COVID-19: Thailand reports 3,370 new coronavirus cases, 29 deaths, 4,557 recoveries

webfact

4 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You where saying that in January 2021 and then suddenly disappeared from the forum for the rest of this year when Thailand shut up shop and Delta exploded.

I wouldn't make yourself a hostage to fortune again if i were you.

Thailand hasn't a clue what it's covid situation is.

Screenshot_20211213-143336.jpg

I had a look at that chart and added Vietnam. The usual suspect was gloating how well Thailand was doing compared to Vietnam, but then of course Vietnam was doing a lot more testing. 

It's all there for everyone to see. No BS.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is for foreigners too? Pfizer boosters after 3 months

Bangsue Central Vaccination Center has opened for registration for the third dose for those who have been vaccinated with two doses of the #COVID19 vaccine from vaccination centers nationwide. The registration may be made through the Thai mobile network, starting from 16 Dec 2021

FGo7GqBVcAUXasj.jpg.50ae2f05e084c976ba1e7e9727e259b5.jpg

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1471058199281344519

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Rolling in now.....................would be much better if  Dr. Supakit Sirilak did not predict that when the first community cases start that they will be contained quickly. 

Nine Omicron cases confirmed in Thailand to date, five others await confirmation

One more Omicron variant case has been confirmed in Thailand, bringing total confirmed cases to date to nine, plus five potential cases still awaiting confirmation by means of whole genome sequencing (WGS) tests, according to Director-General of the Medical Sciences Department Dr. Supakit Sirilak.

As all the cases involve foreign arrivals which is normal for countries first experiencing the Omicron variant, he predicted that the first locally acquired case will inevitably emerge.

He added, however, that Thai people should not panic, assuring them that the new variant will be contained quickly.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/nine-confirmed-covid-19-omicron-cases-in-thailand-to-date/?

Contain omicron when every other country in the world could not?

It's in China and we know how they will contain it.

Mass incarceration and millions tested in days.

Thailand hasn't even most likely tested a million people since the pandemic began.

• Like 2

COVID-19 vaccines may be less effective against Omicron - WHO

GENEVA, Dec 15 (Reuters) - Preliminary evidence indicates that COVID-19 vaccines may be less effective against infection and transmission linked to the Omicron coronavirus variant, which also carries a higher risk of reinfection, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/covid-19-vaccines-may-be-less-effective-against-omicron-who-2021-12-15/

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not sure if this is for foreigners too? Pfizer boosters after 3 months

Bangsue Central Vaccination Center has opened for registration for the third dose for those who have been vaccinated with two doses of the #COVID19 vaccine from vaccination centers nationwide. The registration may be made through the Thai mobile network, starting from 16 Dec 2021

FGo7GqBVcAUXasj.jpg.50ae2f05e084c976ba1e7e9727e259b5.jpg

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1471058199281344519

As Richard Barrow tweeted a similar graphic, I would guess it also applies to Foreigners.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why, when vaccine trials are carried out the results are given through anti body levels.

Its making genuine claims on the anti bodies same as this UK report did from the Health Security Agency:

Omicron has vaccine evasion properties, AZ is down to 0% after 100 days and Pfizer is down to just 30%

Read what he actual experts say:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1040076/Technical_Briefing_31.pdf

Tell you what Brian- you take your antibodies- I can see they mean everything to you.

I'll stick with T cell immunity.

????

Edited by mommysboy
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

For the benefit of pandemic slow learners and our resident amateur TVF science deniers.

For the benefit of slow learners who hadn’t noticed , it’s now called ASEAN NOW

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Tell you what Brian- you take your antibodies- I can see they mean everything to you.

I'll stick with T cell immunity.

????

Was that supposed to be amusing? I'll stick with the current proven science on Omicron. The T cells are not part of that at the moment it will take time but as you say, go ahead, stick with it. The scientists are not but you obviously have more faith than them.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I don't believe it's just foreign arrivals.  I believe it is in the wild already and without testing they will only find it after its spiraled  but then that's my view.

As WHO said earlier, its probably in all countries by now just not been sequenced yet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You where saying that in January 2021 and then suddenly disappeared from the forum for the rest of this year when Thailand shut up shop and Delta exploded.

