Thailand bans arrivals from 8 African countries as a precaution against new COVID-19 variant Omicron

Jonathan Fairfield

On 11/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, jollyhangmon said:

... yes, Austrian public broadcast talks of as yet unconfirmed cases in AT, DE, IT ... not fully sequenced yet. Sufficient to say the carriers flew in from the concerned omicronuos regions.

Talking of which, wonder why those hypocrites left out the greek lettah before  Omicron, LOLz ... 

Screenshot_2021-11-28_074233.thumb.jpg.18a4fab7ee153b6adc31b5c952e9e8fd.jpg

image.png.782cdc1954d5f80f8658e7f5f5b44040.png This is why, Xi Jinping,  China controls the WHO!

14 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

No idea why I didn't get instant acceptance like some applicants, given that I'm fully vaxxed in Thailand, hold yearly Thai health insurance exceeding the minimum, have a valid visa and return entry permit and also booked and paid for my SHA+ hotel. No wonder short term tourists might baulk at the process. 

Did you include a cropped jpeg of the QR code in your application?  I've done several applications for friends etc. recently and I've found that when I use the additional box that allows a crop of the QR code, those applications were approved immediatley.  I can't swear to that but that's been the only difference from previous applications.

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Don't panic......

I don't expect Thailand will be closing its doors to any, bar several African countries. Germany is not in any position worse than many other European countries. Omicron has yet to kill anybody and how serious it is is unknown ATM.

I have a pal on the plane today from UK.... I expect his return trip to be more of an issue. 

I am not sure what i should do right now. Somehow i wish the Thai government would announce to ban my country, then i would not have to decide myself, if i should go or not. At the moment it looks like i can fly, but i´m not sure how the situation is in 3 weeks when i go back. Strange situation.

1 minute ago, Soulman1980 said:

I am not sure what i should do right now. Somehow i wish the Thai government would announce to ban my country, then i would not have to decide myself, if i should go or not. At the moment it looks like i can fly, but i´m not sure how the situation is in 3 weeks when i go back. Strange situation.

Well nobody can predict this yet,, but I sense it would have to become a very serious (unlikely) situation that could prevent your return. The big fear for say UK people is the possibility of rather expensive and obligatory quarantine. 

• Like 1