Adding vaccination to Yellow Vax Passport

samtam

I have a Yellow Vacination passport issued by the Ministry of Public Health and it records my two AZ vaccinations. I am shortly getting a booster jab, and want to add that to the Yellow passport. The hospital said I need to go to Suvarnabhumi to get the passport updated, but this seems to be contrary to what was previously advised, that the airport did not issue Yellow vaccination passports.

Grateful for advice from anyone that has recently gone through this procedure. 

42 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Where did you hear about or get the Booster jab please. I had two Pzizers in September at the local University Hospital and have the Mor Prom App and Yellow book. Thanks

Some hospitals have ‘walk-ins’.... or pseudo walk-ins.

i.e. Bangkok Hospital (Bangkok) - you can walk in ‘purchase’ a coupon for Moderna and book the vaccine (in 3 days - don’t ask me why, this is Thailand !)....   and then take the vaccine in 3 days time (or whenever its been booked) - the cost is 1650 baht.

I’ve not tried it, but this is what my Wife was informed when she called up on my behalf.

49 minutes ago, samtam said:

Grateful for advice from anyone that has recently gone through this procedure. 

I have the original Yellow booklet...  International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis which contains my Yellow Fever vaccination details, Hep and tetanus boosters etc...

I wanted to add my Covid-19 Vaccination to that booklet... Cannot, was the response. 

My Covid-19 vaccines were administered outside of Thailand - so perhaps that is why.

They couldn’t issue me with the Thailand equivalent (Covid-19 Passport).

The vaccine certs themselves are probably the most useful for international travel - no one seemed to be interested in my Wife’s Yellow Vaccine Passport when we travelled recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_or_Prophylaxis

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have the original Yellow booklet...  International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis which contains my Yellow Fever vaccination details, Hep and tetanus boosters etc...

I wanted to add my Covid-19 Vaccination to that booklet... Cannot, was the response. 

My Covid-19 vaccines were administered outside of Thailand - so perhaps that is why.

They couldn’t issue me with the Thailand equivalent (Covid-19 Passport).

The vaccine certs themselves are probably the most useful for international travel - no one seemed to be interested in my Wife’s Yellow Vaccine Passport when we travelled recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_or_Prophylaxis

Thanks. I was just assuming that a MoPH issued vaccine passport issued in Thailand could have any and all Thai administered vaccines added to it.

I have the Mor Prom app, and I understand the hospital can add to my digital certificate on that, which will be sufficient when leaving Thailand, but unsure how widely accepted if and when proof of vaccination is required when "normal" international travel resumes next year.

54 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Where did you hear about or get the Booster jab please. I had two Pzizers in September at the local University Hospital and have the Mor Prom App and Yellow book. Thanks

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Some hospitals have ‘walk-ins’.... or pseudo walk-ins.

i.e. Bangkok Hospital (Bangkok) - you can walk in ‘purchase’ a coupon for Moderna and book the vaccine (in 3 days - don’t ask me why, this is Thailand !)....   and then take the vaccine in 3 days time (or whenever its been booked) - the cost is 1650 baht.

I’ve not tried it, but this is what my Wife was informed when she called up on my behalf.

As richard_smith237 states; through Bangkok Hospital.

There is another link regarding this here:

I'd ask the yellow book issuing authority (Department of Disease Control)?

Thai Travel Clinic, Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control, Bangkok Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (closed on weekends and public holidays),1 pm to 3 pm (**advance booking required**) Appointments can be made at: http://vacn.ddc.moph.go.th/index.php If you have any trouble booking please call 0-2521-1668 or send a message to the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/iudc.ddc.moph/

Have you requested your Digital International Certificate via Mor Phrom?

If not yet, maybe get the booster then apply for that.

I'm not certain if previously requested certs will be updated with boosters? I'd like to think they would be, but then remember where I am.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I'd ask the yellow book issuing authority (Department of Disease Control)?

Thai Travel Clinic, Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control, Bangkok Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (closed on weekends and public holidays),1 pm to 3 pm (**advance booking required**) Appointments can be made at: http://vacn.ddc.moph.go.th/index.php If you have any trouble booking please call 0-2521-1668 or send a message to the Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/iudc.ddc.moph/

Have you requested your Digital International Certificate via Mor Phrom?

If not yet, maybe get the booster then apply for that.

I'm not certain if previously requested certs will be updated with boosters? I'd like to think they would be, but then remember where I am.

Thank you. I will try the Mor Prom application. The Yellow Passport was obtained by my IMM agent, so I'm not sure how he did it, and will ask him. It cost me THB1500, which was fine at the time, as it saved me the trouble, but I think these things are easier now. I will report back in due course, when I will either have received another Yellow passport via Mor Prom, or spoken to the Thai Travel Clinic. It would have made sense to get the hospital to sign the Yellow Passport after they've administered the jab, but then I remembered where I am too!