Anti-vaxxers protest in Bangkok

webfact

27 minutes ago, blackprince said:

I gave the source of my quote. I would have quoted at length but Thai language is forbidden on this forum. If you can't be bothered to check it that's up to you.

I never made a claim, I stated a fact based on my experience of living here. A fact that is obviously corroborated, to say the very least,  not only by my quote but your post too!

I qualified in stats at Bachelor and Master's level. I have managed data science projects for leading management consultancies and household names for 30 years. There are many types of statistical metrics, I gave you a statistical metric.

You have misreperented my posts repeatedly over the last week, because you have an agenda that will not be changed by data.

I note you give me "likes" when what I say fits your agenda, and misrepesent my posts when what I say doesn't fit your agenda.

This was your claim:

"I know of 5 or 6 cases where people in Thailand have died within a few days of a sino vaccine"

There is no source there or link a vaccine misinformation post. However you can clearly see the links I supplied that are factual. As for your C.V. I did not ask for that and wont bother to ask you to verify it.

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 12/6/2021 at 5:10 PM, ukrules said:

Becoming infected with COVID and surviving it which is more common than a lot of people seem to appreciate does indeed leave you with a degree of immunity, because if it didn't you would not recover.

Nonsense.

Our bodies are teeming with bacteria and viruses that are endemic to our biology. Being infected with something doesn't mean it harms you.

Check out staph aureus which dwells in our noses as one common example. Certainly our immune system does not wage a continual antibody war with the E. Coli in our large intestine.

Many such 'infections' are helpful symbionts, particularly many in our gut, now referred to as our. microbiome.

On 12/8/2021 at 11:04 AM, Trvlr55 said:

"natural immunity" is actually a real thing, and acquired by contracting a virus. i.e. covid in this case. Studies have actually been done.

Roughly equivalent to getting covid shots. That many, not all, governments fail to recognize this is quite another matter.

https://www.rockefeller.edu/news/30919-natural-infection-versus-vaccination-differences-in-covid-antibody-responses-emerge/

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Waiver_Ed_Natural_Immunity_479884_7.pdf

Jesus wept, no one said it wasn't a real thing.  

Sure, in la-la land we can all just develop natural immunity to covid and everything will be hunky-dory. Let's forget about the millions it killed, or how if we let it run rampant it can mutate even more, or the strain on health services. 

And from one of your links. And from one study:

"The findings highlight an advantage bestowed by natural infection rather than vaccination, but the authors caution that the benefits of stronger memory B cells do not outweigh the risk of disability and death from COVID-19."

Edited by PremiumLane

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Sure it does, the war that's being waged keeps things balanced....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6104804/

Also from the study:

“While a natural infection may induce maturation of antibodies with broader activity than a vaccine does—a natural infection can also kill you,” says Michel C. Nussenzweig, the Zanvil A. Cohn and Ralph M. Steinman professor and head of Rockefeller’s Laboratory of Molecular Immunology. “A vaccine won’t do that and, in fact, protects against the risk of serious illness or death from infection.”

So, get the vaccine!!! 

16 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Jesus wept, no one said it wasn't a real thing.  

Sure, in la-la land we can all just develop natural immunity to covid and everything will be hunky-dory. Let's forget about the millions it killed, or how if we let it run rampant it can mutate even more, or the strain on health services. 

And from one of your links. And from one study:

"The findings highlight an advantage bestowed by natural infection rather than vaccination, but the authors caution that the benefits of stronger memory B cells do not outweigh the risk of disability and death from COVID-19."

it's not la la land. In fact Thailand recognizes previous infections, and then an alternative route to meet the vaccine requirements.

many countries do as well, Aruba, Costa Rica, Thailand to name a few; all airlines that I have checked have a similar policy i.e. requires a medical certificate stating when you were diagnosed with Covid.

There's lot of studies on this subject, none of them mention la la land anywhere. The effectiveness is not exactly the same, but then again, take the 6 or 8 widely used Covid vaccines, and their effectiveness are all completely different.

So they paid out on 464 deaths. However, if i remember correctly, it didn't HAVE to be proved a vaccination death, just a possible death (it is very hard to determine that a vaccination was actually a cause of death, as the actual cause could be non-vaccination related, just similar symptoms).

And then there is the fact that people die every day anyway. You have, on average, a 1 in 25,000 risk of death on any day. Vaccinate one million people and the next day 40 could die of non-vaccine related causes. And another 40 the day after, for however long you monitor them. Thousands have died post vaccination, but nearly all will be non-vaccine related. You would need to check excess mortality rates in vaccinated and non-vaccinated people to get any idea of any real danger from vaccination. And that difference might be too small to find.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:05 AM, Trvlr55 said:

it's not la la land. In fact Thailand recognizes previous infections, and then an alternative route to meet the vaccine requirements.

many countries do as well, Aruba, Costa Rica, Thailand to name a few; all airlines that I have checked have a similar policy i.e. requires a medical certificate stating when you were diagnosed with Covid.

There's lot of studies on this subject, none of them mention la la land anywhere. The effectiveness is not exactly the same, but then again, take the 6 or 8 widely used Covid vaccines, and their effectiveness are all completely different.

You literally make zero sense