Got covid but Exempt VISA is expiring

hi, Am malaysian. I got infected of covid on 29th where my flight was booked on dec1. My PCR test came out with Positive. I am in Thailand Private Hospital now for treatment but thank god, no symptons. Luckily i am fully vaccinated.

I need some thoughts and help:

1. My entry into Thailand via visa exempt From Malaysia which dues to expire on Dec 7. The Hospital will provide me the letter of my stay in Hospital.

Question:

a. do i have to apply for extension of stays due to the treatment?

b. There is a requirement of 10days hospital and 4 days home quarantine, what is the automatic allowance once a person is infected with covid?

2. i went through the Thailand immigration website, they need TM7 form to be submitted by the applicant. how can i leave the hospital to submit myself ?

the automatic extension of 14days once infected by covid still valid ? what if i didnt apply (i have no idea how to do it too) and i departure upon i am clear from quarantine, will be any problem in immigration at bangkok airport?

thanks

a friend of mine was at bumrungrad a few yrs ago and they helped him extend his visa.  he didn't leave the hospital.  maybe your hospital has a similar service.  you could extend your visa exempt entry for 30 days to give you more time to recover and re-book your return flight.

this is a link to show that bumrungrad does offer a service to patients.  i assume other private hospitals may offer it as well.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/patient-services/business-center

The hospital could do a application for you at immigration for a extension based upon medical care. Ask them about it.

Just a letter would not allow you stay longer than your current 30 day entry.

You can also apply for a 30 day extension at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

• Like 2

I think the hospital will be able to contact immigration to get this sorted for you shouldn’t be a problem.

Had suggested self isolating instead of taking a test but just reread your post that you needed the test to take the flight. Would be much better if we could all self isolate instead of hospitalization.

Hope you can get out of there soon good luck.

Edited by bear9
  • Haha 1