Thailand suspends ‘Thailand Pass’ and ‘Test & Go’

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I was hoping to get back to the family in January, but hopefully they may remove it in mid jan when I was planning to go. Wont hold my breath though.

The interesting - and worrying thing - will now be to see if airlines completely stop flying to thailand until after mid January since a lot of the bookings will be expected bookings over the next few weeks.

You may well find that you have your Thai pass, but no airline !

Yes, same here. I’m in France. Im ok to do a Phuket sandbox as I’m flying there direct on the 15 th.  The worry then is rebooking my hotel for 7 days sandbox, and not being to fly cause France goes into lockdown and holidays banned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

The reality outside SA.

And in London it is mostly the unvaccinated ending up in hospital, still over 1.5million people not vaccinated. Rumors and talk now of restricting things unvaccinated can do, same as Austria. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geisha said:

Yes, same here. I’m in France. Im ok to do a Phuket sandbox as I’m flying there direct on the 15 th.  The worry then is rebooking my hotel for 7 days sandbox, and not being to fly cause France goes into lockdown and holidays banned. 

I assume the hotel where you booked you one-night quarantine will be glad to rebook you for a full quarantine after you pay the difference.

France will be banning holidays? Your own country stabbing you in the back.

EU wants to make the covidpassports NOT valid more then 9 months to those who dont get the booster.Here we go.Im happyi get my booster 7th january.Here in norway 86% of the people age over 65 take the booster allready.

Edited by stigar

Just now, JackGats said:

I assume the hotel where you booked you one-night quarantine will be glad to rebook you for a full quarantine after you pay the difference.

France will be banning holidays? Your own country stabbing you in the back.

There are already travel restrictions all over the place. If France goes into confinement, then you can’t go on holidays. Please correct me if I’m wrong, I’d love to be. Mentioned in such a case * only necessary ( imperious) travel allowed. 

1 minute ago, geisha said:

There are already travel restrictions all over the place. If France goes into confinement, then you can’t go on holidays. Please correct me if I’m wrong, I’d love to be. Mentioned in such a case * only necessary ( imperious) travel allowed. 

Depends. Germany has been several times in confinement but travel (including holidays) was never banned. Belgium for instance has a history of banning "all non essential travel".

• Thanks 1

Just now, JackGats said:

Depends. Germany has been several times in confinement but travel (including holidays) was never banned. Belgium for instance has a history of banning "all non essential travel".

Yes, I’ll just have to wait and see, or book my extra 6 days in Phuket and hope I can leave. Think I’ll do that. I’ll wait a few days see the updates first. All I know is that during our lockdowns’in France we weren’t allowed to travel outside our province .

9 minutes ago, geisha said:

You make simply an appointment with a thai doctor from a big hospital. Then you have a medical reason. Easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Wait I thought the NCPO was disbanded when he was made the PM and the CCSA was responsible for controlling covid.

.[4] The NCPO was formally dissolved following the swearing-in of the new cabinet on 16 July 2019.[5][6] Critics like former Thai ambassador Pithaya Pookaman charge that the NCPO "...is practically still very much intact. Its arbitrary power[s] ... transferred to the existing Internal Security Operations Command chaired by the prime minister."[7]

The "Internal Security Operations Command" should be changed to " Internal Security Usurpers Command" or ISUC for short!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Besides Bangkok, Phuket was 'the' destination for foreign tourists before the pandemic. And, as others have pointed out, traffic there is easily controllable.

The vaccination rate including booster jab for Phuket is among the highest in Thailand compared to other provinces. That could be another "bet" as to why Phuket Sandbox is still alive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I feel the same way about fat people, people that don't exercise, smokers and drinkers.

There's a lot to be said for forced vaccination, forced diet restrictions and forced exercise.

Maybe compulsory sterilisation for single moms as well.

All for their own good and the benefit of the NHS and welfare services of course.

There's a pretty strong argument for anyone who does anything at all that increases their risk of using NHS services to have waived any claim to it.

Dangerous or high-stressed job, risky sports, not looking both ways before crossing the road, wearing a camouflaged jacket, and so on.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

And in London it is mostly the unvaccinated ending up in hospital, still over 1.5million people not vaccinated. Rumors and talk now of restricting things unvaccinated can do, same as Austria. 

Sad that it has to come to this.  But if they only believe in vaccines once they're in the ICU, what else can we do?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stigar said:

EU wants to make the covidpassports NOT valid more then 9 months to those who dont get the booster.Here we go.Im happyi get my booster 7th january.Here in norway 86% of the people age over 65 take the booster allready.

Skandinavien is one of the most controlled area in the world.

It is striking to see the degree of which citizens obey the rules, they called confidence in the authorities, I call it brainwashing.

There are almost no protest whatsoever over the Government's policy, at least in Denmark, pretty sure it's not too much different in Norway.

The media is merely a Government channel news.

Don't get me wrong, I am not into conspiracies, I am vaccinated, but I see democracy slowly dissapear.

Can we get a bit of Mexico in Denmark, please?

Or some French resistance(not like under the 2nd WW though)?

Edited by drenddy
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

There's a pretty strong argument for anyone who does anything at all that increases their risk of using NHS services to have waived any claim to it.

Not quite. The cost of smoking to the NHS doesn't come anywhere near the amount of tax smokers pay.  If everyone stopped smoking tomorrow, other taxes would have to rise.