Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

On 2/8/2024 at 2:03 PM, a269652 said:

"Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

do i need to return to CM or is there another office in central BKK that i can present to?

thx.

As said you have to use CW as that is your extension of stay office.  In the past there were options to use the business extension center and several shopping center foreign workers locations but that option was removed (but perhaps you have heard talk of them).

On 2/7/2024 at 7:41 AM, bamnutsak said:

I suspect that the approval system at CW may now be automated - my filing and approval occurred outside of normal office hours - at least for those with new/current matching TM30's recently filed.

Certainly not automated in my case. Submitted to CW last Monday afternoon, waited it out and it was approved today, this Monday afternoon. Noted that approval time was just two minutes shy of matching the submitted time from a week ago. Seven days. Just seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Submitted online yesterday. Rejected today with the reason, "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date."  But these were not incorrect. I've run out of time to try again as the deadline is tomorrow, so I'll go to Samut Prakan and do in person, and try to find out the real reason for rejection.

21 minutes ago, thaitanic said:

Submitted online yesterday. Rejected today with the reason, "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date."  But these were not incorrect. I've run out of time to try again as the deadline is tomorrow, so I'll go to Samut Prakan and do in person, and try to find out the real reason for rejection.

The report I do for a friend, I had similar probs early on, entry date, was way back in 2009, be sure you haven't been out of the country at some time, can't remember exactly, but I think the visa expiration date was the date you must do your next 90 day report, the date on the slip in your passport, I could be wrong, but I think those are the dates I put in for the OK...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thaitanic said:

Have you been out of the country since your last report?

I had the same rejection 2 weeks ago but from Chang Wattana, the reason i had left the country and returned in November, the system does not pick up your return date, had to do in person, said next time can do online, but if you go abroad then you will have to do the report in person

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, howerde said:

Have you been out of the country since your last report?

I had the same rejection 2 weeks ago but from Chang Wattana, the reason i had left the country and returned in November, the system does not pick up your return date, had to do in person, said next time can do online, but if you go abroad then you will have to do the report in person

Thanks @howerdw and @transam. I did leave the country since my last report, and returned in November. I do recall a similar issue that affected me in 2021 (with a different rejection message), but hoped it was fixed by now, or at least the rejection message corrected to make sense. And I did make the same trip overseas last year and was able to submit my first 90-day report afterwards successfully online 🤷‍♂️. Anyway, I'll go in person tomorrow. Cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello,

I entered  Thailand on january 10th after a short trip to Laos and had my extension of stay renewed on january 17th. 

Last year they gave me a paper stating my 90 days report started on the day of renewal.

No paper  this time.

Does the 90 days count start on januray 10th or 17th ?

Thanks

On 2/15/2024 at 5:20 PM, thaitanic said:

So I went to Samut Prakan immigration today and spoke to 2 different officials. They said that the reason that my report was rejected with the reason "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date." was not in fact for those reasons but because I had left it too late (2 days before 90-day deadline). They also said it was nothing to do with it being my first report after leaving the country. The first official, who had loads of stripes down her arms, said submitting a 90 day report online must be done exactly 15 days before the 90-day deadline, no sooner, no later, even if that's a weekend. The second official was a bit more relaxed about the exact day but said that the system is not working well and is automatically rejecting lots of applications. He said the sooner you do it before the deadline (up to 15 days before), the better. He said next time, if it gets rejected, call him on 0631871178 to see if he can get it approved without me having to go there in person. I guess that's a Samut Prakan number so probably no use calling it if you're in another province.

11 hours ago, thaitanic said:

So I went to Samut Prakan immigration today and spoke to 2 different officials. They said that the reason that my report was rejected with the reason "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date." was not in fact for those reasons but because I had left it too late (2 days before 90-day deadline). They also said it was nothing to do with it being my first report after leaving the country. The first official, who had loads of stripes down her arms, said submitting a 90 day report online must be done exactly 15 days before the 90-day deadline, no sooner, no later, even if that's a weekend. The second official was a bit more relaxed about the exact day but said that the system is not working well and is automatically rejecting lots of applications. He said the sooner you do it before the deadline (up to 15 days before), the better. He said next time, if it gets rejected, call him on 0631871178 to see if he can get it approved without me having to go there in person. I guess that's a Samut Prakan number so probably no use calling it if you're in another province.

Another example of an IO making the rules up as they go along.

11 hours ago, thaitanic said:

What ??

I have found if I do mine 15 days before it often doesn’t go through, 14 days up to the due date no problem.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, thaitanic said:

a 90 day report online must be done exactly 15 days before the 90-day deadline

Doing this in Bangkok will result in an automatic rejection.

Samut Prakan Immigration clearly have decided to follow their own path.

On 2/15/2024 at 5:54 PM, howerde said:

if you go abroad then you will have to do the report in person

This is definitely not the case at Bangkok Immigration. I have done online after returning from abroad. 

It might be the official means if you are entering on a new visa. But if entering on a visa extension, and very probably entering on a multiple entry visa, then it'll get accepted by the system. The system on this issue is linked at Bangkok Immigration.

