Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

58 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

The Barrow sent a tweet about 6 hours ago from CW saying he was attending the 90 day report press conference. Not a word out of him since!

He's now reported the press conference was just immigration encouraging people to use the on-line system.  He asked a few questions you can see in his report.

26 minutes ago, treetops said:

He's now reported the press conference was just immigration encouraging people to use the on-line system.  He asked a few questions you can see in his report.

Yea...I just looked at the Bangkok Post article released this afternoon/22 Jan regarding the 90 day reporting system....it kinda makes it sound like it's a "major update" but when I logged on it the same-old, same-old system that's been in-place for the last couple of years.   Of course the Bangkok Post writer(s) probably didn't really have a clue what they were writing about.....just filling their daily writing quota to get paid.    

Yeap, same system as before....immigration just trying to advertise its use.

27 minutes ago, treetops said:

He's now reported the press conference was just immigration encouraging people to use the on-line system. 

I'm not sure if he is paraphrasing an immigration police officer or whether he is decided to editorialize in his Twitter comment, but we know that the claim you need to go to immigration only for the first time, is not true. With a new passport it also appears to be a requirement to turn up.

As to his last paragraph that "it is getting better", that is simply not true. 15 years ago, this requirement was in place but was not enforced. That was the best of times. Since it has been enforced, the improvements have been painfully slow, and from a very low baseline.

Screenshot_20240122_171539_X.thumb.jpg.6477536c7452cff69a50ba70bed20838.jpg

26 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

I'm not sure if he is paraphrasing an immigration police officer or whether he is decided to editorialize in his Twitter comment, but we know that the claim you need to go to immigration only for the first time, is not true. With a new passport it also appears to be a requirement to turn up.

As to his last paragraph that "it is getting better", that is simply not true. 15 years ago, this requirement was in place but was not enforced. That was the best of times. Since it has been enforced, the improvements have been painfully slow, and from a very low baseline.

Screenshot_20240122_171539_X.thumb.jpg.6477536c7452cff69a50ba70bed20838.jpg

I have just renewed my UK passport. Does this mean I can do the next 90 day as usual ONLINE?

36 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

I know of two people in the past month who renewed their passports and succesfully reported their 90 days on-line.  One UK passport and one USA, both approvals from Jomtien immigration.

7 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I have just renewed my UK passport. Does this mean I can do the next 90 day as usual ONLINE?

Yes, assuming your office allows this. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lelapin said:

Does this mean I can do the next 90 day as usual ONLINE?

Well... I applied on the 15th with a fresh passport and it is still pending. From my years of experience, this is highly unusual. I applied to Bangkok Immigration.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Well... I applied on the 15th with a fresh passport and it is still pending. From my years of experience, this is highly unusual. I applied to Bangkok Immigration.

I would be very interested to know the outcome of this and whether you eventually have to visit the immigration office

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been trying to report online for the past year, but I have always been rejected with the phrase "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person as soon as possible", without no reason.

In CW nobody is able to give me a reason why I can't report online.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

CW seems to be back on track. Submitted Friday evening, approved Monday morning. 

Sadly not in all cases.  Submitted 15 January, still pending as of 23rd :(  Seems very patchy still, time before last approval took 17 days!  Last time, 4 IIRC.  This time 8 and still waiting.

Edited by SooKee
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/23/2024 at 7:48 AM, SooKee said:

Sadly not in all cases.  Submitted 15 January, still pending as of 23rd :(  Seems very patchy still, time before last approval took 17 days!  Last time, 4 IIRC.  This time 8 and still waiting.

Approved now.  Took 9 days.

3 hours ago, Gaccha said:

They just rejected my application. So their all-new-yet-nothing-new system turns out to be a dud for Bangkok. 

Their incompetence grates more now that they've just publicised how amazing it now is.

You have a new Passport, first 90 day Report must be done in person.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, UWEB said:

You have a new Passport, first 90 day Report must be done in person.

Have you read the others on this thread? They report that they did not have to do it in person when they got a new passport. However, they were dealing with Jomtien immigration.

Also, in the greatly publicised immigration police event of yesterday, Our Man in Siam, the learned Richard Barrow, states (see my lengthy quote of his earlier) the only reason to attend in person is for the very first time after arrival on the current visa.

In this thread, I expressed my doubts, having previously experienced the need to turn up in person when I obtained a new passport. So it seemed a possibility that the rules had changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

In this thread, I expressed my doubts, having previously experienced the need to turn up in person when I obtained a new passport. So it seemed a possibility that the rules had changed.

How long ago did you transfer the extension of stay into the new passport?

14 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

How long ago did you transfer the extension of stay into the new passport?

Very shortly after my last 90 days, I obtained the new passport, and then went straight to Immigration. I deliberately gave them plenty of time.

[News for @lelapin and other Bangkok dwellers]

I can now confirm that the 90 days report must be done in person at Chengwattana when a new passport is used, even if you've had all the information shifted onto the new passport at Chengwattana. The Immigration Police Officer insisted the systems (i.e. notification system and the formal transfer of visa and extensions onto new passport) were not linked, at least in Bangkok, and it was impossible to do it online.

