Retirement method

I've been using 800k in the bank method for 12yrs now I would like to free up some of the 800k, what do I need to do too use income plus lump sum I.e 400k plus income/pension, could I use 40k income per month plus lump sum or does it have to be 65k income?

OP, follow the advice in first post.

Some immigration offices flat out refused combination method. 

I would be interested to know if anyone is using combo method for extension (retirement) at CW..

Anyone with first hand experience? 

Edited by DrJack54

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik there are some immigration offices which don't allow the combination method, so you should let us know where you are, then maybe somebody who lives in the same province as you can post in his experience. Or you should ask at your local immigration office about it.

I'm in Phuket, I did use the combination method many yrs ago but only for a couple of months.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A combination of income and money in the bank is allowed. The income part of it can be difficult unless you can get a letter from your embassy to prove it. If no proof from a embassy you will need 12 months to transfers from abroad into a Thai bank to prove.

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Afaik there are some immigration offices which don't allow the combination method, so you should let us know where you are, then maybe somebody who lives in the same province as you can post in his experience. Or you should ask at your local immigration office about it.

I think the majority of offices are accepting them now. The problems often mentioned occurred in 2018/2019 when some embassies stopped issuing proof on income. The order for transfers from abroad allowed a few months of transfers from abroad to do a extension application but office were reluctant to accept them trying to guess a annual income for the combination option caused problems. People with proof from an embassy did not have a problem then.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Use an agent for what and how? never done it so how does it work?

You pay them about 16k, they pay an officer, often in another provincial office, to ignore the money in bank requirement and issue your extension. You can then use them for 90 day reports and re entry permits for an extra charge, you never have to go yourself any longer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

And quite often using an agent, your immigration stamp is not where you applied, making your 90 day reports a disaster or a road trip or pay the agent - these are bad agents and they are out there..........

You can do a TM30 for change of address..

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You can do a TM30 for change of address..

Example 'bad agent' - if you get your Non O extension at CW where you live, and your stamp is Chachoengsao Immigration, you cannot do a 90 day report at CW. The bad agent has got you where he wants you........

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

The bad agent has got you where he wants you.....

Most (all) agents will send the passport to office that they deal with upcountry.

When pp is returned you then do change of address. TM30.

You can then do 90 report at for example CW if thats where you live.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Example 'bad agent' - if you get your Non O extension at CW where you live, and your stamp is Chachoengsao Immigration, you cannot do a 90 day report at CW. The bad agent has got you where he wants you........

Yeah and it costs a whopping 500 baht for the agent to get the 90 day report sorted, or you could just take it out of the 800,000 Baht you dont need to leave festering in the bank all year ????

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Yeah and it costs a whopping 500 baht for the agent to get the 90 day report sorted, or you could just take it out of the 800,000 Baht you dont need to leave festering in the bank all year ????

Good on ya, continue on with your immigration corruption support.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Good on ya, continue on with your immigration corruption support.....

???????? will do, ???? Red bull heir, armfuls of bent watches, Joe Ferrari, seizing power at the barrel of a gun ???????? all down to me not being Ar%ed to sit in immigration for days and tying money up all year 

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is past time to end the off topic discussion about agents. The OP has already stated he does not want to use one.

All further posts about one will be removed without notice.

Apologies but i thought the OP was about freeing up some or all of the monies tied up in a bank account and one of the ways to do this is from what i can see by using an Agent 

34 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

Apologies but i thought the OP was about freeing up some or all of the monies tied up in a bank account and one of the ways to do this is from what i can see by using an Agent 

That is something that can be done without an agent.

He asked about doing the combination option and I answered that question earlier in this topic.