Did you graduate from Princeton or Yale? If so, can we start a conversation here?

GammaGlobulin

Hi My Friends,

Personally, I do know some guys on this forum who graduated from Princeton.

You might be surprised how many guys here are from the Ivy League.

So, might it be possible to begin a thread in which we can discuss Ivy League things?

Because, very recently, somebody asked about class on this forum.

Personally, I do not care much about class, having none.

Even a touch of class, I would not know.

Still, I am curious to know how many guys here graduated from schools such as Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth, Cornell, etc, because I do know of a few.  I just do not know how many.

So, if you are an Ivy Leaguer, and if you post on the Pub, or just read this Pub forum, then would you mind speaking up, and telling us how much you enjoy reading this great forum?

Feeling Great, 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

I have never found it particularly odd that guys who have graduated from premier schools seem to gravitate to the Pub forum.

After all, being in Thailand, and similarly being alienated from intellectual stimulation, it is only to be expected that smart guys would eventually find us here, on the Pub. 

Might I even say that this Pub forum has become rather somewhat of a fraternity for the intellectually gifted members of the Farang society in Thailand.

Schools such as Harvard are basically slouch schools compared to CalTech, of course.

I wish I could just meet someone from CalTech on this Pub Forum, in fact.

CalTech is a boutique school reserved for the super smart, as probably everybody knows.

Still, even smart guys sometimes feel the need to get down and dirty with lessor mortals such as we.

The reason I have posted this is because.....

My landlady.

She did not graduate from a school like the University of Toronto, or McGill.

Instead, she attended a backwater school, and I find her mostly obtuse in all respects.

I don't know much, but I find it frustratingly difficult to communicate, in any meaningful way, with those who just don't "get it".

I mean...so much wasted time....trying to explain the very obvious.

Patience is so important when speaking to those who might be on a very different intellectual level.

All of humanity has intrinsic value.

However, some of humanity just gets it.

And, some do not.

Maybe you have noticed this, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yes, Ivy League though not in any way impressed by it... 

My wife left school at age 12 to support the family. Her mom and dad are illiterate and yet some of the finest people I have ever met. 

I am more impressed with kindness than level of schooling. 

You sound like someone from Brown.

47 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Maybe you should make a sincere attempt to "get" others instead of expecting them to understand you.

Long, bloviating monologues only serve to alienate all those people whom you deem more stupid than you. Are you a talkative bore? Do you demand too much?

Try humility. Try honest self-criticism. Try listening. It'll transform your life.

I rarely talk.

And, I would tell you that I am a humble person, unless, and if it were not for the fact that, by telling you that I am humble might prove me to be less than humble.

I have great respect for those who are truly humble.

Humility is a state which only those having great learning and wisdom ever attain, I would immagine.

Additionally, humility is a cultural thing.

Those in America find it less easy to practice humility in their daily lives, just simply due to what is perceived as being most admirable.

For example, have you ever seen a humble basketball player?

What about a humble American Wrestling Federation guy?

The passion for humility in the AMF is probably nonexistent. 

• Confused 5

28 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Yawn and that is not because it is 3 in the morning

Is it 3 in the morning where you are?  Nice!

Did you ever happen to think that it might not be 3 AM in other parts of the world, even while it might be 3 in your house?

====

What is your Time Zone, anyway?

3 AM?

It is not yet 3 AM in Thailand.  Therefore you must be somewhere between Japan and Moscow.

All I know is that it is not yet 3 AM in BKK, at the moment.

My guess is that you are either in Hanoi or Singapore.

Correct?

Edited by GammaGlobulin

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you are really interested to communicate with those guys, why don't you join some forums (or whatever they have over there) from those Ivy League places? 

You are in a Thai forum, or more precise the Farang Pub, which is supposed to be for: fun, entertainment and Expat life.

If you would share picture of hot Thai university girls from the Ivy League then maybe it would fit here. But otherwise...

5bae2dc52600003600811f31.jpeg?ops=scalef

You mean, share some photos of hot Thai girls who graduated from Cornell?

2 minutes ago, Why Me said:

I suspect the OP tried but didn't get in. And thus began the long fall to AN pub.

Regarding Ivy League girls...

I never tried to get into their pants.

AN pub is not a long fall, in my opinion, nor a fall in any respect.

I actually really LIKE TV.

TV is a longstanding forum which is second to none in this part of the world.

I am not obsessed with TV.

Neither am I obsessed with much of anything.

Also, let me tell you something about being at an Ivy school, and about Asian women at Ivy schools....  OK?

Most Asian women, classmates of mine, at school, would never pay you the time of day in the lecture halls.

Maybe this is why I came to Thailand.

Because, here in Thailand, sometimes, Asian women are far less offputtish than their counterparts were in school.

Bookish women are very difficult to get to know, even though, I can imagine, they still have the same needs...and they still lubricate, just like a non-bookish woman.

All women lubricate when approached by a real man from the Ivy League.

They just can't get enough of us.

Dylan knew this, too....

I have always felt Dylan to be nothing more than a whining dog.

Dylan was a poet in his own mind.

Probably the most overrated pseudo-artist of this past millennium. 

While listening to Dylan, one finds it too difficult to contain utter laughter.

What a dog.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

University of Minnesota?

Big Ten or Ivy League? 

Harvard

Yale

Cornell

Princeton 

Dartmouth

Brown

Penn

Columbia

Minnesota, no no no no...

Oh Harvard has their crimson and Yale its colors too... but only ???? will wear the red and blue...

Hurrah, Hurrah, ???? 

I see only a couple of the universities mentioned so far make the world's top 10 universities:

QS World University Rankings 2022: Top Global Universities | Top Universities

As a Brit, I'm happy that my college does make the top 10 ???? .  But I prefer to discuss Asian women, food and the pleasures of life in this sub-forum, and leave the rocket science out of it ...

Edited by simon43
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I rarely talk.

And, I would tell you that I am a humble person, unless, and if it were not for the fact that, by telling you that I am humble might prove me to be less than humble.

I have great respect for those who are truly humble.

Humility is a state which only those having great learning and wisdom ever attain, I would immagine.

Additionally, humility is a cultural thing.

Those in America find it less easy to practice humility in their daily lives, just simply due to what is perceived as being most admirable.

For example, have you ever seen a humble basketball player?

What about a humble American Wrestling Federation guy?

The passion for humility in the AMF is probably nonexistent. 

You brag about your ..... humility. :coffee1: Hmm, Interesting.

And you write long, rambling posts while claiming to rarely talk.

There are plenty of humble sportsmen. Just because they're rich doesn't mean they're big-headed.

Pro Wrestling is entertainment, not a sport. Humility won't get anyone far in an over-the-top, hyped-up event such as Pro Wrestling.

As someone who brags about your Ivy League status, you should possess enough intelligence to know these facts.

• Like 2