Omicron is here is it time to get boosted?

yogi yogi

21 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

There is not enough employees. There out sick.

"Essential workers slammed again as Omicron variant spreads".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-omicron-essential-workers/

Just stay on top of the news and avoid your conspiracy theories and you'll be fine little guy.

Are they actually "sick" or just tested positive and have to self isolate?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

As they use exactly the same vaccine they used for the first 2 doors as a booster how can the booster be effective when the original is not?  

Try a shot of vodka and then try 3. Tell me the difference. But vaccines don't just add immunity, its more like 1 shot, 3 shots, then 9 shots. Now try to walk.

You are right that current vaccines are less efficient against Omicron, but that argues for more, not less vaccine.

And yes, after all the talk about rapid vaccine adaptation, its clear SARS-2 can move faster. Scientists say they're very surprised about the pace of mutation. Another argument for, not against vaccines.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rabas said:

Try a shot of vodka and then try 3. Tell me the difference. But vaccines don't just add immunity, its more like 1 shot, 3 shots, then 9 shots. Now try to walk.

You are right that current vaccines are less efficient against Omicron, but that argues for more, not less vaccine.

And yes, after all the talk about rapid vaccine adaptation, its clear SARS-2 can move faster. Scientists say they're very surprised about the pace of mutation. Another argument for, not against vaccines.

I have no idea if you are arguing to use more jabs or being sarcastic.

However, if for more jabs, eventually even the rich west is going to run out of money for more jabs and the poor world will curse the west for hogging all the vaccine- what happened to "caring about other people", or do poor people in poor countries not count?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are they actually "sick" or just tested positive and have to self isolate?

Whatever is happening its causing a lot of headaches.

Once it entrenches here it'll be pretty bad.  Probably worse as not many isolate and it keeps spreading.

I'm surprised schools are still opening.

Not for long.

I'm glad I'm just staying close to home with the family over New Years.

Happy New Year.

Phuket Govt Walk In Booster Program with US-donated Moderna & Pfizer started 13 DEC in Patong.

Ironic that I failed to Buy Moderna Primary Vax but ended up getting it as Free Booster after AZx2 Free Govt Primary Vax.Was just on the 3 mth from 2nd jab borderline. Now EU & UK recognize MOPH Digital Vax Pass for nine months + booster extn. I can freely work & travel in Europe again, come Spring. Not returning until warmer March though ……

Plan then to get the Winter Flu / Covid Cocktail next OCT……..

18 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

As they use exactly the same vaccine they used for the first 2 doors as a booster how can the booster be effective when the original is not?  

Just read western medical reports. AZ x 3 is very effective for Omicron even though AZ x 2 appears not. Best though to get mRNA Boosters it seems. All to do with Antibody Boosting which ALL western Vax do sufficiently in any combo.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

What was it?

They were only offering boosters to people that have had:

Sinovac, Sinopharm, or Astra Zeneca.

Good for them as Sinovac is proving practically useless in tests even with a booster.

"Sinovac booster insufficient against omicron, study shows"

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Sinovac-booster-insufficient-against-omicron-study-shows

The people who got Pfeizer/Pheizer weren't included.

Also Bang Sue  train station was fully booked.

I'm getting a Moderna booster Jan. 11, but I have to travel to Bangkok, about 10 hours drive.

Why is it so difficult for some people to understand that effectiveness can mean different things in regards to vaccines? A vaccine can still be relatively ineffective against transmission and mild symptoms, but very effective against serious illness and death. Antibody production is only part of the immune system's arsenal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

The original vaxes wane over time but a booster shot increases your immunity many times over the original shot. Can also mix the shots, take a different booster that trigers other area of immune system.

COVID vaccine cocktails: A guide to mixing and matching Pfizer, Moderna, J&J booster shots

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-vaccine-cocktails-guide-mixing-110122959.html

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have no idea if you are arguing to use more jabs or being sarcastic.

However, if for more jabs, eventually even the rich west is going to run out of money for more jabs and the poor world will curse the west for hogging all the vaccine- what happened to "caring about other people", or do poor people in poor countries not count?

Even at the retail cost of the most expensive vaccines, to vaccinate everyone on the planet would cost about 140 billion dollars. And that figure is obviously very inflated. 

On 12/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, MrJ2U said:

There is not enough employees. There out sick.

