Facing COVID passport mandate, more Swedes get microchip implants

Puccini

Facing COVID passport mandate, more Swedes get microchip implants

Rise comes after Sweden required vaccination passport at all events with over 100 participants as of Dec. 1, local media reports

Atila Altuntas   |  01.12.2021

STOCKHOLM

Following Sweden’s announcement that the coronavirus vaccine passport requirement will be put into practice, the number of people who got microchips inserted under their skin rose, according to local media.

Swedish daily Aftonbladet reported on Sunday that a rise was recorded in the number of people who had microchips inserted in their hands following Sweden's announcement that a vaccination passport will be required at all events with over 100 participants as of Dec. 1.

Citing a resident, Hannes Sjoblad, the daily reported that he had a microchip with his vaccination passport inserted to his left hand.

Read more: https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/facing-covid-passport-mandate-more-swedes-get-microchip-implants/2436048

Many Swedes got microchip implants years before the covid-19 era for various purposes.

All the Rage in Sweden: Embedding Microchips Under Your Skin

...The technology itself is not new. In fact, Swedes (and others) have been using microchips this way since at least 2015...

Read more: https://futurism.com/sweden-microchip-trend

Edited by Puccini
Added quote
  • Like 1

Haha, nuff said....going like a clock.

Watch all the mainstream news diners line up for that...free *something* if they do it...I saw it on CNN, it must be a good solution.

Passwords...? it all just got too much to handle....it just seems easier if they just stick it under my skin after 3-FA passwords came in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

If you don't know what the fuss is about, read 1984 by George Orwell.

BTW, no politician considered mandatory vaccination till recently. You posted something about that.

Thin end of the wedge and all that.

I've read it.  Some get all wound up about this.  Talking about their personal freedoms, etc.  Well, if someone wants a microchip, isn't that their personal freedom?  Seems the sword doesn't cut both ways for some.

I'd rather not, but if it makes life easier, I really don't care.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I've read it.  Some get all wound up about this.  Talking about their personal freedoms, etc.  Well, if someone wants a microchip, isn't that their personal freedom?  Seems the sword doesn't cut both ways for some.

I'd rather not, but if it makes life easier, I really don't care.

I was discussing it morphing into something mandated. Other than that I don't care if someone wants to do anything to themselves as long as it doesn't affect others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was discussing it morphing into something mandated. Other than that I don't care if someone wants to do anything to themselves as long as it doesn't affect others.

Agreed!  But not getting vaccinated does affect others.  Something the anti vaxxers don't seem to care about.  Or understand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will only allow one to be inserted a few inches below my waist and about 12 inches above my knees, i.e. when that part fails me, then I will call it technology, not this !

Friend of mine told me about this in the 90's, I thought he was a little over the top, but he was spot on, sadly he isn't with us anymore passing a couple of years after telling me of this, brilliant mind though.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I will only allow one to be inserted a few inches below my waist and about 12 inches above my knees, i.e. when that part fails me, then I will call it technology, not this !

Friend of mine told me about this in the 90's, I thought he he was a little over the top, but he was spot on, sadly he isn't with us anymore, brilliant mind though.

https://eufactcheck.eu/factcheck/true-microchips-are-getting-under-the-skin-of-thousands-in-sweden/

Microchips implanted into one’s body are supposed to make daily life convenient. They open a perspective to replace traditional keys, cards, IDs, and even train tickets with a microchip.

Despite how futuristic this information sounds in 2018 Business Insider published another article with attached video from AFP showing that state-owned SJ –national Swedish railway- started scanning hands of passengers with biometric chips to collect their train fare.

Interesting read.  Microchips are coming.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=bc54b943-9eb0-4900-898a-53ae94b762ce

According to BBC News, the interface’s short-term goal is to assist with or “cure” certain illnesses or disabilities by allowing the microchip to compensate for areas in which the brain cannot access memories or control motor functions. Neuralink contends such chips could eventually be used to help “cure” conditions such as dementia, Parkinson's disease, and spinal cord injuries. The interface could also allow people with or without neurological conditions to control doors, phones, or even computers with their mind.

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Interesting read.  Microchips are coming.

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=bc54b943-9eb0-4900-898a-53ae94b762ce

According to BBC News, the interface’s short-term goal is to assist with or “cure” certain illnesses or disabilities by allowing the microchip to compensate for areas in which the brain cannot access memories or control motor functions. Neuralink contends such chips could eventually be used to help “cure” conditions such as dementia, Parkinson's disease, and spinal cord injuries. The interface could also allow people with or without neurological conditions to control doors, phones, or even computers with their mind.

No one is suggesting that technology should not be used to help those that actually need it, but it's not warranted for the majority, IMO.

Everyday, I am more happy that I won't be around for the brave new world that is coming. ( Sarcasm alert for those that don't get the reference ).

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://eufactcheck.eu/factcheck/true-microchips-are-getting-under-the-skin-of-thousands-in-sweden/

Microchips implanted into one’s body are supposed to make daily life convenient. They open a perspective to replace traditional keys, cards, IDs, and even train tickets with a microchip.

Despite how futuristic this information sounds in 2018 Business Insider published another article with attached video from AFP showing that state-owned SJ –national Swedish railway- started scanning hands of passengers with biometric chips to collect their train fare.

I bet the Chinese government are wetting themselves over that technology. No need for facial surveillance any more, as people will be tracked easily with chips.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Agreed!  But not getting vaccinated does affect others.  Something the anti vaxxers don't seem to care about.  Or understand.

If both vaxxed and unvaxxed people can both pass the virus but the vaxxed person won't get seriously sick or die so then it only affects the person that doesn't want to get vaxxed passing it to another unvaxxed person.

Or at I missing something? Starting to become a chicken or egg scenario.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

If both vaxxed and unvaxxed people can both pass the virus but the vaxxed person won't get seriously sick or die so then it only affects the person that doesn't want to get vaxxed passing it to another unvaxxed person.

Those who are double or triple-jabbed have nothing to fear from the unvaccinated. Or, if they do, what's the point in the vaccinations? So, I would guess that those who worry about the unvaccinated are just showing empathy and concern about them infecting each other.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Yes. Totally missing something.

43 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

What is so hard to understand about probability? There's less of a chance that a vaxxed person will get sick or die but not no chance. And the bigger the reservoir is of potential covid hosts the more likely it is that others get infected.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Some vaccinated people do die or get seriously ill, they are just much less likely to than unvaccinated people.  Unvaccinated people have a greater chance of killing each other, as well as of killing vaccinated people.

Unvaccinated people also permit the unhindered replication of the virus in their own bodies, which generates countless mutations, which have the potential to become more virulent or more vaccine resistant strains, which then cause greater problems for vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.

It's clear that the Omicron variant originated in largely unvaccinated South Africa, for this reason. Omicron may not be as dangerous as is feared, but the more unvaccinated people there are, the more likely that a more serious strain will emerge and start the whole thing off again.

Edited by partington
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Puccini said:

In Thailand, forget about the Mo Prom app. Instead, get a microchip implanted. I wonder if this will get fashionable in Thailand.

Maybe if the chip is big enough and inserted in the right place....