Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

17 hours ago, Pib said:

An example of CW good days; but don't worry they have went thru cycles of having bad days where it took weeks to get an approval (or rejection).

Having a 2 week wait last time this is indeed a huge improvement as I applied online to Bangkok (CW) at 0940 yesterday and approved message received at 1043 today.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Having a 2 week wait last time this is indeed a huge improvement as I applied online to Bangkok (CW) at 0940 yesterday and approved message received at 1043 today.

Applied at 10am, approved at 14.30 via Phitsanulok. Good service.

16 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

So you think that doing my 90 day report online from home in less than 5 minutes at any time of the day rather than a 170 km round trip to my immigration office to do an in-person report during immigration office hours, is more convenient for immigration than it is for me? Perhaps you could explain your logic in arriving at that conclusion?

I merely said the system is designed for the convenience of Immigration, rather than my convenience or yours. I stand by my statement. NOTHING is done by Immigration to enhance OUR convenience. They simply don't care.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

The system is not for OUR convenience but for THEIRS. Nearly as useless as American and British Embassies.

The British Government as a whole, not just the Embassy here, is infinitely more useless IMHO. Take those incompetent clowns in His Majesty's Passport Office, for instance. While they have made an online system for the renewal of British passports available (and, indeed, are openly encouraging its use in the UK), they steadfastly refuse to allow us Brits renewing our passports from Thailand to use it for some ridiculous reason. Indeed, even snail mail technology dating back nearly 200 years is considered far too advanced in their eyes, meaning that we are forced to make 2 extremely time-consuming and awkward trips in person (or have an agent make these trips on our behalf at an additional cost of 5,000 THB) to a rundown office building with an extremely silly name located somewhere or other in deepest darkest Bangkok (or its Chiang Mai equivalent), firstly to submit paper applications completed in our neatest handwriting and secondly to collect our new passports a few weeks later!

Contrast this with the 90-day online system through which I, like @Mutt Daeng, was able to submit my latest 90-day report from the comfort of my home in under 5 minutes. On this basis, I am supremely confident that the effort which I will need to expend on submitting 90-day reports over the 10-year lifespan of my current passport will still prove to be infinitely less than that which I will need to expend on renewing my passport next in 2032, should the existing horrendously cumbersome and bureacratic procedures inflicted on us by His Majesty's Passport Office still be around then.

Edited by OJAS
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

The British Government as a whole, not just the Embassy here, is infinitely more useless IMHO. Take those incompetent clowns in His Majesty's Passport Office, for instance. While they have made an online system for the renewal of British passports available (and, indeed, are openly encouraging its use in the UK), they steadfastly refuse to allow us Brits renewing our passports from Thailand to use it for some ridiculous reason. Indeed, even snail mail technology dating back nearly 200 years is considered far too advanced in their eyes, meaning that we are forced to make 2 extremely time-consuming and awkward trips in person (or have an agent make these trips on our behalf at an additional cost of 5,000 THB) to a rundown office building with an extremely silly name located somewhere or other in deepest darkest Bangkok (or its Chiang Mai equivalent), firstly to submit paper applications completed in our neatest handwriting and secondly to collect our new passports a few weeks later!

Contrast this with the 90-day online system through which I, like @Mutt Daeng, was able to submit my latest 90-day report from the comfort of my home in under 5 minutes. On this basis, I am supremely confident that the effort which I will need to expend on submitting 90-day reports over the 10-year lifespan of my current passport will still prove to be infinitely less than that which I will need to expend on renewing my passport next in 2032, should the existing horrendously cumbersome and bureacratic procedures inflicted on us by His Majesty's Passport Office still be around then.

I have no problems with the British government, I only know that the British Embassy decided that they would no longer issue Statutory Declarations of Income and the American Embassy decided to follow suit. This has created a myriad of problems for British and American expats who live in Thailand.. Many other countries see no problem in verifying income for their expats.

• Agree 2

I was rejected this morning. I don't know why, as I entered everything correctly, as I have 10 times before.

I did go out of the country and returned 85 days ago. 5 days until my 90 day is up.

Nothing has changed except I flew to VN and back..and yes, I have a re-entry permit.

Is there any way to find out without making that 5 hours trip??

Thanks for helpful replies. 

I've got a new passport. Does anyone know if the online system at CW will accept it, or for a new passport do they require a walk-in? (I'm not looking for speculation)

Just to be clear, I have already visited CW to move my visa and visa extension over into the new passport. They have the number somewhere on their records.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

I was rejected this morning. I don't know why, as I entered everything correctly, as I have 10 times before.

I did go out of the country and returned 85 days ago. 5 days until my 90 day is up.

Nothing has changed except I flew to VN and back..and yes, I have a re-entry permit.

Is there any way to find out without making that 5 hours trip??

Thanks for helpful replies. 

Do you need to do another TM 30 because you left the country ?

I know some Immi. offices require it.

I have left and came back several times before. I have lived in the same place 5 years. Never had to update before.

But, how do I check to see if this is the problem??

I can't get an appointment until the 22nd. 4 days late. I think that's ok..?

