Prime minister urges Thais to make more holiday trips in aid of economy

Jonathan Fairfield

I'm sure there are many who can't afford to take holidays but those that can will at least keep some people in employment.

My wife still works so more holidays from work would help. I had planned to return for New Year so that we could take the whole family away whilst she and her sister and daughter had time off but unfortunately I'm not in a position to travel at the moment as I'm recovering from an operation. 

I'll just have to be patient but it would be great if she had more time off when I do get back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Shopping malls are still full of shoppers with shiny new toys, car sales are skyrocketing, upmarket restaurants and coffee shops are full of people, domestic terminals are full of travelers. Not everyone is broke in this country. And if those who have spend some, that could trickle down to those who don't have as well.

Well I would have to take issue with your comment that new car sales are skyrocketing. Anecdotally the sales people I know in the industry say they are suffering quite badly. I’m not sure what official car sales numbers are, but I’d be surprised if they are sky rocketing.

but I take your point that not all are broke and anyone with money can get things with some nice discounts.

10 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Shopping malls are still full of shoppers with shiny new toys, car sales are skyrocketing, upmarket restaurants and coffee shops are full of people, domestic terminals are full of travelers. Not everyone is broke in this country. And if those who have spend some, that could trickle down to those who don't have as well.

Ill give you that,especially car sales,witnessed guy signing up for new car in mall,could hardly put one foot in front of the other along with his fat(and poor) family.....no deposit no interest,red plated cars all over the place,all loaned money,yet no jobs.  Country is going broke on broke.....as for shopping,what day is this?

Edited by fredscats
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I’m not sure what official car sales numbers are, but I’d be surprised if they are sky rocketing.

Last I heard there was a new vehicle supply shortage caused by lack of the control chips that go into them! So is there an over supply or not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports projects that 100 million trips would have been made in Thailand by Thai nationals for the whole of 2021. The number of domestic trips has already reached 92 million at the end of November, and about 650 billion baht in tourism revenue was generated by these trips.

The ministry of tourism should just stay quiet instead of rolling out these constant ridiculous predictions and suspect  revenue figures.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phredd said:

Give all RTP 3 weeks Holiday Pay Bonus due to their excellent Policing Activities, however they must go away on Holidays and then the Public will save money by not being ripped off for 3 weeks. 

RTP in Pattaya have been on holiday for at least a year except for the occasional high-profile raid on a restaurant when funds run low.

• Haha 1