90-day report failure because of incorrect overstay stay

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At least it was a rejection after the application was accepted. Now you just need to find out why it was rejected. Of course that might require a trip to immigration.

This Is my exact situation and I'm heading to Jomtien this afternoon with my email in hand!

I'm not optimistic about my chances, but in the same breath I'm not a defeatist who will just throw his hands in the air and say it can't possibly be done.

Though that may be the case.

19 hours ago, ifmu said:

i'm just wondering if anybody has had any success getting around this issue?

just deal with it stop trying to manipulate ... take both ppt to imm and they will fix it .... and it will probably take a while before the info is updated 

I'm not trying to manipulate anything.

I'm simply asking if anybody has had any success in overcoming my specific problem regarding the overstay message.

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

I'm not optimistic about my chances, but in the same breath I'm not a defeatist who will just throw his hands in the air and say it can't possibly be done.

Haven't you heard of the saying "two ways to skin a cat".

Bit rude to refer to someone as defeatist. Many folk including myself have tried what you plan to do and more. 

The ongoing issues with online 90 day reports has being going on since it was started. 

I'm doing it via mail until the day it's trouble free online.

Even if you have a degree of success at immigration, how long will that last. 

The thread with announcement of "new system" is already up to 24 pages. 

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm doing it via mail until the day it's trouble free online.

Even if you have a degree of success at immigration, how long will that last. 

The thread with announcement of "new system" is already up to 24 pages. 

I think the new site will eventually eliminate a lot of the problems people are having now.

I have seen no report of one being rejected when it was submitted like the old site does. The rejections have occured after the report was received by the local office with no reason give. I have suggested people to take copy of the report rejection to their local office to find out why it was rejected.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Not everyone has easy access to immigration. 

For some a 90 report in person could be best part of a day.

Honest to gawd! That's one of the reasons I live in Jomtien. Sure, I really like the atmosphere and bicycling is friendlier to cyclists there, but being 5-10 minutes from immigration plays a part in the decision.

Edited by HappyExpat57

23 hours ago, BKK57 said:

My theory is this, after visa extensions they simply do not update their database to indicate the new "permitted stay" date.  After two years of having no problem doing 90 day reports online I started having problems after my latest visa extension.

I'm in exactly the same position.

Was always able to use the old online reporting system before my last Sept. 2021 new extension of stay authorization.

After that, neither the old nor the new online reporting systems will work for me, and their Android app now says I'm on overstay back to the date of of my last extension of stay date. So obviously, they're not updating their database correctly.

Calls to Immigration to try to get them to update my info in their database went nowhere.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

After that, neither the old nor the new online reporting systems will work for me, and their Android app now says I'm on overstay back to the date of of my last extension of stay date. So obviously, they're not updating their database correctly.

What happened when tried to do a report on the new system? I have only read about rejections after submitting the report and those came later by email.

If you got the rejection after submitting the report I suggest you print out everything showing you did the report and the rejection email and ask immigration why it was rejected.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At least it was a rejection after the application was accepted. Now you just need to find out why it was rejected. Of course that might require a trip to immigration.

Bangkok immigration has this posted on their Facebook page. Perhaps try calling them.

229625909_382411313299691_561869875791053741_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeEz8-QKeBgczPmV4Vd3To-ZmTZO9Wz4PtSZNk71bPg-1L6aI4AnTM9fHjIv-1KT2MTEzLqkjyqLoeyYxyXbHP27&_nc_ohc=gzKI1N2EqoMAX9tOb6E&_nc_ht=scontent-sin6-1.xx&oh=00_AT9GcGnoTBC68JO_IynvSqTRMjQNToLQIO2wT1Ydp-xZPg&oe=61BD5CC1

Today/14 Dec I called above number.  Got a human of the female variety after about 6 rings. She could speak English.  I explained my 90 days reports submitted on 3 Dec in their new system was rejected on 12 Dec with no reason given for the rejection.   I asked can I find out the reason for the rejection.  

She asked for my passport number and then said wait one minute....I was put on on hold for about two minutes as she looked something up and then she came back and recommended I resubmit my report.  I then said I had resubmitted on 12 Dec and it was still in Pending status.  The human said I will need to wait for that report to be processed. 

I then asked again can I find out why my 1st reported was rejected.   She said she doesn't know as it's a new system.   Basically the same type of answer I have got over the years when I asked a few times in-person at the CW immigration office why the online system would never accept a report from me...always tell me to visit my local immigration office.  

I have plenty of doubt my 12 Dec resubmission will be approved....I fully expect it will be disapproved  or just hang in Pending status forever....but at least I will have tried.  But if by some rare chance it is approved over the coming days then good....but I'm not holding my breath. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What happened when tried to do a report on the new system? I have only read about rejections after submitting the report and those came later by email.

If you got the rejection after submitting report I suggest you print out everything showing did the report and ask immigration why it was rejected.

On the new system, I could register fine to get my log-in ID and password.

But when I then went to actually use it, and filled in my personal info on the first web screen, and then clicked to proceed to the next step, I got a message saying I could not proceed and had to contact my local Immigration office. That's certainly a rejection prior to me being able to make an actual submission.

