Prime minister urges Thais to make more holiday trips in aid of economy

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Looks much the same as Pattaya

Still hotties walking around though.

Actually heading there Sunday for the week.

Fascinating seeing the place in steep decline.

I'll miss Soi 6 and various GoGo bars!

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

What the all-knowing Uncle Tu seems to omit is the fact that:
- Thais can share a double room among 10 
- some cooking is done on the carpets of the room
- they bring their own supply of Mama soup, the Somtam gun and the sticky rice for the entire trip

Those who could actually go on a vacation (by educational level) are short of cash since the country has been beaten almost to death over the last 18 months. 

Back to drawing board, Uncle Tu, and start planning on what kind of money you want to burn in the future, after submarines etc. Thailand will have a taxation stand-still for at least five years to come as those companies still in operation will be carrying forward losses you cant even dream about. And personal income tax = see above!

Good luck to all ???? 

This is unfortunately true. Uncle Tu has no idea how to run a country. Even as a super army general, he didn't have any medals from go to war. But when it comes to planning and forecasting future tax revenues, he has as much idea as a tiger needs toilet paper to poop. The economic trough is yet to come.

I think the next five years for reduced tax receipts are very realistic. At the same time, the debt will accumulate to over 100% of GDP. The country for the benefit of a few, totally hit into the wall.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The leadership position of a country is not a place for a PM to learn through trial and error. Fundamental knowledge of management, organization, understanding of national accounting, English as a foreign language, global information processing, communication skills, teamwork, analytical thinking and a vision are required. 

Kissing a frog doesn't help much.

Perhaps the children will listen to the illustrious leaders voice in some manner and go ahead and eat that candy and get the rush.  (go on a holiday)

The dental bill will come.  

I love Thailand, there is so much to see and do here. As long as they ease up on regulations a bit, and when traveling use some common sense. Keep your social distance, wear your mask when shopping or in a crowd of people, wash your hand often. These are not hard things to adhere to. I feel I need to say this again, Common Sense, use it.

Just now, Stoker58 said:

There’s no joy in domestic tourism while everyone is still wearing facenappies and obsessed with covid and vaccines. Let me know when it’s a real relaxed holiday experience again.

It is only a nappy on a face that looks like a bottom, and releases excrement now and again......

17 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I was going to multi-quote but when the number got to 20 it was just easier to comment.

Up here the number of people on holidays is crazy for this time of the year. The roads last weekend were like peak holiday times, bumper to bumper. Today was not as bad but still many more than usual for this time of year.

And guess what. We have people up here that need the tourists to survive and they are doing very well, thank you, with all of these holiday people. They have done it tough for over a year but now some good times are coming back thanks to domestic tourism.

We have Middle Class Thai Friends who are doing a fair bit of travel around the country but they go to all the parts where 'Old Friends' or Family live and so they don't need to spend money on Hotels and they don't eat out apart from the odd Food Court.  In turn their Friends and Families visit them and enjoy time together but on the cheap.   They are not poor or uncomfortable for money but don't chuck it around as they are fearful for the future as they know the country is in a bad way when it comes to the Economy and Mismanagement of the Junta generally.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

We have Middle Class Thai Friends who are doing a fair bit of travel around the country but they go to all the parts where 'Old Friends' or Family live and so they don't need to spend money on Hotels and they don't eat out apart from the odd Food Court.  In turn their Friends and Families visit them and enjoy time together but on the cheap.   They are not poor or uncomfortable for money but don't chuck it around as they are fearful for the future as they know the country is in a bad way when it comes to the Economy and Mismanagement of the Junta generally.

Hi-end resorts are doing fine up here. So many Thais with money and thankfully are spending it in our community. The Thai mid range restaurants are full over the weekend too. 7/11's very well attended by  the others.

The traffic does p##s me off though.