"Essential workers slammed again as Omicron variant spreads".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-omicron-essential-workers/

Just stay on top of the news and avoid your conspiracy theories and you'll be fine little guy.

yes im wondering if a person who is vacced got covid from an unvacced person on a plane they could sue the airline for neglect

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

The original vaxes wane over time but a booster shot increases your immunity many times over the original shot. Can also mix the shots, take a different booster that trigers other area of immune system.

COVID vaccine cocktails: A guide to mixing and matching Pfizer, Moderna, J&J booster shots

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-vaccine-cocktails-guide-mixing-110122959.html

……and now they are saying the boosters wane after 10 weeks so it’s a never ending cycle of jabs. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

……and now they are saying the boosters wane after 10 weeks so it’s a never ending cycle of jabs. 

Care you must specify , Pfizer says it's booster may wane after 10 weeks, not the Moderna booster.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

From your link:

For those who had two initial doses of Pfizer/BioNTech, protection falls from 70 per cent at 2 to 4 weeks to 45 per cent at 10 weeks after a Pfizer booster, but stays around 70 to 75 per cent up to 9 weeks after a Moderna booster.

Booster Shots and Omicron: Is Moderna or Pfizer Performing Better? Here's the Data So Far
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/booster-shots-and-omicron-is-moderna-or-pfizer-performing-better-heres-the-data-so-far/2711734/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

From your link:

For those who had two initial doses of Pfizer/BioNTech, protection falls from 70 per cent at 2 to 4 weeks to 45 per cent at 10 weeks after a Pfizer booster, but stays around 70 to 75 per cent up to 9 weeks after a Moderna booster.

Booster Shots and Omicron: Is Moderna or Pfizer Performing Better? Here's the Data So Far
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/booster-shots-and-omicron-is-moderna-or-pfizer-performing-better-heres-the-data-so-far/2711734/

but what after 9 weeks . 9 weeks is not very long. i think what is happening is we all will get covid . the strong will live and the weak will die

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

From your link:

if u look at the amount of people getting boosted in usa. its pretty low.  like 25% or something like that are boosting

31 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Pure speculation, just because the boosters wane does not mean the innate immunity through the B and T cells do. Those are by all reports expected to remain intact.

• Like 1

Just now, yogi yogi said:

if u look at the amount of people getting boosted in usa. its pretty low.  like 25% or something like that are boosting

Nobody as far as I know got boosters in South Africa and the Omi wave there has decreased and continues to do so. These boosters are precautions and ones that everyone should take but may not be the long term solution.

14 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

Only because some are waiting like me because resently had shots and will recieve the booster in Jan. Others who are young and in good  health may figure thay don't need a booster for  mild Omicron infections.  Also they only resently started recommending boosters.

Thailand considers triple AstraZeneca vaccine regimen to fight Omicron variant

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-considers-triple-astrazeneca-vaccine-regimen-to-fight-omicron-variant/?utm_source=thaip.bs&utm_medium=urlshortener&utm_campaign&utm_term&utm_content

Edited by Tony125
correction

32 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Only because some are waiting like me because resently had shots and will recieve the booster in Jan. Others who are young and in good  health may figure thay don't need a booster for  mild Omicron infections.  Also they only resently started recommending boosters.

Thailand considers triple AstraZeneca vaccine regimen to fight Omicron variant

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-considers-triple-astrazeneca-vaccine-regimen-to-fight-omicron-variant/?utm_source=thaip.bs&utm_medium=urlshortener&utm_campaign&utm_term&utm_content

i dont see omnicron in big numbers here . so i wait.  but if it expands i hope my two jabs of moderna will be enuf

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Why is it so difficult for some people to understand that effectiveness can mean different things in regards to vaccines? A vaccine can still be relatively ineffective against transmission and mild symptoms, but very effective against serious illness and death. Antibody production is only part of the immune system's arsenal.

Yes we know that.

Thanks for the useless post anyways.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

yes im wondering if a person who is vacced got covid from an unvacced person on a plane they could sue the airline for neglect

Probably not.

Its happening thousands of times a week.

I think its a chance you take and probably in fine print.

2 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

Probably difficult to prove but easy to solve as Unvaccinated shouldn't be allowed within a mile of any airport 

• Like 2