Foreigners in Thailand warned about not wearing face masks

snoop1130

13 hours ago, connda said:

Here we go again.  Bad Farangs!!!

What about the Thai tourist in the background.  You know, the maskless Thai behind the masked farang woman. 

Hey!  Thailand.  Where do I submit all the pictures I have of maskless Thais in public???

ER2.jpg.80ccb0640af70c0fb4e8cd09cf9460c9.jpg

She looks like a typical UK national to me . ????

5 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

The leeches in charge are just deflecting AGAIN.

Just covering their asses for the abysmal vaccine procurement and rollout.

Yep. It's a very unpopular Govt trying to enforce compliance through fear-mongering and xenophobia.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Coming to Thailand should be a complete cultural experience for open minded people. The TAT and all travel industry channels should make it clear through international media that although it may not be scientifically essential wearing a mask AT ALL TIMES EVEN OUTDOORS is part of many Asian cultures already and will be required for in Thailand for several more years under force of legal prosecution or please do not come to Thailand. 

What ???!

Where i am admittedly not in a city life is relatively Normal you wear masks in shop markets  and thats about it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, poohy said:

In real life outside prachuap masks are worn by thais about 50% of time and never when they socializing In local bars drinking shops (yes thereare many)

I'm seeing damn near 100% compliance in Chiang Mai. Even stupid stuff like, exit the car and put on the mask, arrive at the table and take off the mask, when you're finished put back on the mask and walk to the car, remove the mask in the car etc....

We're seeing in realtime how Thailand gets left behind the rest of the world. We all started out at the same place in 2020 and now over a year later Thailand still seems stuck in the past and struggling to process all the new developments since then.  It's a shame really because life may not be getting back to normal for a long time here....

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

One look at the PISA educational tables will confirm the lack of education. Not the sharpest tools in the shed..

which keeps prices down and allows the old codgers to live here instead of smelly old ferrlung land. yet they complain about the poor standards. oh the irony! ????

• Confused 4

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai’s do tend to ask silly, clumsy and outright silly questions - its not because they are being judgemental, its just because in many cases they do not think before asking... its often harmless and quite amusing, especially when handled well...

IF a person (*Thai or otherwise) was silly enough to ask me if I have covid... I’d answer something like, yes, but only in the mornings !!!! 

Just like when all the aunties asked when we are going to have children (when my Wife and I got married), my Answer was usually something along the lines of 9am next Saturday. 

-----

Mask wearing indoors in public is fine...  be curious, walk to your table in a restaurant then take off the mask after being seated (put mask in pocket, not on the table).

Mask wearing in a busy outdoor market, 7-11, supermarket etc.. of course - thats common sense.

Mask wearing when riding a bicycle - no, not when exercising or outdoors in a quiet area (and definitely not when doing hard exercise). 

Theres an intelligent balance and while some people do not possess the common sense to apply an intelligent balance, most people do and are not judgemental to those exercising discretion and common sense. 

i.e. I do not wear a mask in my car with my Wife and Son... thats just silly - its one those regulations which is just too silly to be concerned with.

I do not wear a mask on my motorcycle when wearing a full face helmet.

I wear a mask on my motorcycle when wearing an open face helmet, but have it pulled down to my chin, so that my breath doest fog up the visor - its there just incase some BiB decides he’s going to chance things at the traffic lights. 

Thai people are mostly no thinking humans ????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, pattjock said:

What about all the Thai people not wearing masks?

Deflection works sometimes….but if one walked on soi baukhao (Pattaya) you’d see  most farangs not wearing mask. Police would have a field  day if they bothered to enforce the rule

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, pattjock said:

What about all the Thai people not wearing masks?

What about trying to understand the English  language?

The comment was specific to recent foreign arrivals with the the implication visitors may not be aware. That implication would not apply to Thai nationals. 

"many foreigners who have arrived in Thailand since its reopening have not been wearing face masks as required"

"The rule also applies to visitors."

Of course a xenophobic interpretation is more acceptable on this forum.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Dr Apisamai many foreigners who have arrived in Thailand since its reopening have not been wearing face masks as required and have also been gathering in groups and at parties. 

He only wants us to be protected from the dirty unvaccinated locals. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sandyf said:

LONDON — An increasing number of doctors in the U.K. are warning that the country, and its health service, are facing a renewed health crisis due to rampant Covid-19 infections and a rising number of hospitalizations and deaths.

They've been saying that for years and why didn't wearing masks help all the previous months if they're effective? I seriously can't believe people are going in for another year of this nonsense, and we have the so-called vaccines now even!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Aforek said:

I wear mask outside, market etc and I am not sick : why ? 

here, 99.99 % people ( Thai, I am the only farang ) wear a mask

in Europe, few people wear a mask : you know the result 

of course, mask, vaccination and social distancing are the key 

Saw article (but not in English) that masks were 53% effective in preventing transmission and distancing about 20 something %. Not sure where they got that article from, it was posted 2 days ago with title (translated) "How effective are masks against COVID, really?". I'm sure it's not their article, as they keep reposting stuff from other agencies, but it's from one of largest media companies in Europe.

Now... I see all these protests around Europe in the past couple of days. Their numbers of infections are off the chart, yet you would be hard pressed to find anyone with a mask on...

A month or 2 ago I watched about The Flu that killed 50 million... I think it was BBC production. Amazon Prime has it (googled that, but watched it on True Science or whatever the name of that channel is) which basically showed how they were coming up with protections and what worked and what didn't ad-hoc. The lockdowns are actually what Manchester (if I remember right) mayor did and it worked in lowering infections there. Masks were what some doctors in UK found out worked in at least partially protecting their health workers from getting infected and dying.

Last bit I didn't know... Spanish Flu was only called that way as only Spain talked about it while others tried to play it down. But it actually came from farmer in Kansas who became a cook at a military camp there. The subsequent variants also came from the same military camp, before spreading by ships to Europe (France, mainly), and from there to the rest of the World.

Interesting thing to watch.

I am in the US right now, and a minority of people are wearing masks outdoors. Thailand happens to be one of the most fearful and paranoid nations around, when it comes to transmission of Covid, so I can understand the reluctance to follow this extreme trend and habit. It is NOT easily transmissible outdoors. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

Absolute boll*cks! Thais are by far the worst culprits for all the above but the "dirty farang" are getting the blame again. TIT

Why??? Just when I look how much idiots demonstrate in the european cities about new lockdowns  without a mask, I am sure this man spoke right. So much farangs give a <deleted> about the law here. Just drive down the beach road in pattaya or jomtien and you can be rich if you give a fine to every farang without mask on the mouth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1