Christmas Dinner/Lunch

splodger

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Even Hungry Hippo ..... probably Cheap Charlies (which was doing well yesterday).... but if you really want to pay, The main hotels too.

Is that the Hungary Hippo that is next to the Welkom Inn? Pattaya. 

I'd check with high end hotels like the Hilton,Pullman Pattaya G, etc.

There going to cost an arm and a leg-- nothing under 2,000 baht per person.

Theres not that many expats to warrant many places to purchase food for an extravagant Christmas Buffett this year.

Almost better to just wait until after and go McDonald's.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, USEpat said:

Try Dicey O'Reilly's in the Avani Hotel on 2nd Road about opposite Avenue.  Not cheap, but quite good with plenty to eat in a buffet setting.  Same for Thanksgiving.

Closed had Christmas dinner there before excellent 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I was there for brunch sometimes. Worth the price.

But the diner is very different. Different customers, no tattooed flipflop people, relatively high prices, very nice service.

Pascal and his son are friendly men.

I live in Chonburi city so evenings are not really an option.

We were in Pattaya New Years Eve and may have considered it, but nowhere open, takeaway in the room.

For those wanting to do a turkey dinner at home on Christmas Day, Villa has a freezer full of ready-cooked Butterball turkeys at the usual Villa-type prices. Makro has a freezer full of ready-roast turkeys of unidentified origin (maybe Australian?) but they look nice and plump, and are "only" asking for 450 Baht/kg. Siamburi's Butterball turkeys were all pre-ordered a long time ago, but they might still have some ready-cooked Australian birds available, also at "reasonable" prices (well, TiT, even if it's Christmas). To put this in context, a 6 kg turkey will set you back something like 2,500-3,000 Baht here at the cheapest, while back in the UK my brother bought a 7 kg frozen turkey in the local Aldi for just £17 (about 765 Baht). But hey, at least we can get them here in paradise. 

Edited by Guderian

On 11/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, Guderian said:

For those wanting to do a turkey dinner at home on Christmas Day, Villa has a freezer full of ready-cooked Butterball turkeys at the usual Villa-type prices. Makro has a freezer full of ready-roast turkeys of unidentified origin (maybe Australian?) but they look nice and plump, and are "only" asking for 450 Baht/kg. Siamburi's Butterball turkeys were all pre-ordered a long time ago, but they might still have some ready-cooked Australian birds available, also at "reasonable" prices (well, TiT, even if it's Christmas). To put this in context, a 6 kg turkey will set you back something like 2,500-3,000 Baht here at the cheapest, while back in the UK my brother bought a 7 kg frozen turkey in the local Aldi for just £17 (about 765 Baht). But hey, at least we can get them here in paradise. 

Big C has frozen already roasted turkeys from USA. I can't remember price.

23 hours ago, splodger said:

Closed until 31st.December

Maybe................all I know is what the Restaurant Manager (Nanzi) told me at Thanksgiving.  Said they'd be open through Christmas and for sure for Christmas dinner.  Maybe she got over ruled.

• Thanks 1

Christmas at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya at Starz Diner

From 6 pm - 9.30 pm

CHRISTMAS BUFFET DINNER

Friday, 24 December 2021 - Saturday, 25 December 2021 from 6 pm - 9.30 pm

THB 1,199 net per person, including a complimentary glass of festive season signature drink

THB 550 net per child (6 - 12 years old), including a complimentary soft drinks or juice

Kids under 6 years old eat FREE

PACKAGE INCLUDES

Christmas dining delights include a selection of 

• Traditional Roasted Turkey with Stuffing, Cranberry and Giblet Sauce
  • Glazed Virginia Ham with Clove and Maple Syrup
  • Slow Smoked Beef Brisket
  • Baked Lamb Leg with Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Sauce: Black Pepper, Mushrooms, Mint Jelly and BBQ Sauce
  • Churrasco Corner
  • Soup
  • Appetizers and Salads
  • Christmas Dessert Goodies

ENTERTAINMENT

• Live Duo Band
  • Christmas Carol Singers 
  • Santa Claus
  • Kids Game Show

• Like 1