Foreigners in Thailand warned about not wearing face masks

snoop1130

6 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Masks do nothing, thankfully many Thais and farang are realizing this and taking the proper course of action or is that in-action....

They certainly don't when you've been using the same one for weeks and all it does or can do is cover your chin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, pattjock said:

What about all the Thai people not wearing masks?

Hub of differential rules & laws...

Did we not have anutin feature in public appearance with no mask on!

Thai nationals not required to have covid test before boarding a flight to thailand, but foreigners should have one and risk being infected.

Covid related measures have further exposed double standards here

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is what happens when you advertise a country as being 'open' again when really it's just a lie.

The law regarding mask wearing should be made very clear on the website where you apply for your visa or 'entry pass' / whatever they're calling it this week, make it a checkbox that they acknowledge they know it's the law, that it is enforced and that there are large fines.

This is what happens when tourists copy locals, who don’t wear masks or helmets or use crosswalks or or or.   The Thai public of course copy their local officials who don’t wear masks or helmets or obey traffic rules etc. etc. etc. 

10 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

Perhaps there is a lack of education and understanding.

That is their educating & understanding. Thai mass media perpetuates the view of dirty filty farang covid spreader.  On the other hand I have lots of room around me at the market these days.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I can locate information on wearing masks while exercising outdoors?  I think I am OK but not sure and I do get some that think it is the same as not wearing a mask at Lotus.  Really no understanding of risks and how this virus spreads.

I am in rural Thailand and practically everybody  are wearing masks other than while at home.  I think it is excessive but might be wrong.  I hear  others stating Thias are not wearing masks and I find this hard to believe.  90% of people on rural roads are wearing masks here!  Farmers on tractors that are alone are wearing a mask probably half the time.  Just weird but nothing I can do and hope they aren't too upset with me running without a mask.

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

I am farang and yes I wear a mask, even when bicycling in the countryside. 

You'll need it anyway as burning/ smog season is just getting underway. ????

We have a running track just next to our house and absolutely no one wears a mask while exercising even when 2.5 PM air pollution levels are off the charts. ????

1 hour ago, kiteman9 said:

I have been pedaling my bike every day around my village far away from people without a mask since Covid 19 started. The Thai Department of Health advises against wearing a face mask when exercising. You are not getting enough oxygen into your lungs and heart, so your body has to work harder, which is more dangerous. When I'm close to people I put my mask on.

Where is this stated? I'm sick of this strange logic that people alone running need a mask.  It is possible( very hard IMO) for cyclists but near impossible for runners.  Some people going by me on scooters are seriously scared! 

The wearing of masks seems only to be policed (Pun) in Bangkok and the other tourist areas.  Yet, only a few kms outside these areas, it's quite obvious that the usual percentage of Thais think laws don't really apply to them.  I suspect that the real risk to covid spreading is in these outlying areas.

If this mask rule is going to work, perhaps it would be a good idea to include everybody.

When Anutin made his much-derided remark about dirty Farangs refusing masks, he was right. I see almost all Thai people and Asian foreigners wearing masks. it’s young, Caucasian foreigners not wearing them. Not only on the street, huge numbers of FarangsI have shown up at Phrom Pong and Emquartier, where I often dwell. Often unmasked.  At my gym, everybody wears a mask all the time. They ought to find them as advertised, second offense deport them after suitable time in detention. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

This is what happens when you advertise a country as being 'open' again when really it's just a lie.

The law regarding mask wearing should be made very clear on the website where you apply for your visa or 'entry pass' / whatever they're calling it this week, make it a checkbox that they acknowledge they know it's the law, that it is enforced and that there are large fines.

Your being unfair .. How are these officials gonna live .. It’s their brown envelopes “;0)

17 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

I rarely see anyone wearing a i-95 surgical mask which are the only masks that are supposed to work.

You are looking at this far too clinically. Nothing is 100%. Do masks reduce the spread of the virus - the answer is yes. So it's all about taking basic measures that somewhat reduce the risk. 

I know alot of guys from the US and UK love sprouting the theory that being outdoors is safe. In most scenarios yes - but if you are in a packed place, which you will encouter in Bangkok, the last thing you want is someone without a mask coughing all over you. 

If you do struggle with the rules then you should honestly go elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

Doesn't it say anywhere on the Thailand Pass application what the Covid rules and regulations are in Thailand?  There should be one of those disclaimer statements that you need to acknowledge like the airlines have on their website.  Anyone know?

• Like 1

Life is gradually getting back to normal certainly lt in uk Masks are not compulsory

If thailand can only offer holidays with Restrictions they should make it abundantly clear maybe another section on thailand pass

In real life outside prachuap masks are worn by thais about 50% of time and never when they socializing In local bars drinking shops (yes thereare many)

My snazzy red cloth thai railways mask is on motorcycle handleso it get washed and blown dry regularly

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, pattjock said:

What about all the Thai people not wearing masks?

Same old same. Blame the foreigners for everything that happens. Did the foreigners lie to get here? Did the Thai government lie to get tourist here? The PM DEMANDING people say that everything is. OK 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1