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

Reporting office?

I would register for the NEW TM30 system, and file a NEW TM30.

After that, you may be able to use the 90-Day reporting system successfully.

For the current report just go in person.

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

I can't get an appointment until the 22nd. 4 days late. I think that's ok..?

Does your reporting office require an appointment? Seems like you could go on Monday.

But yes, the grace period is seven calendar days so you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, Gaccha said:

I've got a new passport. Does anyone know if the online system at CW will accept it, or for a new passport do they require a walk-in? (I'm not looking for speculation)

Just to be clear, I have already visited CW to move my visa and visa extension over into the new passport. They have the number somewhere on their records.

Mine was rejected even after I transferred my visa extension to the new passport. Instead of going to Chaengwattana I mailed it in after the rejection but a few days past the due date for mail submission and 6 weeks later received the receipt with my next reporting date. And the next time it was accepted online. I was prepared to pay the 2000 baht fine but it all worked out. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ricklev said:

Mine was rejected even after I transferred my visa extension to the new passport.

You'd really think the counter which moves the extension over to your new passport would be able to stick your passport number onto the system for the other counters. 

It's interesting that it did work for a mail-in. I wonder if you had tried again via the electronic again whether it might have worked. It might have just been a coincidence. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

My 90-day report was due yesterday, 15th Jan.

I submitted it online last week, Thurs 11th. Immediately after I submitted it, I realised I'd put the incorrect address on it  :annoyed:

It was approved the following morning.  :clap2:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

My 90-day report was due yesterday, 15th Jan.

I submitted it online last week, Thurs 11th. Immediately after I submitted it, I realised I'd put the incorrect address on it  :annoyed:

It was approved the following morning.  :clap2:

But cellblock B and D look about the same with just a quick look.  :sorry:

image.png.9b2ac03a64c0cecadad20084e778fe69.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But cellblock B and D look about the same with just a quick look.  :sorry:

It was more than a B or D error.

Correct sub-district, district and Province, but totally incorrect house and soi numbers.

Just hope on my next visit they don't try and fine me for not submitting a new TM30  :1zgarz5:

On 1/15/2024 at 10:39 AM, Gaccha said:

I got a new passport and had the stamps transferred at CW. A senior officer told me emphatically that I could do the next 90 days online. Not true. It was rejected. I went in to CW to do it. 90 day queue in the afternoon (got ticket at 1.0 pm) was insanely long - not done until after 5.0.

On the plus side, Java sparrows now seem to be common on the grass verges along Chaeng Wattana Soi 7. Bizarrely, this is probably now the best place in the world to see this endangered species. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

On the plus side, Java sparrows now seem to be common on the grass verges along Chaeng Wattana Soi 7. Bizarrely, this is probably now the best place in the world to see this endangered species. 

Interesting. I often spot one or two in the morning on the wires at tollway level as you come down onto Paholyothin Road beyond Rangsit. Only ever in front of that very tall factory building on the left as the tollway starts to come down.

Received the reminder email from (Jomtien) Immigration on Monday morning that my 90 Day Report was due on 30th January, applied at 5:51AM  & received the approval email at 3:16PM.

Friend of mine's 90 Day was also due on 30th January, he did his 1st Online application on Saturday & it was approved at 3:30PM on Tuesday (also Jomtien IO). 

On 1/15/2024 at 10:01 PM, Gaccha said:

You'd really think the counter which moves the extension over to your new passport would be able to stick your passport number onto the system for the other counters. 

It's interesting that it did work for a mail-in. I wonder if you had tried again via the electronic again whether it might have worked. It might have just been a coincidence. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

In general at BKK CW, once you get a new passport, they want your next 90 day report to be IN PERSON. And then once you've done that, the future ones can then be done online again.

Last time around I had a new passport last year, I was first rejected for online. Then tried doing a mail-in, and got a response that wasn't acceptable, and was required to go to BKK CW in person.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In general at BKK CW, once you get a new passport, they want your next 90 day report to be IN PERSON. And then once you've done that, the future ones can then be done online again.

Last time around I had a new passport last year, I was first rejected for online. Then tried doing a mail-in, and got a response that wasn't acceptable, and was required to go to BKK CW in person.

This was my experience at Pattaya/Jomtien also.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

This was my experience at Pattaya/Jomtien also.

Two mates in the last couple of months have successfully submitted 90 day reports on-line and had them approved after receiving new passports.  Both in Jomtien.  One USA passport and one UK passport.

How long ago was your experience?

19 minutes ago, treetops said:

Two mates in the last couple of months have successfully submitted 90 day reports on-line and had them approved after receiving new passports.  Both in Jomtien.  One USA passport and one UK passport.

How long ago was your experience?

2019. Glad to hear there's been a change.

Edited by chickenslegs
wrong date

What on earth is this newspaper article talking about? Surely the 90 days has been available online for well over 6 or 7 years now.

(I've removed the newspaper's name and I've not made a link to it, just in case it's not allowed on this forum)

Screenshot_20240122_153657.thumb.jpg.40a840afef6ea26af504d56ea7061208.jpg

• Haha 1