Maskless Foreigners in Bangkok

sharecropper

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

On a motorcycle: well, who gets out of breath ?

But then again, on a motorcycle, who are you likely to infect??

The virus is transmitted, in the main, from exhaled droplets, and I doubt very much whether they would travel any further than one's chin, if indeed one had the virus.

Whether or not it's exercising, I believe the rule for wearing a mask on a motorcycle is a nonsense, based on zero evidence of transmission – – but as the saying goes TIT!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Duh. 

People who refuse to respect the local health laws of a country they are guests in, in the middle of a global pandemic, should be deported. In their own country, they can get their tin hats and pitchforks out and protest against 5G, voting machines, masks or vaccines, or whatever current deluded rubbish they want to believe in.

But in this country, they should respect the law.

And the police should enforce the law , but they dont !

On 11/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, gim12 said:

right, its only those right wing lunatics that stupidly dont wear masks, meanwhile  in the 11/29/21 issue of the  NY Post  ....

"President Joe Biden, who has repeatedly urged Americans to mask up, was captured flouting face-covering rules in Nantucket on Saturday.

Photos show Biden wearing a black mask around his neck, leaving his mouth and nose exposed inside Murray’s Toggery Shop on the island — despite a large sign on the door advising shoppers at the clothing store “REQUIRED FACE COVERING."

Turns out in the US a lot of regional variation in conforming to COVID health measures does break down along political lines.

Saw an example on MSM (ABC, NBC or CBS who knows), two counties in North Carolina where Trump vs. Biden votes correlated with vaccination percentage Trump low/ Biden high vax percentage..

The MSM like to show these, I have seen a number of examples of these.

Day to day behavioral lapses are common, so I can give Biden a pass even if he is wrong.

I went in to a 7-11 store the other day and the cashier was giving me the stink-eye; I realized after I left the store that I had left my mask in the car.  Sign on store door, "Masks required in store", so I was wrong.

I usually wear the mask on my arm when driving so I don't forget it when I get out of the car.

That time I forgot and left it in the car.

Not sure any of this means much.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:27 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I think it would take an exceptional tool to go up to a stranger and tell them to wear their mask....  do you also go up to motorcyclists riding on the pavement and force them on to the road ???? 

In order for evil to florish you just need good people to stay silent.

Edited by cheapcanuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

There are numerous studies showing that cloth masks do nothing to prevent the spread of viruses. The virus aerosol size is minute in comparison to the air gaps in the masks.

Why should people comply with regulations which make absolutely no sense?

If cloth masks did work, why are there not strict regulations to control how they are disposed of, since they supposedly contain so many virus and bacterial deposits?

While I would agree about the amount of protection from wearing cloth masks the important term is 'regulations'. Besides isn't there a financial penalty in Thailand for not wearing a mask?

1 hour ago, cheapcanuck said:
On 11/29/2021 at 12:27 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I think it would take an exceptional tool to go up to a stranger and tell them to wear their mask....  do you also go up to motorcyclists riding on the pavement and force them on to the road ???? 

In order for evil to florish you just need good people to stay silent.

Thats over-egging the pudding somewhat.....   to suggest riding a motorcycle on the pavement or not wearing a mask is ‘allowing evil’ to flourish is monumental hyperbolae !!!....  this isn’t ethnic cleansing !!!!

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

"If people don't want to respect the rules during a pandemic, why come here at all?"

(from OP)

Answer to the question : jpeg attached 

Btw, I cannot stand people walking around with a mask not covering their nose either. It's like people riding a car with their seat belt around them but not fastened. Totally fxxxxg useless!

Risks where.jpg

Just saw this on Twitter. Looks like modern times torture to me (but to save lives). I definitely don't want that to happen to me! FFYHYHtX0AYs9Xh.jpg.6803765b32df6da7b24fedd689732b91.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Why don't you want to tell the Thais as well? There are way more than farangs.

tbh ive seen more farangs without in old city in CNX--thais would just give me a blank stare

side note its not my country--im a guest here and lead by example--also mask mandate...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is a different....  there have been numerous ‘announcements’ that it is not mandatory to wear a mask while exercising. 