I don't think I saved copies of the on-screen rejection message I got via the "new" 90 reporting website, since it just said I had to contact my local Imm office. But I did save copies of the rejection messages that I got when I then tried the Immigration Android app instead:

369943944_ImmApp90DayRejection.jpg.f06f563a05d9cf8770e1848e93f7ac1f.jpg

736851740_Immigrationapp90dayrejection2.jpg.54317684fe32f34434ecc837f70a7454.jpg

Same with the app, unable to get past the first screen of just entering one's name, passport # and other basic info. Never get to the next step in the filing process. Just the messages above.

And just to be clear, I'm NOT on overstay and obtained my new retirement extension at BKK CW in September, where the IO handling my extension of stay also had handled my prior 90-day report (done along with my extension paperwork).

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But when I then went to actually use it, and filled in my personal info on the first web screen, and then clicked to proceed to the next step, I got a message saying I could not proceed and had to contact my local Immigration office.

Was the the first time you logged into the site or trying to submit a report.

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't think I saved copies of the rejection message I got via the "new" 90 reporting website, since it just said I had to contact my local Imm office.

You get the rejection if you tried to a report by email not a on screen message.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You get the rejection if you tried to a report by email not a on screen message.

I don't understand what you're asking above.

I registered on the new website and logged in using my newly entered credentials. Entered in all my personal info on the first web page screen, then clicked to proceed to the next screen, and then got the web screen message saying I had to contact my local Immigration office.

I never got to actually being able to submit my 90 day report via the new online system, because the website wouldn't let me go any further than the first data entry page. I'd call that a rejection, at least in terms of being unable to use the system to make a report.

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't understand what you're asking above.

I was stating what happens if can submit a report. It is only one page. But you did not get that far.

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I registered on the new website and logged in using my newly entered credentials. Entered in all my personal info on the first web page screen, then clicked to proceed to the next screen, and then got the web screen message saying I had to contact my local Immigration office.

That is the final registration after getting you password.

Did you double check you entered everything correctly? I don't recall any posts about that happening to anybody else.

Maybe try logging in to try it again.

I had no problem with doing that page. My report is not due until February so have tried to do a report.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was stating what happens if cou an submit a report, It is only one page. But you did not get that far.

That is the final registration after getting your password.

Did you double check you entered everything correctly? I don't recall any posts about that happening to anybody else.

Maybe try logging in to try it again.

I had no problem with doing that page. My report is not due until February so have tried to do a report.

I tried multiple times on the new site. Rechecked all my entered info. Got the same "contact your local Immigration office" screen pop up every time.

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I tried multiple times on the new site. Rechecked all my entered info. Got the same "contact your local Immigration office" screen pop up every time.

I guess you need to check with immigration. I have no clue what the problem could be.

I have forgotten what info was needed when I did it.

53 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As ubonjoe mentioned, I don't recall anyone else getting presented such a message on the new system...that is, not being able to at least submit the report.    Maybe they have already began doing  software updates to the new system which does additional screening while submitting where before maybe no screening occurred other than making sure mandatory fields were completed.   If we do start seeing more such reports as yours, I expect system software updates have began to occur over the last few days. 

The message you were presented on the new system is basically the message I got presented on the other/older website and mobile app...never could get past the initial page of submitting a report...would tell me to visit my local immigration office.

In mid Sep 2021 is also when I extended my marriage extension of stay at CW and the IO also did a new 90 days address report for me. My current report still had around 6 weeks left on it, but the IO did a new one anyway.   This was the first time (or maybe the 2nd) over a dozen or so years the IO did such....all other times the IO never offered to do a new 90 days report while processing an extension.  

Edited by Pib

13 minutes ago, Pib said:

The message you were presented on the new system is basically the message I got presented on the other/older website and mobile app...never could get past the initial page of submitting a report...would tell me to visit my local immigration office.

I did my attempts on the "new" reporting website a couple days after it originally went live... I haven't tried again after that, as my deadline clock was ticking and I chose to do a mail-in report instead of trekking out to MTT. So I can't speak to whether things have changed since that time.

I also had the problem with overstay in the old system. So today I tried the new system (reporting date 30.12.2021) 16 days early.. 
But I received an approval after only 15 minutes (system data entered 18:05, approved 18:20 on 14.12.2021) 
New receipt till 14.03.2022.

I am double surprised firstly as I have done it 1 day too early and second I was expecting a rejection as I had problems before with the overstay message in the phone app (old system browser was report to immigration or something like that)...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HampiK said:

I also had the problem with overstay in the old system. So today I tried the new system (reporting date 30.12.2021) 16 days early.. 
But I received an approval after only 15 minutes (system data entered 18:05, approved 18:20 on 14.12.2021) 

Office?

(CW?)

13 hours ago, HampiK said:

I am double surprised firstly as I have done it 1 day too early and second I was expecting a rejection as I had problems before with the overstay message in the phone app (old system browser was report to immigration or something like that)...