33 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

This is definitely not the case at Bangkok Immigration. I have done online after returning from abroad. 

It might be the official means if you are entering on a new visa. But if entering on a visa extension, and very probably entering on a multiple entry visa, then it'll get accepted by the system. The system on this issue is linked at Bangkok Immigration.

No i was at Chang Wattana on Monday after 2 failed attempts  to do the online report, both times came back saying entry date was wrong, i entered Thailand on the same passport and visa, at CW i was told the system does not pick up the new entry date (well it did not for me, i was told that if i left the country again then the first report after returning would have to be done in person, if it works for you good, but as we all know nothing is guaranteed

57 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Excellent system, received email notification the other day it was due in 14 days, submitted immediately and came back approved in a couple of hours. 

Not for all, unfortunately...............:coffee1:

• Agree 2

Immigration Division 1:

Same address for the last 10 years.  Haven't stayed at any hotels or left the country in the last 90 days.  

How gosh darn hard would it be to tell me why it is rejected? 

I mean a simple prewritten explanation would take a moment to cut and paste or use a shortcut key. 

Dang blang it...... 

Dear .......,

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately.

Full Name :  

Passport No :  

Nationality :  

Kind regards.

Edited by ricklev
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, kinyara said:

Excellent system, received email notification the other day it was due in 14 days, submitted immediately and came back approved in a couple of hours. 

Like most things in Thailand, when they work as expected they're "excellent".

When they don't, they're not.

Trouble-shooting 90 day report rejections can be challenging.

Currently, a mismatch between TM30 and TM47 data may be the leading cause.

16 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Same address for the last 10 years.  Haven't stayed at any hotels or left the country in the last 90 days.

Office is CW?

Have you successfully used this system before? If so, you used the magnifying glass option to enter data previously submitted?

What is you TM30 status?

I might file a new TM 30, then try the TM47.

16 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Like most things in Thailand, when they work as expected they're "excellent".

When they don't, they're not.

Trouble-shooting 90 day report rejections can be challenging.

Currently, a mismatch between TM30 and TM47 data may be the leading cause.

Office is CW?

Have you successfully used this system before? If so, you used the magnifying glass option to enter data previously submitted?

What is you TM30 status?

I might file a new TM 30, then try the TM47.

Of course!  I know exactly how to file and there has been no change since my last filing.   I wonder if the men and woman who have the horrible job of sitting in front of their computer all day everyday and accepting and rejecting applications have a written or unwritten quota of rejections required.  

Actually, my suspicion is that it is somehow related to the February having 29 days this year and causing some computer glitch.

Edited by ricklev
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Of course!  I know exactly how to file and there has been no change since my last filing.   I wonder if the men and woman who have the horrible job of sitting in front of their computer all day everyday and accepting and rejecting applications have a written or unwritten quota of rejections required.  

Are you in the newer TM30 system?
And if you have time, try again. I once got an approval on the 4th submission, with the same details as the first one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhaoNiaw said:

Are you in the newer TM30 system?
And if you have time, try again. I once got an approval on the 4th submission, with the same details as the first one. 

I did immediately resubmit.  I have had the same experience as you. Accepted on my 3rd submission on occasion.  

6 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yeap...I expect zero maintenance is occurring....they probably just wanted to shut it completely down during the Makha Bucha Holiday period even though 23 Feb/Friday is the day before the holiday period begins....expect some govt agencies got a head start on the holiday which runs thru 26 Feb/Monday.  With the reporting system shutdown immigration officers will not have a big backlog of reports to start reviewing the morning of 27 Feb/Tuesday.  See it's a workload reducer at the customer's expense.

They sent me an auto reminder email yesterday asking me to do the report, at least they have a sense of humour.

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2024 at 6:23 PM, thaitanic said:

I went to Samut Prakan immigration today and spoke to 2 different officials. They said that the reason that my report was rejected with the reason "Incorrect entry date upon entry into the kingdom/ Incorrect visa expiration date." was not in fact for those reasons but because I had left it too late (2 days before 90-day deadline). They also said it was nothing to do with it being my first report after leaving the country. The first official, who had loads of stripes down her arms, said submitting a 90 day report online must be done exactly 15 days before the 90-day deadline, no sooner, no later, even if that's a weekend. The second official was a bit more relaxed about the exact day but said that the system is not working well and is automatically rejecting lots of applications. He said the sooner you do it before the deadline (up to 15 days before), the better.

I'm in the same situation as you except I'm in BKK, and I submitted exactly 15 days before the deadline. It was rejected the following morning, so I submitted again in case I had a typo in the visa expiry date (not included in the confirmation PDF they provide), but again rejected the following morning. Anyway, I just wanted to share another data point of exactly 15 days early, even if from BKK.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:23 PM, thaitanic said:

The Thai immigration website says 15 days before to 7 days after, SP have also been reported to insisting on 3 months money in Bank before extension renewal when the actual time is 2 months. People have no problem abiding by the rules, all too often it's the IO's who don't.

• Agree 1