Pizza in Pattaya

JustAnotherHun

23 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I'll check that when I come over the mountain next time. Does not happen too often.

There was an Italian shop on the corner to Immigration soi. No restaurant, but they had delicious Italian cheese, salami, olives etc and Parma ham and you could get some nicely made sandwiches and plates . But that has vanished too.

It was called Eataly and had a sister branch on Sukhumvit; near King Power. Now it's Stile Italiano. 

https://www.officinadelprosciutto.com/

8 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Yes, there was another Italian restaurant on that soi that closed. 

Fusillo used to be on the Na Kluea road and have only recently moved to their new location on Soi 18.

So things turn out to be more clear.

You say Fusillo was on Nak Rd? Where? Coming from Soi18 a short way after Maj Thai on the right side? If yes, I know the place and it was quite good 2 years back.

But never checked their pizza.

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

It was called Eataly and had a sister branch on Sukhumvit; near King Power. Now it's Stile Italiano. 

https://www.officinadelprosciutto.com/

Your link leads to Bangkok.

According to Google maps, "Stile Italiano" seems to be at same the location (corner Immigration soi) where the shop I told about was located. 

Hope it's still the same and I'll check it out on may visit to IO next week.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

So things turn out to be more clear.

You say Fusillo was on Nak Rd? Where? Coming from Soi18 a short way after Maj Thai on the right side? If yes, I know the place and it was quite good 2 years back.

But never checked their pizza.

I think it was where the construction site is now; on the right(coming from soi 18). 

You see? You could have lost them business ???? Now you owe them to go to try their pizza ???? 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Your link leads to Bangkok.

According to Google maps, "Stile Italiano" seems to be at same the location (corner Immigration soi) where the shop I told about was located. 

Hope it's still the same and I'll check it out on may visit to IO next week.

No; my link, if you click on Branches and scroll down; makes reference to the Pattaya location.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2021 at 2:43 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I had a pizza there last year and thought it was very good. But I thought the thin crisp pizza at Frankie's was exceptional. Fresh cut Palma ham and burata cheese. Light, delicate but satisfying.

Did you request that style crust?

I just had a pie from there and the crust wasn't like that. Good for me as I don't like thin crisp crust. This crust was more like Napoli style, some chewy in the texture, good flavor, a good level of char. Not as good as the closed Pizza Art was, but now my favorite crust in town.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, MamaSan said:

If you've the taste for New York style, New York Pizza on Third Road is the place!  'Was delighted recently to see it survived the past few years - always one of my first stops in Pattaya.

that ain't even close to NYC style pizza.

On 12/17/2021 at 12:36 AM, LarrySR said:

Frankies Inn on Jomtien 2nd Rd. has been my favorite pizza recently and a real nice selection of bruschetta and breads. 

Lots of Italian dishes you just won't see anywhere else too.

Menu:

https://www.facebook.com/frankiespattaya/menu/

Is that the little soil one before Soi 5  immigration ? Very good there last year !!! 
What about the one outside The Avenue Mall ?

40 minutes ago, geisha said:

Is that the little soil one before Soi 5  immigration ? Very good there last year !!! 
What about the one outside The Avenue Mall ?

FRANKIES INN on Jomtien 2nd Rd.

Drive up Beach Rd. Soi 9 and turn left on Jomtien 2nd Rd. 

You will see Frankies on the left side, just above the Jomtien Night Market.

I've looked....and tasted...but never found a good pizza in Pattaya. It's a lot easier in Bangkok. Pizza Massilia is good, and Vesuvio off Sukh Soi 8 is always busy with Italian expats. Can't go wrong with either one. They put all the other shops---Pizzamania, Gallery, etc. to shame. They're Napoli style, not NY or Chicago.

Both places are wood-fired and produce a great crust....thin in the middle but full on the rim and cooked just right.

Most meats and other toppings are imported from Italy, and both have about 20+ different pizzas on the menu. Pizza Massilia offers two sizes, but the larger ones (the same size as Vesuvio's) are more expensive than Vesuvio's.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

I've looked....and tasted...but never found a good pizza in Pattaya. It's a lot easier in Bangkok. Pizza Massilia is good, and Vesuvio off Sukh Soi 8 is always busy with Italian expats. Can't go wrong with either one. They put all the other shops---Pizzamania, Gallery, etc. to shame. They're Napoli style, not NY or Chicago.

Both places are wood-fired and produce a great crust....thin in the middle but full on the rim and cooked just right.

Most meats and other toppings are imported from Italy, and both have about 20+ different pizzas on the menu. Pizza Massilia offers two sizes, but the larger ones (the same size as Vesuvio's) are more expensive than Vesuvio's.

Who cares?

We're here.

Have you tried Frankies?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Who cares?

We're here.

Have you tried Frankies?

Haven't tried Frankies, thank you.  Personally, I DO care about a good Napoli-style pizza, and would welcome suggestions for any city in Thailand, as not everyone suffers from agoraphobia and many do get around.

You may not care, but it seems helpful, even polite, to add info on a city most Patts' residents visit from time to time, and who may be looking for the same dinner favorites 'far from home'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Who cares" would seem to qualify as the phrase of a 'smug member'.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Walker88 said:

Haven't tried Frankies, thank you.  Personally, I DO care about a good Napoli-style pizza, and would welcome suggestions for any city in Thailand, as not everyone suffers from agoraphobia and many do get around.

