Will my visa extension be denied because of this?

Hi all. so this is the situation. Got my under consideration stamp few weeks ago, due back soon to get the official visa stamp. However, when the IO stamped my paperwork she requested that i also bring back an updated bank book on the day i collect my visa. Sadly, due to a charge on my account that i completely forgot about the number has dropped slightly below the 400,000 threshold by 1,000 baht. When i noticed the charge I immediately topped up my account after a few hours.. I'm now above the 400k threshold again and will be on visa day.

My question is, if the IO notices this on my bank book is this reason enough for them to deny my visa? as the law states that the money only has to be in the account 2 months prior to applying. And I have not emptied my account, just accidentally gone under by 1,000 baht for a few hours. If my visa is denied on this basis, can I appeal successfully using the relevant statute?

any advice/possible scenarios is much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In Chiang Mai last month, they have never asked for anything except my passport for the confirmation stamp.

I have been asked for the updated bank book on approval day before. In fact the first time I was asked the account was already empty but I still got approved. This was another office though. If the law states that the money only has to be in the account 2 months before applying then why are some IO' asking for an updated bank book on visa day??? @ubonjoe

Edited by Zark Muckerberg

The only thing that you need do @Zark Muckerberg is to stop worrying about it. If they do notice this anomaly your explanation should suffice and not, you still have the not unreasonable defense in that the rule says it only needs to be in the account for 2 months prior to the application.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zark Muckerberg said:

If the law states that the money only has to be in the account 2 months before applying then why are some IO' asking for an updated bank book on visa day???

Many offices are wanting proof that 400k baht is still in the bank on the day your report back to get the extension stamp.

Since it was only 1000 baht and you quickly made a deposited to get it back to 400k baht or more the will likely do your extension stamp.

It is not a rule but is a policy that it should still be 400k baht until your stamp is done by either the local immigration office or the division headquarters over it.

1 hour ago, easydoor said:

the approval is always done in Bangkok and not at your local Immigration office....

Not necessarily correct. Not all approvals are done in Bangkok. There are, I believe, five different regions covering the country and where the approval is made depends on which region you live in. I live in Kalasin and approval is done in Khon Kaen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

If they notice that slight, short dip at all, I'm sure they will be satisfied with your explanation

Haha

Are you sure? Bc I'm not so sure. In fact, I'd bet they ask for the book and there's a good chance they'll make some sort of problem.

If I were op I'd bri g money and ask if he could pay 'a fine'.

This is why you keep separate accounts for your extension funds!

It's another case of this gent following the spirit of the law but they don't care and live to slime you for anything possible.

Tsk tsk tsk

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheScience said:

This is why you keep separate accounts for your extension funds!

It's another case of this gent following the spirit of the law but they don't care and live to slime you for anything possible.

Tsk tsk tsk

Agreed, why run so close to the line? Unbelievable! 

Have separate accounts and keep at least 25,000 over in the visa extension account.

Edited by Chris.B

You will already be approved by the time you collect your stamp.. No reason why they shoudl reject for a simple oversight.

The worrying thing is that they will know you have 399000 Baht in the bank and more than capable of paying a few baht to fix your transgression ????

I have never actually been asked to show the bank book on collection, so don't volunteer it..