Why put down the toilet seat

A1Str8

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

Peeing in a toilet while standing is disgusting. There will always be drops on the floor all around the toilet, no matter how hard you try to omit that, and I am pretty sure that you don't clean the floor after every time you pee? And here comes the wife sitting down and putting her feet on the floor you messed up.

Ever looked at the floor around urinals in public toilets? There you see what I mean when I say that peeing while standing is making a mess of the floor around it, whether urinal or "normal" toilet. 

Peeing in a toilet at home while standing is disrespecting your wife, because she will have to clean up the mess that you caused. 

I am a feminist but to be asked to pee sitting (unhealthy) no thanks my aim in someones home is far superior to "a public toilet" and on our jets if you make a mess you'll catch hell from fellow crew members

And holding a woman purse while she goes to the toilet is out of the question. I was taught if you can't carry your own gear don't bring it. 

The best reason to put the seat down is if you plop your butt down in the dark and the seat is up you get this cool sinking sensation.

Same men for women

Edited by Captain Monday

When I traveled with my two young boys and we had to use the urinals at highway rest stops, I would always point to the ever-present  "wet floor" sign.

Bilingual Wet Floor Standing Safety Sign

I told them "Piso Mojado" meant "Pee Harder" in Spanish, so you'd hit the urinal.  My Dad used to talk about a sign in a gas station restroom - "We aim to please, you please aim too".  Then of course there's the sign "In case of air raid, jump in here.  Hasn't been hit yet". 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Peeing in a toilet while standing is disgusting. There will always be drops on the floor all around the toilet, no matter how hard you try to omit that, and I am pretty sure that you don't clean the floor after every time you pee? And here comes the wife sitting down and putting her feet on the floor you messed up.

Ever looked at the floor around urinals in public toilets? There you see what I mean when I say that peeing while standing is making a mess of the floor around it, whether urinal or "normal" toilet. 

Peeing in a toilet at home while standing is disrespecting your wife, because she will have to clean up the mess that you caused. 

Wow...that is really nonsense.

First of all, there is no mention of the wife complaining about urine on the ground. The issue is putting the toilet seat down.

Likely being that she gets up to go to the toilet without opening her eyes and finds she is sitting on cold porcelain. Open your eyes woman ????

Think about it; the man lifts the toilet seat in the first place for the woman's convenience; in so they never have to sit on a contaminated seat. All the woman has to do is to remember to put it down. By doing that she has confidence that there is no dried urine on the seat.

Believe me, if it were down, she would have the new issue of wondering whether there is urine on the seat.

But to act as if the man is unwelcome in his own toilet is ridiculous. Take the seat up before you urinate and then put it down again afterwards. Woman.., does nothing. Does she clean the seat after she uses it? Privileged world for some eh?

Personally, I pee standing up and have a fine bleach spray in the bathroom. No bad smells and no bad attitudes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most of us aren't that feminised yet.

It's roughly half half.

42 percent of married men sit down to urinate

And

A 2014 study by Leiden University Medical Centre in the Netherlands found that sitting down helps men with prostate problems such as lower urinary tract disease to urinate with greater force, as the sitting position encourages a “more favorable urodynamic profile.”

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

I think it is disrespectful to your wife presuming that she has to clean the toilet. 

Edited by travelalone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, It´s amazing that a guy that runs 5 businesses have time to have a problem with a toilet seat. Anyway, I understand your pain, I t must be a hell of a work to open and close every time you need to use the toilet. Now I am going to follow you on TV, so that I get a notice of every important thing that matter in your life. Have a great day, and don´t let the toilet seat hit you on your way out. ????

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I did not have a clue that is was semi normal to sit down when taking a whiz and also that it is more considerate.  Interesting and get the logic but most men are pigs when it come to number 1 and 2. 

Take the wife in to any well used public bathroom or simply take some pics to share with her.  What she will see are 90% of the seats are down and covered in <deleted> or other disgusting collateral damage.  The toilet seat being up sure seems like a preferred sight IMO.  I'm just amazed with the <deleted> precision many lack. It is as if they using a garden hose in wide spray mode or they enjoy taking aim at objects outside the bowl.

I remember having this conversation w/a GF years ago - her comment was that it felt terrible to go to the bathroom at night and fall in because the seat was up... I thought if it felt that terrible then maybe she should remember to check first... 

This sounds to me as a 50/50 issue... BUT, as a siren for peace, I always gave in and always put the seat back down.. it is easier than fighting about it... 

OP - going to the lengths you mention, yeah, it would kind of sound like you are being a jerk about it...