Marriage Extension Question

I have the 400k baht in the bank ready for the marriage extension come end January 2022, the money has been in there for over 2 months, however I am going to make a withdrawal, but not before topping it up, e.g. probably adding another 400k baht in the next day or two, that said, is it ok to withdrawal or are they wanting the original 400k baht to be in there from before, regardless of the topping up.

The above said, I won't be going anywhere below 400k.

I know it's a given for most, but I just don't know if immigration are going to be a pain ?

There is another alternative if it's best to leave it as is, i.e. I can transfer the funds to the wife's account and make withdrawals from her account.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

Do you have to bring anything more than your updated bank book and a copy of it showing a say 500 baht draw the day you go get your extension stamp for Chiang Mai office?  The officer never did explain that when the missus and I submitted the paperwork and got our date of Dec 28th to come for the stamp (so much for going away at new years).  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Do you have to bring anything more than your updated bank book and a copy of it showing a say 500 baht draw the day you go get your extension stamp for Chiang Mai office?  The officer never did explain that when the missus and I submitted the paperwork and got our date of Dec 28th to come for the stamp (so much for going away at new years).  Thanks in advance.

Small deposit/withdrawal on day of picking up stamp shows activity and update. Doesn't hurt. 

• Like 1

Did my marriage extension this morning(in at 9 am, out by 10am, Surat Thani immigration is great during covid), 400,000 baht must be in the bank for at least 2 months  before the extension and remain there till the extension is approved(usually 1 month after you apply), if it drops below 400,000 baht they can refuse the extension. I did  my bank statement yesterday along with the bank letter and did a 100 baht deposit, today immigration said it really needs to be done on the day you apply but just got us to do another deposit after we did all the paper work etc(head lady has seen us in the bank a few times over the years so knows it is a genuine account) and show the bank book to them later today, they do this as some people dont actually own the account/money, they also told us that we can get a program on the phone that will show my  bank account statement, they said it can also be printed and that this was also acceptable to them. As long as your account doesnt drop below 400,000 baht during the 3 months you are fine

• Thanks 2