'Do your own research / I do my own research' has become code for conspiracy theory followers

Jingthing

Well I'm just taking a quick coffee break, and a fast scan through the posts seems to confirm that there is indeed an internet-borne mental virus that impedes communication 555.

Am I the only person to have attempted a diagnosis (apart from Jing whose initial diagnosis I don't entirely agree with, for the reasons given earlier)?

Coffee-break over. Have fun.

15 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

can you safely said that Bill Gates is not the devil work? ????

do you have insider information we don't? ????

you don't know period, so both statements are empty. The correct answer is "I don't know if Bill Gates is the devil or not"

At some point the preponderance of evidence allows "most" of us to accept that we "know" something.

Absolutes are usually unworkable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

I can't answer for what parents think they saw or heard, but it wasn't CRT.  It's not taught and it's not used in schools.  Is any part of CRT used in teaching?  Not as a part of any curriculum in the US, its not.  

CRT is a theory that looks at the basis for systemic racism in the law. 

From that article in the Guardian.  Right wing nuts are bastardizing it to rile up the masses.

A year or so ago few people had heard of it, yet Republicans have whipped up a moral panic that CRT is being rammed down the throats of schoolchildren. They caricature it as teaching Black children to internalise victimhood and white children to self-identify as oppressors.

Is it taught in schools?

No, it is not a part of the secondary school curriculum.

But Rupert Murdoch’s Fox News and other rightwing media have turned it into a catch-all buzzword for any teaching in schools about race and American history.

Patti Hidalgo Menders, president of the Loudoun County Republican Women’s Club in Virginia, told the Guardian last week: “They may not call it critical race theory, but they’re calling it equity, diversity, inclusion. They use culturally responsive training for their teachers. It is fundamentally CRT.

“It’s dividing our children into victims and oppressors and what’s a child supposed to do with that?”

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

One of my favorites is the new trend of spending a lot of money to buy and eat dirt from a certain place in Canada to ward off Covid. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/magic-dirt-internet-fueled-defeated-pandemics-weirdest-mlm-rcna6950

I was just with a Russian friend.  They honestly believe a lot of vodka will kill the virus.  Seriously believe this! LOL

3 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

You make it sound as if getting vaccinated prevents transmission and gives you immunity, it doesn't wake up!

It does go a LONG way towards that goal. I guess since you are new that you haven't seen the dozens of posts and links which prove that?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

You make it sound as if getting vaccinated prevents transmission and gives you immunity, it doesn't wake up!

True.  It only reduces transmission SIGNIFICANTLY and helps prevent you from going to the hospital or dying by at least 10x over those who are unvaccinated. Wake up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

'Good' people don't accumulate vast amounts of money.

'Good' people don't want to control the world.

This is a truth the everyone in the world must recognise.

But is someone finds themselves in the fortunate position to be able to accumulate vast amounts of money, and simply capitalises on it, does that make them bad?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

Can you please provide me with longitudinal field data ie 1,2,5,10 yrs as with all vaccines? Oh I forgot there is none whatsoever, your source of information is entirely based on MSM

You're posting unintelligible garbage in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence that vaccines are very effective in preventing infection and transmission.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/mounting-evidence-suggests-covid-vaccines-do-reduc

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

Can you please provide me with longitudinal field data ie 1,2,5,10 yrs as with all vaccines? Oh I forgot there is none whatsoever, your source of information is entirely based on MSM

What's wrong with MSM?  The NY Times is a great media outlet.  Which one do you like best?  This should be interesting....

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, as I said , people will now need to get regular injections to be able to function in  life or sit at home waiting for the next food panda delivery , food panda deliverers that deliver to unvaccinated people, that is 

Please no. Are you really implying that food panda will want proof of vaccination to deliver, or an individual driver will turn up at someone's home and say "show me the papers". Actually they do, 150 baht please 555

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Your posting unintelligible garbage in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence that vaccines are very effective in preventing infection and transmission.

Not unintelligible at all my friend. Just stating facts that there is no longitudinal data whatsoever, that is fact.

It's also fact that is does not stop transmission or give you immunity.

Please provide this evidence you have that it 'reduces' transmission? It's not possible to make that judgement without longitudinal field data.

I see you have to result to insulting people, speaks volumes of your character my friend. I'm just putting out facts. A snake oil merchant will tell you anything to make you buy his medicine, and I pity people who believe anything their told without justification- 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Up to them.  If they refuse to do the right thing, the intelligent thing, then it's their problem.  Very, very, very few reasons not to get vaccinated.  Sadly, it's going to become the new normal.  But it will be just like the seasonal flu jab, that some 1.5 billion get every year.  Boggles my mind why some are so against this.

At least that tells me you're vaccinated, not much more than that though.

Not unintelligible at all my friend. Just stating facts that there is no longitudinal data whatsoever, that is fact.

Please provide this evidence you have that it 'reduces' transmission? It's not possible to make that judgement without longitudinal field data.

I see you have to result to insulting people, speaks volumes of your character my friend. I'm just putting out facts. A snake oil merchant will tell you anything to make you buy his medicine, and I pity people who believe anything their told without justification- 

How is longitudinal data either important or relevant to prove that the vaccines are working. Now you are just spreading lies, willfully and deliberately. You KNOW that vaccines GREATLY reduce infection and transmission but you attempt to deceive but not providing context. Disgusting. Snake oil is what you are peddling.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Khabib said:

Please no. Are you really implying that food panda will want proof of vaccination to deliver, or an individual driver will turn up at someone's home and say "show me the papers". Actually they do, 150 baht please 555

That is the direction that the World is heading in, the only question is about how far the measures will go 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

That's the rant of anti vaxxers and covid deniers.  "It doesn't stop transmission or give you immunity". 

It for sure reduces transmission and boosts your immunity.  No denying that.  Though some try...

1 minute ago, Marcomilton7 said:

Completely ignored the statement of longitudinal field data, changing the intent...have a great day mate

For good reasons ignored it.  Where do you get your information?  What's your main source?

Edited by Jeffr2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

What's wrong with MSM?  The NY Times is a great media outlet.  Which one do you like best?  This should be interesting....

Wasn't it a conspiracy theory when some did not believe what NYT reported 20 years ago that the Anthrax envelopes are originating from Iraq?  Beside the guaranteed "evidence" of Saddam's WMD there? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sad some don't do their own research using quality media outlets for education.  Instead, they live in their bubble of fake and misleading news.  Being fed propaganda that MSM outlets are fake news.

Oh no, there's that "do the own research" thing again. I think it's certainly a red flag 555

37 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I was just with a Russian friend.  They honestly believe a lot of vodka will kill the virus.  Seriously believe this! LOL

There is some logic if enough is consumed. After all, covid hand-wash is alcohol based. Mind you, the amount needed to combat covid will most likely result in death anyway, making the consumer very immune 55

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saanim said:

Wasn't it a conspiracy theory when some did not believe what NYT reported 20 years ago that the Anthrax envelopes are originating from Iraq?  Beside the guaranteed "evidence" of Saddam's WMD there? 

Wow...stretching it a bit there aren't we?  LOL  NY Times just reports the news, doesn't create it.  I seem to remember it was politicians who said there were WMD.  Not something created by the NYT. LOL.  Amazing stretch there...

• Thanks 1