I wouldn't make yourself a hostage to fortune again if i were you.

Thailand hasn't a clue what it's covid situation is.

Screenshot_20211213-143336.jpg

Never "disappeared," just hoofed it to a more or less open Phuket in March, from mostly shutdown and later lockdowned Pattaya. Received my two free vaccines in July, while living an active outdoor life, with no time for the Forum. Now just drop in on occasion...only to read the same opinions from a year ago ????????????

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oblomov said:

UK is testing 960 000 per day - How many per day  do Thailand test ? Is that published ?  UK does a huge quantity of genome sequencing as do the other countries that are gaining more accurate data 

All that testing is doing what...slowing the spread of Omicron?

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Never "disappeared," just hoofed it to a more or less open Phuket in March, from mostly shutdown and later lockdowned Pattaya. Received my two free vaccines in July, while living an active outdoor life, with no time for the Forum. Now just drop in on occasion...only to read the same opinions from a year ago ????????????

Phuket was closed and shuttered most of this year and you know it.

Desolate and empty. Everything shut.

More porkie pies from the oracle.

Your welcome to Phuket i couldn't wait to get out of it.

You have so little time for the forum, you immediately reply to me.

Your "predictions" were wrong from day one and you couldn't show your face.

You'll be telling me next that there isn't a long monsoon season in Phuket either.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Dreams are made of believing the non scientific studies and the misinformation posts in social media.  Vaccinations assist the body to ramp up it's immunities and fight.  Your regular old T cells are only a fraction of what's needed as you age, and vaccines give them a boost to work to fight new intruders.

https://theconversation.com › covid-...
COVID-19 vaccines produce T-cell immunity that lasts and works ...

T-cells, a key part of our immune systems. And the good news is that the current vaccines stimulate your T-cells to fight against both the SARS-CoV-2 virus and its emerging variants in the long term.

I am talking about vaccines!! And in particular how good they are at creating T cell immunity.

I am defending the vaccines and saying how good they are even when antibodies fades- as they do with all vaccines and natural immune reactions.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mommysboy said:

I am talking about vaccines!! And in particular how good they are at creating T cell immunity.

I am defending the vaccines and saying how good they are even when antibodies fades- as they do with all vaccines and natural immune reactions.

Almost all of us defend the vaccines, however even before Omicron came along its obvious they wane over time, take Israel for example, studies from there as well as other countries concluded that after 6 months Pfizer went down to 40% effectiveness. They had a large wave and as a result did a huge booster campaign, wave decreased nicely. What is also clear in that wave is that the T cells did kick in as deaths were far less.

Many countries followed suit after that experience as you know including the UK and US. 

With Omicron the scientists are saying this is not proven yet, they are hoping it will be ok as we all are.

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Thanks for the clarification, as it did not sound that way when I read your post.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

None. I wasn't aware that I needed any to comment on this forum. Why would I?

Some people think that a non-medical person hasn't the tools to research and make a comment - only asks that daft question if a view varies from own view.

I'd assume that those that do agree with that member's view wouldn't be asked for medical credentials LOL

I think we've learned to be very sceptical of certain medical professionals with their wild projections and vague data, bereft of the context required for a rational response.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

All that testing is doing what...slowing the spread of Omicron?

Of course it's not - obviously  - but the point is that it has become some sort of competition with those with decreasing rates having some bizarre notion that infection levels has much to do with the published numbers - any country can record a 'surge' if they squander resources with massive testing programs, often with no tangible benefit and conversely any country can soothe their populations by testing less and recording less.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Also from that study:

‘It is also noted that, by infecting many more people, a very infectious virus may cause more severe disease and death even though the virus itself may be less pathogenic. Therefore, taken together with our recent studies showing that the Omicron variant can partially escape immunity from vaccines and past infection, the overall threat from Omicron variant is likely to be very significant.’

• Like 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Also from that study:

‘It is also noted that, by infecting many more people, a very infectious virus may cause more severe disease and death even though the virus itself may be less pathogenic. Therefore, taken together with our recent studies showing that the Omicron variant can partially escape immunity from vaccines and past infection, the overall threat from Omicron variant is likely to be very significant.’

But trying explaining this to our amateur TVF covid sleuths. They can't seem to understand it.

• Like 2