same day pcr testing in Bangkok

Mick60

US now requires 1 day pcr testing for international travel. Planning on traveling there in early January. Do any of you know where I can get tested and get the results the same day in Bangkok? Can't find anything online that guarantees same day results and certification. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

15 minute, 500 baht antigen test is acceptable for travel to and entry into the U.S

And it's not same day, it's within one day, so the day before is OK.

What day/time does your flight leave BKK?

Does the airline require a PCR test specifically?

What is your routing/airlines?

Seen these folks recommended, neighbors and friends have used them successfully: https://www.medconsultasia.com/

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

ATK test is 500 bt plus English certificate at Dr. Donna (Med Consult). Roughly 30 minutes.  

ATK test at Pulse Clinic, several around BKK, is 1500 bt (I think). Same roughly 30 minutes.

I go back to ATL 22 December 2:10am. So as previous poster said I have the 21 st to get my ATK

• Like 1

As mtls2005 says above, a rapid ATK test is also acceptable. My wife and I are flying to the US through Japan this coming Saturday. On Friday we will go to Petcharavej Hospital to do the ATK test. It's 300B and comes with a report in English or Thai. The hospital is right off the train line from Suvarnabhumi airport and looks to be convenient. We arrive in BKK from Chiang Mai Friday and leave for the US early Saturday morning, so we will go check it out Friday afternoon. Their website also says they do a 6 hour turnaround on PCR tests and the price seemed very reasonable, though I don't remember how much it was. 

Just checked my Delta airlines website to see what tests they accept for the US, and it is one of any of them:

I do wonder if a saliva antigen test is accepted, like this one in the photo.

Tests accepted are: antigen, NAAT, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR or TMA.

1638940550000.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I don't think so. But maybe give it a try?

In the U.S. there are some supervised (remote via video call) test which some airlines (UA for example) accept.

Abbott and United said Wednesday that passengers can use Abbott’s BinaxNOWTM Covid-19 Home Test and Abbott’s NAVICA app in what the companies say should help make the international travel experience more seamless.

Before passengers come home, they “conduct the test with the digital health proctor, get their health pass and either upload it to United’s Travel Ready site so they can re-enter the country or show it at the airport when they check in,” an Abbott spokeswoman said. The companies said travelers will be able to purchase BinaxNOW Home Tests, which come in a six-pack of tests for $150 plus tax and shipping, from the eMed health platform.

Delta no longer flies ex-BKK so you'd probably be flying ex-BKK on Korean Air for BKK-ICN. Doubt they'll board you with a self-administered test. They'll be looking for something official from a recognized testing facility here. Maybe one you're in the U.S. jetting about domestically this sort of test would "fly"?

58 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That type of test should be fine, but you can't just do it yourself. It would have to be administered or supervised by a health professional who would issue a written report.

12 minutes ago, new2here said:

This raises a good point to be mindful of.

That's why I asked Q's of the OP...

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

What day/time does your flight leave BKK?

Does the airline require a PCR test specifically?

What is your routing/airlines?

36 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't think so. But maybe give it a try?

In the U.S. there are some supervised (remote via video call) test which some airlines (UA for example) accept.

Abbott and United said Wednesday that passengers can use Abbott’s BinaxNOWTM Covid-19 Home Test and Abbott’s NAVICA app in what the companies say should help make the international travel experience more seamless.

Before passengers come home, they “conduct the test with the digital health proctor, get their health pass and either upload it to United’s Travel Ready site so they can re-enter the country or show it at the airport when they check in,” an Abbott spokeswoman said. The companies said travelers will be able to purchase BinaxNOW Home Tests, which come in a six-pack of tests for $150 plus tax and shipping, from the eMed health platform.

Delta no longer flies ex-BKK so you'd probably be flying ex-BKK on Korean Air for BKK-ICN. Doubt they'll board you with a self-administered test. They'll be looking for something official from a recognized testing facility here. Maybe one you're in the U.S. jetting about domestically this sort of test would "fly"?

Yes it's a codeshare flight, KAL from BKK to Incheon, then a Delta flight from Incheon to Seattle, and the final leg of Delta home from Seattle to Portland. Same in return,just reversed.

Edited by ThailandRyan