So, you submitted your report to CW on 14 Dec and got approval on 14 Dec....same day approval. Wish I could say the same. 

I submitted my 1st report to CW on the new system 3 Dec and on 9 Dec I got a rejection....no reason given.   This submission was 14 days before my current report due date.

So, on 9 Dec I "resubmitted" just to see what happens and as of the morning of 15 Dec it's still in Pending status.   Wouldn't surprise me if its never processed as in being rejected, approved, etc., as they may feel they already rejected me a few days before.

Yesterday/14 Dec I called the CW/MTT 90 days reporting line posted earlier and asked why my 1st report was rejected....after being put on hold for a few minutes the officer came back with a "they don't know" type answer....recommended I resubmit.  I said I had resubmitted on 9 Dec and it's still in Pending status.  The officer said wait until it's processed.  Basically, a wasted phone call. 

Neither of the two older reporting systems...the web or mobile app version....ever worked for me....could never get either system to accept my first page of data as a message would pop-up saying "visit my local immigration office."  The new system does let me submit a report but as mentioned the 1st report was rejected 6 days later with no reason given and my resubmission is still in Pending status.

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

So, you submitted your report to CW on 14 Dec and got approval on 14 Dec....same day approval. Wish I could say the same. 

I submitted my 1st report to CW on the new system 3 Dec and on 9 Dec I got a rejection....no reason given.   This submission was 14 days before my current report due date.

So, on 9 Dec I "resubmitted" just to see what happens and as of the morning of 15 Dec it's still in Pending status.   Wouldn't surprise me if its never processed as in being rejected, approved, etc., as they may feel they already rejected me a few days before.

Yesterday/14 Dec I called the CW/MTT 90 days reporting line posted earlier and asked why my 1st report was rejected....after being put on hold for a few minutes the officer came back with a "they don't know" type answer....recommended I resubmit.  I said I had resubmitted on 9 Dec and it's still in Pending status.  The officer said wait until it's processed.  Basically, a wasted phone call. 

Neither of the two older reporting systems...the web or mobile app version....ever worked for me....could never get either system to accept my first page of data as a message would pop-up saying "visit my local immigration office."  The new system does let me submit a report but as mentioned the 1st report was rejected 6 days later with no reason given and my resubmission is still in Pending status.

I am sorry for you and all the others who not had the luck ???? 
Yes I submitted and received approval on December 14th. And even after office hours

I actually was expecting something similar what happened to you.
Because of the real positiv outcome I was thinking I should post. As enough negative comments already were mentioned.
I was especially surprised, that It also was working 1 day prior to the 15 days.

One thing on the new website is, that you have to give your permit to stay date. I am surprised as this date they should actually have in their database but as always this is Thailand!

Edited by HampiK
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ripstanley said:

i did mine today. It took 5 minutes but i had to drive 10 minutes. I live up north and use a local office. They get to know you and it makes it easier for the net extension.

Don't see the point. 

So your saying that you did report in person and it's only a 10 minute drive to immigration office.

Excellent. What if it's a one hour drive.

20 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Because of the real positiv outcome I was thinking I should post. As enough negative comments already were mentioned.

Yours is but the third or fourth successfully approved filing on the new system for Bangkok that i recall here or on FB.

Hopefully your early submittal, and quick approval portends good fortune for others going forward.

Eventually, you've got to think, they'll get this right? Right?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Eventually, you've got to think, they'll get this right? Right?

I think the big change is that there is no automatic rejection on the new site when trying to complete a report since there only one page now. That is done entirely by your local office now.

1 hour ago, HampiK said:

One thing on the new website is, that you have to give your permit to stay date. I am surprised as this date they should actually have in their database but as always this is Thailand!

The permit to stay date is a non-mandatory field.  On my 1st submission, which was rejected, I filled out "every" data field....mandatory and non-mandatory.  

On my resubmittal still in Pending status I only filled out the mandatory fields with the exception of also including my first and middle names which are non-mandatory fields.  Name-wise only a person's last name is a mandatory field.   

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the big change is that there is no automatic rejection on the new site when trying to submit a report. That is done entirely by your local office now.

Yea....before you could kinda get rejected right up front by not being able to get past the first data page when the visit your local immigration office message popped up.   Told a person right up front, no-can-do.

Now they make a person wait days before being rejected....the person builds up his hope...then that hope is dashed with a rejection.  Now it takes days for them to say no-can-do.

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Yea....before you could kinda get rejected right up front by not being able to get past the first data page when the visit your local immigration office message popped up.   Told a person right up front, no-can-do.

Now they make a person wait days before being rejected....the person builds up his hope...then that hope is dashed with a rejection.  Now it takes days for them to say no-can-do.

Yes, this new system is so much better. ????

I prefer the quick rejection, leaving time to mail in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pib said:

But at least you are not rejected due to some old outdated or incorrect info when trying to start a report.

Now it is done by a person that has access to your record to approve or reject it.

Just checked the mobile app and there are no changes to it yet. Tried by completing the first page and got the message I am outside of the reporting window that is correct.