Thailand suspends ‘Thailand Pass’ and ‘Test & Go’

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Here to get home if you test positive prior to your flight you are essentially stranded in whatever country you're in and you need to quarantine there which can be tens of thousands of dollars.  

There's few countries where you have to pay for quarantine if you get a + PCR test before travelling.

You may get stranded and it will cost money but you won't get quarantined as such.

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Link to the topic?

Why would they refuse to pay the bills if it's covid insurance?

Maybe something in the small letters of the policy can make alot of problems.I dont havethe link but i remember the story.Maybe adm can find that or moderators.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

There's few countries where you have to pay for quarantine if you get a + PCR test before travelling.

You may get stranded and it will cost money but you won't get quarantined as such.

He means after arrival ex BKK i think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, H508 said:

Nobody knows yet. I'm sure there will be many (dozens!) in the same boat as you, including myself. It can't just be Bangkok hospitals since the purpose of test & go is to allow you to go elsewhere after your ~1 day stay is up. Probably going to be any gov-ran (ie, not private) hospital, of which you can find enough of those throughout Thailand. You'll just probably have to sit there for hours until your number is called...

Thanks for the reply. Sounds logical enough (and reassuring, no need to stay hanging in BKK for days). I don't mind waiting hours in a local hospital for the 2nd test, I have lots of time! ????

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Worst case scenario would be 2 weeks quarantine, i'd not rule that out just yet for all arrivals.

Worst case scenario would be Thailand closing its borders completely for high risk countries; like large parts of the EU will be within days, the UK has reached this state already.

For those saying the suspension of the Thailand Pass is a blow to tourism, I don't see it that way at all. Anyone willing to go through all the hoops required to obtain the Thailand Pass certainly aren't tourists. They are people with intimate ties to Thailand. As someone else said, Thai tourism is already dead. In my opinion, its in a coma.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spurs123 said:

i am booked to arrive 31st dec  i have all my documents thai pass  , hotel etc

what will this mean now or me

For you, as of this moment, what this means is that instead of receiving an ATK test kit for you to test yourself 5 or 6 days after your negative RT-PCR test upon arrival, you will need to have a second RT-PCR test at some government approved facility. At least this is my understanding of the current situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spurs123 said:

i am booked to arrive 31st dec  i have all my documents thai pass  , hotel etc

what will this mean now or me

As of right now with the info we have nothing has changed for you other than possibly a second PCR test at a later stage in a government facility not at your expense. Whether this will still be the case after fridays meeting is still to be seen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, donx said:

For you, as of this moment, what this means is that instead of receiving an ATK test kit for you to test yourself 5 or 6 days after your negative RT-PCR test upon arrival, you will need to have a second RT-PCR test at some government approved facility. At least this is my understanding of the current situation.

Yes, that is it, exactly. The health department has your phone number and Mo Chnaa tells them where you are and they will get in touch with you for the second PCR test. That's how I expect it to play out.

Another two weeks and we shall hear about from the first arrivals in January.

• Like 1

This whole fiasco should be looked at twice by long term expats & folks doing business living in Thailand

At the end of the day this pandemic is a small thing yet look at how Thailand has mishandled it from the start

Is Thailand a place you want to be when something much larger than Covid strikes?

It is very appropriate that Thailand's favorite song is The Hotel California

I'm guessing it is often played in Myanmar too

55 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Yes, that is it, exactly. The health department has your phone number and Mo Chnaa tells them where you are and they will get in touch with you for the second PCR test. That's how I expect it to play out.

Another two weeks and we shall hear about from the first arrivals in January.

Yes, this is no different from what they do in my home country when I fly in from abroad. They have my phone number and they text me a code for a test or sometimes two tests (which I have to pay out of my own pocket since I am no longer covered by the national health insurance). If I don't do the test(s) they will harass me on the phone until I do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally, I feel - like drunks - the NHS should make you pay the full care of your  treatment if you have no good reason for not taking the jab and come down with covid. We all have  a duty to protect our NHS and look after ourselves. You do not want to take the jab, that is up to you, I'm for free choice, but if you want NHS care for it and it could have been avoided, you get to pay the full cost of treatment

Couldn't agree more - I've been saying the same.  ????????????????????

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening but it's a great thought isn't it?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, drenddy said:

Overkill decision.

With no mass testing or genom sequencing, it's completely useless and merely a political decision.

Like in any other country, politicians must show the people, they do something.

Stop the Planet.I wanna get off.

You can't.....that counts as non-essential travel ????

4 hours ago, michel7752 said:

Let them pay for the cost of treatment.

I is OUR health system because WE pay the health premiums and contributions. To any unvaccinated idot who wants to stress OUR health system: o.k. - go ahead please - but you will have to cover the costs yourself.

By the way, I am against mandatory vaccination. Because I fully  respect the freedom and the right of any unvaccinated person to be an idot and to remain an idiot. But that person should not have the right any more to fly, to board a train, to shop, and not even to put one single foot into a pharmacy.