I am very aware that at other immigration offices it is possible to do online.

(I have used the online ever since it first began. The only time I had to attend previously was when the whole system collapsed, such as that period during COVID)

• Like 1

I had recently renewed my passport, AND received a new 1-year extension, so was a little surprised when I was sent an on-line reminder to next renew the 90-day report.. I decided to try, and as expected it was rejected when I submitted...

Unexpectedly though, it was subsequently approved (albeit with the old PP number)...

But I decided to go to my local Imm office (Rayong) who said I needn't have bothered since the 90d report was fine (..??). They did print me a new receipt with the new PP number, although with the same "next due" date as before, and assured me they'd updated their system to allow me to be able to use the online system with the new PP next time...  We will see...!

On 1/29/2024 at 3:22 PM, Gaccha said:

[News for @lelapin and other Bangkok dwellers]

I can now confirm that the 90 days report must be done in person at Chengwattana when a new passport is used, even if you've had all the information shifted onto the new passport at Chengwattana. The Immigration Police Officer insisted the systems (i.e. notification system and the formal transfer of visa and extensions onto new passport) were not linked, at least in Bangkok, and it was impossible to do it online.

I am very aware that at other immigration offices it is possible to do online.

(I have used the online ever since it first began. The only time I had to attend previously was when the whole system collapsed, such as that period during COVID)

I mailed in the 90 day to Chaengwattana, after renewing my passport and moving my visa/extension to my new passport.  I was fully prepared to pay the 2,000 baht fine next time I renewed  my visa as after spending a full day doing the passport transfer I couldn't bear the thought of another Chaengwattana experience . All hope was lost but 5 weeks later or so I received the approval in my mailbox. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Had no problems doing my 90 day report online for the past4 years, then last November (2023) it was rejected and said to go to nearest immigration office Khon Kaen immigration office could not tell me why it was rejected. Yesterday my 90 day online was once again rejected, this time it said wrong data. I have been using the same data for the past 4 years.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bprinceuk said:

Had no problems doing my 90 day report online for the past4 years, then last November (2023) it was rejected and said to go to nearest immigration office Khon Kaen immigration office could not tell me why it was rejected. Yesterday my 90 day online was once again rejected, this time it said wrong data. I have been using the same data for the past 4 years.

Did you leave and re-enter Thailand recently or checked into a hotel recently ? that can throw off the data.....

• Thumbs Up 1

A new record for me...just about five hours and forty-five minutes.

CW

Apply Date: 07/02/2024 01:17:18

Approved Date:  07/02/2024 06:56:50

I suspect that the approval system at CW may now be automated - my filing and approval occurred outside of normal office hours - at least for those with new/current matching TM30's recently filed.

Today 7/2/2024 travelled to Chaeng Wattana to file 90 day report (online attempt rejected)
Was asked for my TM 47 and was  told that I needed to refile TM 47 in the new system as mine was done in old system.  I own my condo ie.  I am both owner and "occupier.  Furthermore was told I needed to update TM 47 every year. 
Is this a new requirement for filing 90 day reports?

9 minutes ago, waterskier said:

Today 7/2/2024 travelled to Chaeng Wattana to file 90 day report (online attempt rejected)
Was asked for my TM 47 and was  told that I needed to refile TM 47 in the new system as mine was done in old system.  I own my condo ie.  I am both owner and "occupier.  Furthermore was told I needed to update TM 47 every year. 

TM47 is the 90 day report - was that TM30 by chance?  Have not heard of any such requirement for home owners to update every year but perhaps because you are owner and occupier.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

TM47 is the 90 day report - was that TM30 by chance?  Have not heard of any such requirement for home owners to update every year but perhaps because you are owner and occupier.

I am also owner and occupier. I did my 90 days report online about 1 month ago without any problem as usual. My last TM30 was years ago.

1 hour ago, waterskier said:

I assume you mean TM30, late last year they did change the system and everyone was supposed to register TM30 on the new system, there was no automatic roll over,

Found this courtesy of soi3eddie

I just received the email below for those here who do our own online TM30 reports. I guess we should all receive this notice, however in case not, the details follow. Stupidly it requires new registration but is seems easier than previously - for new registration go to: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30Th/index.html Would be nice if they have updated the submission pages so that they will work with all web browsers - time will tell.

เรื่อง / Subject: ช่องทางการแจ้งที่พักอาศัย(ตม.30) / Notification of residence for foreigners (TM.30)

We are pleased to inform you that with effect from 15 September 2023, the website address (URL) will be changed as follows.

However, you will need to register again at our new website.

For clients who have saved our website as a “Favorite” or “Bookmark”, please update the settings.

URL

Previous URL: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

New URL: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login

Edited by howerde

extended my 12-month visa at CW, bangkok for the umpteenth time last december. used the 90-day online yesterday, as usual.

application rejected! an email informs me to ...

"Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

do i need to return to CM or is there another office in central BKK that i can present to?

thx.