Thailand suspends ‘Thailand Pass’ and ‘Test & Go’

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Appropriate and correct decision. This variant is highly infectious and target visitors are from countries where infection rates are critically unmanageable. 

Where has Covid been managed properly........do tell and only include those with links to prove your post...

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally, I feel - like drunks - the NHS should make you pay the full care of your  treatment if you have no good reason for not taking the jab and come down with covid. We all have  a duty to protect our NHS and look after ourselves. You do not want to take the jab, that is up to you, I'm for free choice, but if you want NHS care for it and it could have been avoided, you get to pay the full cost of treatment

Cannot see anyone disagreeing with that.

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Skandinavien is one of the most controlled area in the world.

It is striking to see the degree of which citizens obey the rules, they called confidence in the authorities, I call it brainwashing.

There are almost no protest whatsoever over the Government's policy, at least in Denmark, pretty sure it's not too much different in Norway.

The media is merely a Government channel news.

Don't get me wrong, I am not into conspiracies, I am vaccinated, but I see democracy slowly dissapear.

Can we get a bit of Mexico in Denmark, please?

Or some French resistance(not like under the 2nd WW though)?

Because we are spoiled with benefits that other countries can just dream about.Yes..we pay taxes but its how we do it.Im satisfied.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Farangus said:

Is there any information on the number of days of quarantine for those, who has 2 doses of vaccine? (who could previously use Pattaya Sandbox). 7 days in AQ hotel or 10 days?

TAT says 7 days, but Phuket Sandbox is only one left alive 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

TAT says 7 days, but Phuket Sandbox is only one left alive 

Air tickets to Bangkok have already been purchased.  Too expensive to change to Phuket ... So it is interesting to know about quarantine in Bangkok or Pattaya (how many days)

36 minutes ago, Farangus said:

Is there any information on the number of days of quarantine for those, who has 2 doses of vaccine? (who could previously use Pattaya Sandbox). 7 days in AQ hotel or 10 days?

4 minutes ago, Farangus said:

Air tickets to Bangkok have already been purchased.  Too expensive to change to Phuket ... So it is interesting to know about quarantine in Bangkok or Pattaya (how many days)

Have you already registered for the Thailand Pass? 

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Thanks for that, I hope it is correct but its not official and as you will know, anything can happen/change.  Very reassuring though.

For the official announcement (and possible future updates) go to this page on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA):

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/ระบบ-thailand-pass-จะปิดรับการลงทะเบียน-สำหรับการเ?cate=5ddbe42115e39c4768007e1d

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Very interesting, looks like those of us that applied in advance like I did for a return in February are grandfathered in for the Test N Go.....keeping my fingers crossed it does not change before I fly out to the States after the new years and then return as I said.

Based on the current announcement on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) you are grandfathered but as you say, keep your fingers crossed hoping it won't change:

2. Applicants who have registered, but have not received their QR Code must wait for their Thailand Pass to be considered / approved. Once approved, they can enter Thailand under the scheme they have registered.

Source: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/ระบบ-thailand-pass-จะปิดรับการลงทะเบียน-สำหรับการเ?cate=5ddbe42115e39c4768007e1d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Not interesting at all, quarantine is 10 days solitary confinement prison style, locked in a box with no human contact and no booze, harshest punishment in hard-core prisons is now considered 'Amazing Thailand' 

Booze is possible.

I have 15 days to do starting xmas day night!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

May I ask a question?  

Why would anyone who posts here or reads here regularly find this flip flop at all surprising?  If you are planning on travelling to Thailand nobody is counting on anything being the same week to week.  

Travel is very difficult right now.  The whole world is changing policies left right and centre.  South Africa was all but cut off until recently.  

Expect more no matter where you travel.  

