Why put down the toilet seat

A1Str8

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's way too much work.

After 65+ years of practice, my aim is fairly perfected.

Of course when I look down to aim, I can actually see, where others may have a blocked line of sight, in which case, they may want to sit.  It would be the considerate thing to do, unless enjoy a bit of clean up after.  Weighing those options, sitting sounds the better option.

It's not an imposition for me. I do it when I am alone anyway. Means that I don't have to clean the bathroom on a daily basis. Once a week is enough. I have a life; I don't want to spend it cleaning the accommodation every day..

No offensive smell of dying bacteria in the toilet. I have to wash my hands anyway, so two seconds spraying around the toilet bowl doesn't hurt me. 25 baht spray bottle from Mr DIY and the same for Haiter. Dilute. Simple and effective.

3 minutes ago, PFMills said:

II like to see both the seat and cover down after use .. looks much more tidy

Just thinking I might start doing that.

We are installing new lavatories at the moment with the soft close seats, so may as well make use of them.

Edited by Will B Good

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If men peed sitting down then there'd be no chance of missing the bowl and the seat would be down all the time. Common sense really.

Makes no sense at all.  Why should we have to sit and suffer the indignity of having our bell ends soaking in the water that we're p_issing in?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Makes no sense at all.  Why should we have to sit and suffer the indignity of having our bell ends soaking in the water that we're p_issing in?

If only............for most posters it is keeping the twins out of the water when sitting down that is a more pressing issue.

Who care’s about the seat ?? ... Wife leaves it down, Son and I leave it up !

There is actually a genuine reason the lid should be down after using the toilet - The Flush, which creates a mist and brings ‘nasty stuff’ back out of the dunnie...  this is obviously even worse after a numero dos than it is a numero uno....   

Years ago when my Thai mate and his gf visited me back in the UK they were astonished that we had a carpet in the bathroom (right up to the toilet)... and they were quite right, its pretty grim when I thought about that. 

I never admitted defeat though... I pointed out that its ‘easier’ to aim for us British because even though we are taller the end of our co<ks are closer to the the toilet bowl... ???? (his missus though that was hilarious.

------ 

My take away from the OP: nothing to do with toilet seats (and lids) but the humour he has with his Father in Law who sided with him !!...   obviously a good relationship with the whole family if they can discuss and even argue about such a matter and the Father In Law is onside in what turns out to be a male vs female conversation !!!

3 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Yes, because wiping your %rse with some paper and smearing what is there all over your behind is WAY better than cleaning with a jet of water.  Or not.

PH

When you wipe your face with a napkin are you capable of cleaning the food off or do you just smear it all over your face?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

When you wipe your face with a napkin are you capable of cleaning the food off or do you just smear it all over your face?

If you had food on your face which would be the more effective.................

............wiping your face with a cloth or washing your face with water?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who care’s about the seat ?? ... Wife leaves it down, Son and I leave it up !

There is actually a genuine reason the lid should be down after using the toilet - The Flush, which creates a mist and brings ‘nasty stuff’ back out of the dunnie...  this is obviously even worse after a numero dos than it is a numero uno....   

Years ago when my Thai mate and his gf visited me back in the UK they were astonished that we had a carpet in the bathroom (right up to the toilet)... and they were quite right, its pretty grim when I thought about that. 

I never admitted defeat though... I pointed out that its ‘easier’ to aim for us British because even though we are taller the end of our co<ks are closer to the the toilet bowl... ???? (his missus though that was hilarious.

------ 

My take away from the OP: nothing to do with toilet seats (and lids) but the humour he has with his Father in Law who sided with him !!...   obviously a good relationship with the whole family if they can discuss and even argue about such a matter and the Father In Law is onside in what turns out to be a male vs female conversation !!!

I'm waiting till the FDA, CDC, WHO get done their research on up or down recommendations.  Until then, I'm doing my business outside in the yard.

With all that stuff going airborne...hope y'all are wearing your mask.  

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If you had food on your face which would be the more effective.................

............wiping your face with a cloth or washing your face with water?

Do you eat the entire meal before going to wash your face? Some people use a paper or cloth napkin at the table and wipe their mouth after every 2-3 bites or as needed. Most manage to remove the food, I guess some just smear it all over their face.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Do you eat the entire meal before going to wash your face? Some people use a paper or cloth napkin at the table and wipe their mouth after every 2-3 bites or as needed. Most manage to remove the food, I guess some just smear it all over their face.

I need to get a life.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I would go and see urgently a DR. Having those "easter eggs" hanging so low is not good.

13 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Peeing in a toilet while standing is disgusting. There will always be drops on the floor all around the toilet, no matter how hard you try to omit that, and I am pretty sure that you don't clean the floor after every time you pee? And here comes the wife sitting down and putting her feet on the floor you messed up.

Ever looked at the floor around urinals in public toilets? There you see what I mean when I say that peeing while standing is making a mess of the floor around it, whether urinal or "normal" toilet. 

Peeing in a toilet at home while standing is disrespecting your wife, because she will have to clean up the mess that you caused. 

I don't think it's disrespectful because as long as she's busy cleaning, she's not swiping my credit cards all day. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

I usually manage to get my food in my mouth.

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

"Usually" is not good enough. For those rare occasions that you don't manage to get the food in your mouth, please learn to use a napkin.

On those rare ocassions, I am usually (that word again) inebriated enough that I am one or more of noticing, caring or capable of efficient napkin manipulation.

PG

• Haha 1