USB charging cable

banglay

Hello All  ! 

Does anyone know where I can buy USB charging cable in or around the Pattaya area?  at a pinch USD Data cable will do ... I want extend the reach for a couple of IP security cameras ... PS  I don't need the plug fittings just the cable.   (I need 10 mtrs)

Cheers stay safe  ???? 

IMG_25641130_151819.thumb.jpg.fde53a9f95bca953d00fefda1acc268d.jpgIMG_25641130_151830.thumb.jpg.17cbfc07394f3166b9e56bb48bd1aa1c.jpg

10m USB cable from Lazada - they will be from China, but usually / sometimes you can get delivery within the week.

If you are just powering a wifi IP Camera from a USB plug then 10m is no problem, only when you transmit data it becomes one.

You could try amorn as another poster suggests.

Edited by recom273

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

USB Length Limits

Now that we understand the different USB types, it’s time to talk about length limits. Right out of the box, a USB 2.0 cable can be as long as 5 meters (about 16 feet). Of course, this length is rarely sold, and you’ll sometimes need to use an extension cable or connector. This is just fine, but keep in mind that this 5-meter limit is still in effect. In other words, you can connect a 6-foot cable to a 10-foot cable, and everything will be fine. The overall length of the cable is 16 feet. However, if you connect a 10-foot cable to a 10-foot cable, it isn’t going to work. The overall length will be 20 feet, which is too long for USB 2.0.

USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 connection types have the same rating, and it’s a bit of an oddball. In theory, there’s no actual “maximum.” However, if you go beyond 3 meters (about 10 feet), your signal will start to degrade. The longer you extend the cable, the lower the speed and the less power it will provide. This gives you a little bit of wiggle room if all you’re doing is sending a signal. For example, if you need to send a security camera feed, a 20-foot run is probably doable, assuming minimal interference. On the other hand, if that feed is a 4K camera with two-way audio, you might have an issue. And if that camera requires the USB cable for power, you’re definitely going to have trouble.

How to Extend USB Length

So, you can use an extension cable to run a longer cable, but the length is limit. Is there a way to stretch that even further? Absolutely! However, you need to have a separate, powered device in order to boost the signal. There are two ways of doing this. First, you could use an active extension cable, sometimes called a repeater cable. Second, you could use a powered USB hub. So, which one of these methods is going to be the most effective for your network? Here’s a quick overview of how they both work.

https://nerdtechy.com/usb-maximum-length

Thanks For jogging my memory .. I bought a 10 m USB extension a couple of years ago and didn't use it and I just throw it into a draw and totally forgot about it ......  so I'll butcher that  ,,thx again for kicking the old grey matter back into action ????

All of my cameras are powered via POE (power over ethernet) where the same cable carrying the video also powers the camera. The cameras need to be able to utilize this capability. You also need a special router that can provide the power. I considered doing it the way you did but anticipated the problem with your usb cables and went the other route.

It's likely too late for the OP to take advantage of this but others reading it might.