Pattaya: Hundreds turn out in Walking Street to save 'world class resort' from a "Dry New Year"

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Hundreds of people turned out in Walking Street, South Pattaya, yesterday to press the Thai authorities to allow them to serve alcohol like in other Blue Zone areas.

Well they know how to vote next time a round.

• Like 1

walking street definitely dangerous for walking. with a crowd, very dangerous.

i do maybe 2 times a week in the morning. with the eyes down walking approach.

have landed on my face before thru not looking down. all over pattaya, not just walking street.

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

No way any amount of people can walk it safely.

Then, the total deterioration of the business fronts, wiring, dug up streets/sidewalks, and exposed interiors is horrific.
It truly looks like a major slum area rats running around and places unkempt everywhere.

Welcome to New Normal Thailand - Pattaya Edition.

They had two years to work on making Thailand a World Class Tourism destination for the wealthy and well-heeled.
And this is all that they have accomplished.  <laughs>
I hear all those private Gulfstream jets warming their engines to depart for Thailand Dubai or Singapore.  Well, unless the well-heeled are up for slumming. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wombat said:

TiT...Screenshot_20211203-171722_Messenger.jpg

Yes I found the backdrop funny as well - the newest sign on the whole street though. 

The old slang from the 60's and 70's was all about weed getting you high. 

Yet here in LOS, only leaves with no THC allowed, simply give you a bit of fiber and zero high

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just my opinion, what are they going to do if everyone just open up!  There isn't enough manpower to stop it from happening the reason the boys in BIB and the government leaders will be too <deleted> face themselves to know what to do? Lets party open and have a blast but of course wear a mask!????

22 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Just my opinion, what are they going to do if everyone just open up!  There isn't enough manpower to stop it from happening the reason the boys in BIB and the government leaders will be too <deleted> face themselves to know what to do? Lets party open and have a blast but of course wear a mask!????

Good idea.  You open your bar first.  ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Longreach said:

walking street definitely dangerous for walking. with a crowd, very dangerous.

i do maybe 2 times a week in the morning. with the eyes down walking approach.

have landed on my face before thru not looking down. all over pattaya, not just walking street.

Landing on my face.....good old days.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

the entire street has loose tiles everywhere I was lucky not to twist an ankle.  No way any amount of people can walk it safely.

Then, the total deterioration of the business fronts, wiring, dug up streets/sidewalks, and exposed interiors is horrific.

It truly looks like a major slum area rats running around and places unkempt everywhere.

But they still dream of attracting the rich and wealthy foreigners with this ... These people have no clue .

The big spenders do not like something that looks like a dirty slum to spend their money there ...

Thai reality seems to be different . 55

Time for the responsible persons in the government to become realistic and finally wake up .

But will that happen ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pacificron said:

I cycle through walking st on my morning run. It's a complete sh*thole . All the way round past Bali high pier to the ruins that were the  waterfront condo project. It all needs levelling. 

A new tourist attraction, 'Come and see the ruins of ancient Pattaya'

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Bring in the water cannons probably.

18 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I had not been down there for about a month, but today I walked WS.

I have no idea how they can open anything there without time and some major work.

First, the entire street has loose tiles everywhere I was lucky not to twist an ankle.  No way any amount of people can walk it safely.

Several months at the minimum if they wanted to open it safely with some semblance of appeal.

So, these people seemed to have cared less about their businesses and the environment over time.

Yes, it has been difficult but some minimal upkeep or organized care you would think should have been in order.

The entire place is a shameful disaster good luck now, they think they can open up these places to who and for what?

All the right hand side is going to be knocked down .. so for 'walking street, read 'building site' ... It's all over ..glory days are well gone 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RmcaIssan said:

All the right hand side is going to be knocked down .. so for 'walking street, read 'building site' ... It's all over ..glory days are well gone 

People have been saying that for about as long as they've been saying Nana Plaza will be turned into a mall or carpark! ????

• Like 2