You may not care, but it seems helpful, even polite, to add info on a city most Patts' residents visit from time to time, and who may be looking for the same dinner favorites 'far from home'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Who cares" would seem to qualify as the phrase of a 'smug member'.

Frankie's default crust is similar to Napoli style. I think they offer other choices though. I also prefer Napoli style. 

This is a Pattaya pizza topic.

There is another current topic about Bangkok pizza.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I've looked....and tasted...but never found a good pizza in Pattaya. It's a lot easier in Bangkok. Pizza Massilia is good, and Vesuvio off Sukh Soi 8 is always busy with Italian expats. ......

I do absolutely agree with you. Although I have visited some of the restaurants mentioned in this thread, there was always an aspect of the offered product that was not entirely satisfying. I will try one of your suggestions in Bangkok when I am there.

And I will still keep trying in Pattaya until I have finished reviewing all the suggestions from here. Please do not misunderstand me: There are some just acceptable pizzas out there. But there must be SOME perfect Napoli-style pizza somewhere here, too, although I do recognize as well the problems with the ingrediences (and its prices) here. Or do you want to be offered a Quattro Stagioni without Carciofi and not only fractions thereof (if even present ?). Maybe you understand what I mean. Judging from your post I see a chance that you do.

The best Pizza I ever had was in Bari, opposite Neaples on the other side of the boot. It was a "simple" Margherita.

Checked Fusillo in Soi18 yesterday, because it's more or less in walking distance from my place. So:

Nicely made garden with a few tables, nice and clean inside, polite service. More important to me: The mussels Italian style werde perfect (ok, it's not a big deal to cook them). I ordered the pizza "extra crispy" so it came crispy enough. Not bad, maybe a bit to much cheese on it. It did not reach the vanished Little Bella Italia.

Sitting in the garden is fun right now. But I remember sitting outside in the now closed restuarant a few meters up road pre Covid. I counted 45 stinking tour busses going up and down Soi 18 during diner. Black clouds and noise, you couldn't enjoy your meal. So if things ever will be like in the (not so) good old days, the garden will be no option anymore.

I'll surely come back to Fusillo. If not for pizza, then for their delicious mussels and the pasta. Yesterday it was quite good visited.

• Like 1

Stopped by the Italian Osteria at Terminal 21 yesterday and brought home a couple slices and warmed them up in the oven for dinner. AWESOME.

Definitely not "thin" style that the OP is looking for but I'm thinking it's my favorite Pizza in Thailand. 

Very similar to the square slices sold at PALA Pizza on the corner of Asoke in Bangkok. (or pizza slices I've had in Rome.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/21/2021 at 2:47 AM, redwood1 said:

Pizza Company and Pizza hut......Their pizza is so bad I would not feed it to a Soi Dog..........Terrible terrible pizza, some of the worst I have ever had....

Yet by far the biggest sellers in the country!

I'd love to know a good pizza place from where to order around Jomtien, where size, taste and value are just right.

I tried Frankie's before, yes, it's good, but lacking a bit in the size and value departments.

I had several Le Mar's pizzas in the past and I'd say it's good-average all round.

I ordered a couple of times from the Pizza 2000 place at VT1, it was ok for value and size, the taste was ok but average.

Also tried Toto's a couple of times (Thappraya near Dongtan, don't know if it's still there), and while size and value were okayish, taste suffered from the use of poor quality cheese and ham

I tried "Pizza old school" (Kao Talo, Darkside) a couple of times, and it would check all boxes for me, but alas, it's too far away for me to order from.

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:53 AM, tgw said:

I'd love to know a good pizza place from where to order around Jomtien, where size, taste and value are just right.

I tried Frankie's before, yes, it's good, but lacking a bit in the size and value departments.

I had several Le Mar's pizzas in the past and I'd say it's good-average all round.

I ordered a couple of times from the Pizza 2000 place at VT1, it was ok for value and size, the taste was ok but average.

Also tried Toto's a couple of times (Thappraya near Dongtan, don't know if it's still there), and while size and value were okayish, taste suffered from the use of poor quality cheese and ham

I tried "Pizza old school" (Kao Talo, Darkside) a couple of times, and it would check all boxes for me, but alas, it's too far away for me to order from.

Jomtien?

The places that come to mind: La Bocca; Stefano and Tommy, the Sicilian chef, should be able to knock up a decent pizza. 

Gian's; also on Thap Phraya. 

and Marco's, again on Thap Phraya.

13 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Jomtien?

The places that come to mind: La Bocca; Stefano and Tommy, the Sicilian chef, should be able to knock up a decent pizza. 

I like the calzone at Marcos better than their pizza. 

17 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Jomtien?

what about value and size ?

Edited by tgw

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

what about value and size ?

They have menus, take a look for yourself.

I don't talk about value and size when it comes to pizza in Thailand.

Think about the ingredients. Sour dough for the base if they are any good. If you want genuine ingredients, you know they are very expensive in Thailand. If you want cheap cr@p on your pizza, then you can save some money.

So better you talk to them or take a look for yourself. If you care about the quality of your food; talk to the chef.

Search for "One Guy Changed My Pizza Game Forever" on YouTube (Link not included here since I do not know if I may embed it).

In 17 minutes the video shows you how much consideration and details have to go into making one. And then ask yourself if you guess that the pizzerias here do put the same amount of dedication into it - apart from the quality and quantity of ingredients.

This might give you an answer why most of the pizzas here are what they are. Believe me: It's 17 minutes well spent.

My next two contenders from the recommendations here will be tested within the next 2 weeks.

Edited by moogradod