Education Ministry recommends smart device sharing for students

webfact

fffb6900ce80b72842315e9bd5258176_small.jpg

By Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Education is asking government agencies and private firms to lend smartphones and tablets to students. These internet-connected devices are crucial to students’ remote learning.

The Ministry of Education launched the “Next Normal with Smart Devices” campaign for government agencies and private companies to lend smart devices such as smartphones and tablets to students in need, in order to assist in their online learning during the pandemic.

Deputy Minister of Education Kalaya Sophonpanich said access to technology and internet connection, along with the content and teachers’ capacity, is crucial for effective online learning, an area in which this new campaign could help improve upon.

The Ministry of Education will also be setting up a fund to support students in need of online learning equipment and to further promote online learning channels and the creation of online content.

The ministry is to set up a central database for online lessons and tests, starting with high school students in their senior years, before expanding to younger students, as well as students with special needs.

nnt.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Education is asking government agencies and private firms to lend smartphones and tablets to students. These internet-connected devices are crucial to students’ remote learning.

Thailand likes to "borrow" 

6 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The headline says sharing. The story is about lending.

Hey ho. Restore hackles to relaxed status.

But what happened to all those free devices which were distributed some few years ago?

If I remember rightly most never worked from the get go, a very good & noble cause but apparently the chinos.... laptops failed.

11 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

The headline says sharing. The story is about lending.

Hey ho. Restore hackles to relaxed status.

But what happened to all those free devices which were distributed some few years ago?

Yinglucks scheme was started over 10 years ago, I doubt any of those tablets survive now and if any do will be seriously outdated.

• 2 months later...

I think it's a great idea. Now each student has a chance to get a tablet to study themselves, and such initiative is great. Online learning is complicated, and without devices, it will be very and very hard to study and do homework. I have to write a lot of papers, reports and so on, and when my laptop broke, I was in a panic. I used some assistance from Edubirdie to receive fast and professional help, and it was the best decision because otherwise, I would have missed all the deadlines. That's why devices during remote learning and very important, and the process depends on them.

Edited by StellaM