Abso - bloody - lutly! ????

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Abuse? LoL! The Vaxxiban's arguments get more cracy day by day.

It would appear that some anti-vaxxers get more desperate to justify their stance day by day  too.

11 minutes ago, sleepn said:

did anyone of you get the thailand pass after 24:00 bkk time? I applied 5 hours ago. But nothing so far ????

up to 7 days.

I got one after 24h, another 2 after 5 days.

from their website, posted now:

"

ประกาศ ด่วนที่สุด ! เริ่มต้นวันที่ 22 ธันวาคม 2564

• สืบเนื่องจากสถานการณ์โควิด-19 ในปัจจุบัน ทางการไทยจำเป็นต้องระงับ การลงทะเบียนเข้าประเทศไทยในรูปแบบ Test & Go และ Sandbox ตั้งแต่วันที่ 22 ธันวาคม 2564 เวลา 00.00 น.

• สำหรับการเดินทางเข้าประเทศในรูปแบบ Sandbox จะเปิดให้ลงทะเบียนเฉพาะพื้นที่จังหวัดภูเก็ตเท่านั้น (Phuket Sandbox / ต้องจองโรงแรมในจังหวัดภูเก็ต)

• สำหรับผู้ลงทะเบียนที่ได้รับการอนุมัติ Thailand Pass QR code ไปแล้ว จะยังคงใช้ QR code ดังกล่าวในการเดินทางเข้าประเทศไทยได้ ตามวันและรูปแบบที่ท่านลงทะเบียนไว้

• สำหรับผู้ที่ได้ลงทะเบียนไว้ก่อนเวลา 00.00 น. (ก่อน 22 ธันวาคม 2564) ระบบกำลังพิจารณาการลงทะเบียนของท่านและท่านจะได้รับแจ้งผลการพิจารณา

• สำหรับผู้ลงทะเบียนหลังเวลา 00.00 น. (เริ่มตั้งแต่ 22 ธันวาคม 2564) สามารถเดินทางเข้าประเทศไทยได้ในรูปแบบ Alternative Quarantine (AQ) เท่านั้น (ยกเว้นจังหวัดภูเก็ตที่ยังสามารถเข้าในรูปแบบ Sandbox และ Alternative Quarantine)

• ผู้เดินเข้าประเทศไทยในรูปแบบ Test & Go และ Sandbox จะต้องได้รับการตรวจ RT-PCR ครั้งที่ 2 ณ สถานที่ที่รัฐกำหนด โดยรัฐบาลไทยจะเป็นผู้รับผิดชอบค่าใช้จ่ายในการตรวจ"

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

up to 7 days.

I got one after 24h, another 2 after 5 days.

from their website, posted now:

"

ประกาศ ด่วนที่สุด ! เริ่มต้นวันที่ 22 ธันวาคม 2564

• สืบเนื่องจากสถานการณ์โควิด-19 ในปัจจุบัน ทางการไทยจำเป็นต้องระงับ การลงทะเบียนเข้าประเทศไทยในรูปแบบ Test & Go และ Sandbox ตั้งแต่วันที่ 22 ธันวาคม 2564 เวลา 00.00 น.

• สำหรับการเดินทางเข้าประเทศในรูปแบบ Sandbox จะเปิดให้ลงทะเบียนเฉพาะพื้นที่จังหวัดภูเก็ตเท่านั้น (Phuket Sandbox / ต้องจองโรงแรมในจังหวัดภูเก็ต)

• สำหรับผู้ลงทะเบียนที่ได้รับการอนุมัติ Thailand Pass QR code ไปแล้ว จะยังคงใช้ QR code ดังกล่าวในการเดินทางเข้าประเทศไทยได้ ตามวันและรูปแบบที่ท่านลงทะเบียนไว้

• สำหรับผู้ที่ได้ลงทะเบียนไว้ก่อนเวลา 00.00 น. (ก่อน 22 ธันวาคม 2564) ระบบกำลังพิจารณาการลงทะเบียนของท่านและท่านจะได้รับแจ้งผลการพิจารณา

• สำหรับผู้ลงทะเบียนหลังเวลา 00.00 น. (เริ่มตั้งแต่ 22 ธันวาคม 2564) สามารถเดินทางเข้าประเทศไทยได้ในรูปแบบ Alternative Quarantine (AQ) เท่านั้น (ยกเว้นจังหวัดภูเก็ตที่ยังสามารถเข้าในรูปแบบ Sandbox และ Alternative Quarantine)

• ผู้เดินเข้าประเทศไทยในรูปแบบ Test & Go และ Sandbox จะต้องได้รับการตรวจ RT-PCR ครั้งที่ 2 ณ สถานที่ที่รัฐกำหนด โดยรัฐบาลไทยจะเป็นผู้รับผิดชอบค่าใช้จ่ายในการตรวจ"

Thank you so much, that gives me hope!

in English:

• For those who registered before 00.00 (before 22 December 2021), the system is considering your registration and you will be notified of the result.
Edited by sleepn
typo