I agree with u.I took 15 days quarantene earlier this year but then i was aware of that.After i stayed 2,5 months with my lady.She told me to wait this time so i did.I have booked a fligth 30th of march that i can change of i need that.People look desperate to go down now even its cost alot and they dont have a clue what can happend the next days/week.Anyway their own choice.I just want to remind them of the guy who tested positive earlier and he had to pay 300.000 bath for the hospital.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stigar said:

I agree with u.I took 15 days quarantene earlier this year but then i was aware of that.After i stayed 2,5 months with my lady.She told me to wait this time so i did.I have booked a fligth 30th of march that i can change of i need that.People look desperate to go down now even its cost alot and they dont have a clue what can happend the next days/week.Anyway their own choice.I just want to remind them of the guy who tested positive earlier and he had to pay 300.000 bath for the hospital.

The guy that paid 300K must have had insurance as it's one of the requirements for TP as it was for CoE.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Puccini said:

For the official announcement (and possible future updates) go to this page on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA):

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/ระบบ-thailand-pass-จะปิดรับการลงทะเบียน-สำหรับการเ?cate=5ddbe42115e39c4768007e1d

Question for those who already have a TP. The official site (link above) quotes :

"4. Passengers who will arrive in Thailand under Test and Go and Sandbox Programme must undergo their 2nd COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique (not ATK self-test) at government-designated facilities (no additional cost)."

The question then is re. the second test: when and where? I'm arriving in 2 weeks in BKK and have planned to fly straight up-country the day after arrival (hoping of course that the first test will be negative). It the "where" question that is more burning, actually : I hope "the gvt designated facility" will be in the main city up-country where I'm going. Does anyone in this discussion know more about it?

I understand btw that Thailand want to screen more arrivals, no pbm with that given the circumstances. But I find the "government-designated facilities" rather vague...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The guy that paid 300K must have had insurance as it's one of the requirements for TP as it was for CoE.

Yes..but they refuse to pay.His wife and child had to stay in a wery expencive QA-hotel as well.The story was a topic here some time ago.

3 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Question for those who already have a TP. The official site (link above) quotes :

"4. Passengers who will arrive in Thailand under Test and Go and Sandbox Programme must undergo their 2nd COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR technique (not ATK self-test) at government-designated facilities (no additional cost)."

The question then is re. the second test: when and where? I'm arriving in 2 weeks in BKK and have planned to fly straight up-country the day after arrival (hoping of course that the first test will be negative). It the "where" question that is more burning, actually : I hope "the gvt designated facility" will be in the main city up-country where I'm going. Does anyone in this discussion know more about it?

I understand btw that Thailand want to screen more arrivals, no pbm with that given the circumstances. But I find the "government-designated facilities" rather vague...

Nobody knows yet. I'm sure there will be many (dozens!) in the same boat as you, including myself. It can't just be Bangkok hospitals since the purpose of test & go is to allow you to go elsewhere after your ~1 day stay is up. Probably going to be any gov-ran (ie, not private) hospital, of which you can find enough of those throughout Thailand. You'll just probably have to sit there for hours until your number is called...

42 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Have you already registered for the Thailand Pass? 

I didn't have time to do it.  My second vaccination is tomorrow and I don't have a certificate.  I could not get vaccinated earlier because  was ill with covid in October.

35 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Thanks for that but some parts of that are at odds with Richard Barrow's report.  You would expect the version that you have posted to be the more accurate one but we are talking about Thailand, that's not always the case and nothing's ever clear.

Whatever, for the majority of us that have already got our Thailand Passes and prepared everything, these announcements are much better than some (me) were expecting.

The real losers are those working in the Thai Tourist Industry which must surely be breathing its last few breaths by now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H508 said:

Nobody knows yet. I'm sure there will be many (dozens!) in the same boat as you, including myself. It can't just be Bangkok hospitals since the purpose of test & go is to allow you to go elsewhere after your ~1 day stay is up. Probably going to be any gov-ran (ie, not private) hospital, of which you can find enough of those throughout Thailand. You'll just probably have to sit there for hours until your number is called...

If you did know and this was well thought out by the government of Thailand it would be abnormal.  IT's all the fun of Thailand travel, isn't it?  

• Haha 2