New Year Countdown Events Confirmed

webfact

ny.jpg

BANGKOK (TNA) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will proceed with its planned New Year countdown events to demonstrate readiness for country reopening but COVID-19 control measures will be stepped up.

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said New Year countdown events would happen as planned unless the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) had a different decision.

Although the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended countries cancel Christmas and New Year events, New Year transitional festivals would show readiness for country reopening and the balance between public health promotion and economic recovery and also prove successful disease control, he said.

Full  story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-847525

tnalogo.jpg
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK (TNA) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will proceed with its planned New Year countdown events to demonstrate readiness for country reopening but COVID-19 control measures will be stepped up.

let me alter the last that last sentence 

but COVID-19 spreading  measures will be stepped up.

• Thanks 2

Cancel test and go yet let the new year celebrations and travel continue............I was never in agreement with canceling the test and go but if you're going to do that then at least be consistent and curb the potential spread from these mass events. 

• Like 1

Absolutely zero chance of said New Years Eve celebrations going ahead.

People know it and are already leaving, the road up North through Korat was gridlocked yesterday late afternoon.

Get ready for the next Lockdown folks, they are not finished destroying the economy yet. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

So TAT are ignoring the spread of Omicron in favour of profit yet again.

So do you have the same opinion "Thailand ignoring safety, with Test & Go" or do you think they should have kept 7-11-16 day quarantine the whole time.

Or is this just selective Thai bashing.

• Like 1

Phuket have cancelled the 6am next morning opening on New Year's Eve and reinstated it to 1am.

I believe the Bangkok BIB where sniffing about Pattaya last night. Many "bar/restaurants" are not officially licensed and i know one owner who has closed again for a couple of nights just in case.

Data clearly now showing that a booster dose is the best thing to protect against omicron. Thailand still only 7% of the population boosted.

Buckle up for the ride.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

So do you have the same opinion "Thailand ignoring safety, with Test & Go" or do you think they should have kept 7-11-16 day quarantine the whole time.

Or is this just selective Thai bashing.

No, it's not selective Thai bashing.

what I'm saying is one faction of the government is saying stay safe, self test and observe rules.

Another is re-instating quarantine rules on arrivals, and another is saying travel, spend and enjoy the provincial festivities en-masse which have been given the go-ahead.

Mixed messages.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No, it's not selective Thai bashing.

what I'm saying is one faction of the government is saying stay safe, self test and observe rules.

Another is re-instating quarantine rules on arrivals, and another is saying travel, spend and enjoy the provincial festivities en-masse which have been given the go-ahead.

Mixed messages.

Can't argue that.  My opinion:  

1. keep the country closed to tourist or quarantine 16 days

2. more importantly, promote domestic travel much more

Came back from surfside, and 'local' tour bus, with folks snapping away for their selfie portfolio, with restaurant across the street packed out, and that was noon.  On a freakin' Thursday, probably seats 100, outside / surfside.   

Actually it's been very crowded here on weekends, and not an intern'l tourist destination.  Just those folks tired of the Hua Hin hassle, and will drive the extra hour south to relax.

so vaccinated  foreigners effectively banned Thais not fully or with spurious  vaccinations  can wander about anywhere

Here we go again let make few bob for our mates and mess everyone else up a few weeks later