Thus: IF someone is out for a run or a jog, or riding a bicycle, they are exercising. 

Riding a motorcycle is not exactly exercising. 

------

There is a safety aspect to all of this: When I play football etc I am sucking in so much air that I’d probably inhale the mask !!!....  really though, when exercising, especially in humid conditions it's tough enough without the mask. 

Thus, when running, cycling etc and getting out of breath there is an element of danger with not getting enough oxygen as your breathing is inhibited (thats the way it feels anyway). 

On a motorcycle: well, who gets out of breath ?

its my bicycle---not mbike--but is a foam based mask so its not bad ----for more its more about the image thais have of us as ive gotten some good feedback from them as a guest here

5 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:
22 hours ago, atpeace said:

You bike with a mask?  Strange but maybe a tribal signal.  What about running without a mask in a park?

yep as far as I know its a mask mandate and I lead by example that I am not above others-esp as Im a guest here....

The ‘mask mandate’..... [officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising]

• Like 1

One very positive aspect of Thailand is of course that foreigners are allowed to get away with all sorts of behaviour which Thais frown upon .

HOWEVER when lives are at stake this tolerance should not be abused!

Jail or a hefty fine to be released for these idiots.

• Like 2

Jail for not wearing a mask ... ????

What next, death sentencing for sneezing. ????

I see 10-100 times more locals a day, walking around, not or improperly wearing a mask.  Mind boggling some of the thinking now of days.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Jail for not wearing a mask ... ????

What next, death sentencing for sneezing. ????

I see 10-100 times more locals a day, walking around, not or improperly wearing a mask.  Mind boggling some of the thinking now of days.

Just to inject a bit of seriousness.

Sneezing on someone's face could actually be a death sentence for the person receiving the mucus - after all, that's the main way covid spreads. Some oiks in the UK were jailed last year for spitting on people's faces, and some were even daft enough to spit on cops' faces!

Re 10-100. I know you live in an area that has a lot tourists, but I guess you still see 10 or 100 Thais for 1 tourist. In my case it's more like 1000:1. And we all wear masks - Thais and foreigners alike, even in the remote villages.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The ‘mask mandate’..... [officials have mandated mask-wearing in public spaces in nearly all circumstances, with the exception of eating, drinking, or exercising]

Am very much in favour of mask wearing (Couldn't understand why <deleted> Boris said it was no longer mandatory in shops and on public transport although that changed today) but couldn't understand the mask wearing on motorbikes as your not very likely to give it or get it at 30 kph the Mrs put me right (again) its mandatory outside of your house with the exception of the above at least there's no dither about it, not seen a farang in ages but not seen any mask less Thais either TBH

• Like 2

Thanks for the intubation picture. I am going to send it to a relative that is still debating to get the

COVID vaccine.  Nice reality check of being too sick when COVID finds you.

In Thailand the only place my glasses may fog up is if I get into an air conditioned car,

or walk into an airconditioned room that is way cooler than out doors. I usually take off my glasses

until they adjust to the new temperatures. If I do have my mask on below my nose, I try to breath

through my mouth and not have my nose dripping onto the top of my mask. ( A little sarcastic 

humor here).  I saw a woman with her mask down around her chin, and I asked her if she wore her bra around her waist, 

as that was about the same help for the situation. She frowned, but her friend burst out laughing, as they had their mask on

properly and we were all in line to enter a department store.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Thanks for the intubation picture. I am going to send it to a relative that is still debating to get the

COVID vaccine.  Nice reality check of being too sick when COVID finds you.

In Thailand the only place my glasses may fog up is if I get into an air conditioned car,

or walk into an airconditioned room that is way cooler than out doors. I usually take off my glasses

until they adjust to the new temperatures. If I do have my mask on below my nose, I try to breath

through my mouth and not have my nose dripping onto the top of my mask. ( A little sarcastic 

humor here).  I saw a woman with her mask down around her chin, and I asked her if she wore her bra around her waist, 

as that was about the same help for the situation. She frowned, but her friend burst out laughing, as they had their mask on

properly and we were all in line to enter a department store.

Or her knickers around her ankles, no no best not go there