Covid numbers not spiking three weeks after reopening

webfact

13 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Why would they think it would spike?

The chances of a new arrival catching Covid from anyone in Thailand is far greater than someone in Thailand getting it from a double vaxxed, twice tested, hoop jumping new arrival.

100% agree. Apparently only 26 arrivals have been tested positive with Covid since 1st November. No mention what nationality, if returning Thais that not need testing or whoever those positive people were so none the wiser and how unlikely is it the other 70,000 + could pass on something they don't have!! Ludicrous statement

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

"It has been three weeks since the country reopened to vaccinated tourists and there has been no spike in the number of daily Covid "

I find this very mis-leading as the figures include all 3 schemes of Test & Go (from 1 Nov), Sandbox (re-opened 1 Jul) and unvaccinated Full Quarantine (re-opened ages ago)

The Test & Go scheme has most of the arrivals (69,809) with only about 0.08% tested positive since it started 3 weeks ago so why would there be a spike?

I wish they would report Test & Go separately as then they might realise how low risk this really is and drop some of hoops

The Sandbox is pretty much the same as Test & Go, the difference is you have to stay in the same hotel 7 days, and need to show your ATK test result to the reception.  In the Phuket hotels the Sandbox and Test&Go visitors are mixed in the same hotels, where I was staying nobody was checking me whether I was coming back to the hotel to sleep.

With high levels of people vaccinated, symptoms will be milder, numbers likely way way higher but that's okay. 

Just sit on your balcony and I'm pretty sure you will hear at least three people with a cough nearby.

We still have a significant disincentive to get tested both financially and getting whisked off somewhere so people will avoid tests even if symptomatic, even those who take the home test will not report it due to the fear on consequences, yes that’s a risk but asymptomatic people potentially take that risk.

• Thanks 1

Again came to Colombia since Thailand is still not open months ago. Cases were off the charts. Now after they opened up cases have dropped to nothing. 

Thailand is just using it as an excuse to fleece the tourists plain and simple IMHO.

• Like 1

Quite confused where they are getting the new case numbers from. An average of about 6000 per day new cases.  When you check on the covid worldometer site I have noticed that the total number of tests conducted in Thailand is 14,913,135 to date.  This figure has not changed for more than a week so what is happening?

just curious

14 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

The obsession with cases need to stop. Are the hospitals getting full? Are people dying? If the answer remains no lets just get on with life!

Well the answers are 'they are not empty' and 'yes', which means we should not get on with life? I think we need to irrespective .....

15 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

The obsession with cases need to stop. Are the hospitals getting full? Are people dying? If the answer remains no lets just get on with life!

The propaganda spin machine has been fully engaged, the world over, for nearly two years. 

One would think people would've figured out the nonsense that surrounds everything Covid.

Guess not.

• Like 1

What all those arrogant freakies in the government have not understood is, that you can command Thai people around at will whereas tourists will not adhere to such brainless bureaucratically overloaded b“*ç%hit. 

Foreign tourists, dirty farang and alien just go elsewhere and if these daydreamers at the tourism bureau and the relevant government agencies would stop poking noses and rather try to find out, why other destinations are doing more than fine - they might find out that Thailand is a touristic nightmare. But just wait and get ready for the Chinese avalanche, which will take over much more than just tourisic offerings - good luck! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

What all those arrogant freakies in the government have not understood is, that you can command Thai people around at will whereas tourists will not adhere to such brainless bureaucratically overloaded b“*ç%hit. 

Foreign tourists, dirty farang and alien just go elsewhere and if these daydreamers at the tourism bureau and the relevant government agencies would stop poking noses and rather try to find out, why other destinations are doing more than fine - they might find out that Thailand is a touristic nightmare. But just wait and get ready for the Chinese avalanche, which will take over much more than just tourisic offerings - good luck! 

Another joker hanging on to the dirty farang comment, let it go buddy ,let it go. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

On my  part it is not an obsession, it is being mindful   at a time everybody is shouting to open the country to all.

You rightly ask are people dying and are hospitals full, who know’s because nobody like with regard to testing is reporting or the reporting leaves more questions than answers, the devil in this beast can easily be seen in the Schengen block right at this moment