Maskless Foreigners in Bangkok

sharecropper

4 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Last week, I was walking up Sukhumvit in BKK;

A couple, both white, in their 40-50's completely annoying.

He was just wearing his shoes and a short, nothing else. A bodybuilder type. Full of tatoos.
His female partner looked similar.

First, who walks halve naked through a busy town? Would they do this in Melbourne, NY, London, Brussels etc?

Then the annoying part, none had a mask.

Get them out.

There are the unspoken of and unofficial activities of the disappearing of folks. 

Fully befitting of the dirty and disrespectful foreigner.

• Sad 1

It happens seldom that I see people without mask. And then there are the following options:

a) The person is somewhere outside and a couple of meters away from anybody else.

Ok, no problem. There is no reason to get upset.

b) Is there a reason the person does not wear a mask? Maybe he/she is drinking or eating something. Give him a break, even if he only sips on his drink every 5 minutes. Should you really remind him he should change his behavior?

c) Obvious idiots who want to show everybody: I get away with this.

Don't do anything. It won't take long before someone else will show them the errors of their thinking.

d) Innocent people who just don't know any better or forgot their mask. I.e. a woman in my building who I saw in the lift who forgot her mask. Now when I see her I ask her about the mask. Because I know it's likely that she forgot her mask and has to go back to her room. I better tell her when I see her so that nobody tells her when she is already in front of the building and then she has to go back.

• Like 1

A misleading post leading to a questionable source based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, and failed fact checks. has been removed, also a couple of replies

24 minutes ago, thepdru said:

So many vaxxed think that they are now safe, so they should be jailed as an example, as most vaxxed !

Are you insinuating that the vaccinated are not safe?  They have been told they are 100% safe if they just get two shots....and a booster.........maybe two boosters.  What do the vaccinated have to worry about if they are fully vaccinated?  They are vaccinated, they can not contract or transmit Covid. 
Why should they wear a mask?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, connda said:

Get in there face and tell them to get their masks on and if they fail to follow your orders than physically force them to wear a mask!!!  That will do it.

Or

Mind your own business.

Bring back the birch! 

birch4.jpg

????

Edited by Chris.B

49 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

As if thais dont stereotype us as it is and think we are a bad influence--I bike around CNX daily with my mask ON and I see tons of farangs without....I struggle not to stop and say something..is a bad example

You bike with a mask?  Strange but maybe a tribal signal.  What about running without a mask in a park?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I get the feeling that the OP probably conveniently doesn't notice all the Thai people not wearing masks.  Also likely that all this "smugness" is completely in their head.

Here in rural Thailand 95%  of Thais wear masks on motorcycles but many don't while in groups socializing.  It is a non issue regardless.  Outside of cities IMO Covid is not killing anyone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

As if thais dont stereotype us as it is and think we are a bad influence--I bike around CNX daily with my mask ON and I see tons of farangs without....I struggle not to stop and say something..is a bad example

Why don't you want to tell the Thais as well? There are way more than farangs.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Here in rural Thailand 95%  of Thais wear masks on motorcycles but many don't while in groups socializing.  It is a non issue regardless.  Outside of cities IMO Covid is not killing anyone.

how much detailed research did you carry out when forming this opinion? and do you really believe the thai government statistics?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

how much detailed research did you carry out when forming this opinion? and do you really believe the thai government statistics?

What opinion?  As for Thai statistics, it depends on the provider and statistic.  Covid death data seems OK now but think deaths were underreported in 2020 if compared to excess deaths.  Hard to know everything in regards to Covid data but try to avoid conspiracies.

10 hours ago, 473geo said:

I can't get all hot and bothered about others, the other day I jumped out of the truck as couldn't park, as about to enter the post office realised no mask ???? popped to a little shop and asked for a mask, given without hesitation, I had no small change, so came back and gave the old lady about a few baht after my post office visit no problem.

There will always be those who need to be different or difficult just ignore them.

Same me. Several times I have come out of a coffee shop or from having eaten somewhere and realised after a while that my mask is either under my chin or in my pocket. Not intentional.

I even came down for breakfast in a hotel the other day, and had to ask a staff member for a mask.

I put it down to jet lag having just returned from a short trip back to the UK.

I do agree that the blatent refuseniks do need some form of punishment or coercion to make them wear masks, but deportation seems a bit extreme.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I generally wear mine below the nose as otherwise it fogs up my glasses.

It's amazing that we're now 3.5 million years into this pandemic (or so it seems) and they still haven't managed to find a solution to this problem.

• Like 1

Personally I think they should be arrested, fined and deported to set an example. They're deporting others for worse reasons these days, on the spurious grounds of being a danger to the public...

What a nice example of block leader mentality, a true "concerned citizen".

I hope you called the police to inprison those disgustinge criminals.

You might carry a gun next time in case, there's no brown uniform near. Then just shoot them. But stay away from them a few meters, otherwise the virus could jump on you,,,huhuhuuu

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, gim12 said:

peatedly urged Americans to mask up, was captured flouting face-covering rules in Nantucket on Saturday.

Photos show Biden wearing a black mask around his neck, leaving his mouth and nose exposed inside Murray’s Toggery Shop on the island — despite a large sign on the door advising shoppers at the clothing store “REQUIRED FACE COVERING."

Maybe he forgot already how to use a mask and no advisor there to help him out.

• Haha 1