Nong Khai Border Checkpoint to Open Under Strict Safety Measures

Jonathan Fairfield

135024940f012adf1d88051fdf4b5ddf_small.jpeg

Authorities will implement special disease prevention protocols for travelers entering Thailand through the Nong Khai border checkpoint starting December 24.

Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan, assistant spokesperson for the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), said the center will inspect New Year celebration venues in provinces such as Chiang Mai, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Nong Khai.

Nong Khai, which shares a border with Laos, will be the first province to open to travelers under the Test & Go program.

Thailand is due to officially open all borders on January 1, including crossings in Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, and Ubon Ratchathani.

nnt.jpg
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, law ling said:

The "measures" and "protocols" are not specified ... so, cannot comment.

Negative test, proof of vax, re-test on arrival, insurance and one night quarantine? ... or a temperature check and B500?

Nong Khai, which shares a border with Laos, will be the first province to open to travelers under the Test & Go program.”

So one assumes they will enter under the same conditions that are currently in place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, connda said:

So what's this mean for border runs? 

Laos hasn't opened their side yet. From January, they're starting to let in group tours to 'green travel zones'.  They say they're opening the Nong Khai crossing so it might allow companies to organize 'visa tours'? But they will have to receive approval, plus people will still need to meet the Thai conditions to return. 
https://laotiantimes.com/2021/12/17/laos-announces-travel-conditions-for-2022-reopening/

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, darrendsd said:

After the restrictions that have been in place for close to 2 years now including closing the country, lockdowns etc etc did you really just write that post? Really? 

Yes I really did.  Thais fear Covid & enforce the shut down themselves.  Are you suggesting the list of laws I quoted above are enforced? The thread is about enforcement.  I stick with what I said.  The enforcers are inept, inconsistent & easily diverted by baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Yes I really did.  Thais fear Covid & enforce the shut down themselves.  Are you suggesting the list of laws I quoted above are enforced? The thread is about enforcement.  I stick with what I said.  The enforcers are inept, inconsistent & easily diverted by baht

Congratulations for totally contradicting yourself, have you missed the word end off your name by any chance? 

On 12/19/2021 at 2:54 AM, law ling said:

The "measures" and "protocols" are not specified ... so, cannot comment.

Negative test, proof of vax, re-test on arrival, insurance and one night quarantine? ... or a temperature check and B500?

Well at least it's progress, if Omicron does turn out to be causing mild symptoms, it will be throughout the world and over hopefully, rates are dropping in Gauteng already.

22 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Congratulations for totally contradicting yourself, have you missed the word end off your name by any chance? 

How have I contradicted myself?  The thread is still about enforcement; I still maintain Thai authorities (police etc.) fail to enforce. By stooping to insult, Darren, you weaken your position.  Incidentally, darrendsd is almost an anagram of *rse end.