Omicron is here is it time to get boosted?

yogi yogi

48 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Yes we know that.

Thanks for the useless post anyways.

Yet you wrote this
"Good for them as Sinovac is proving practically useless in tests even with a booster."

And if Sinovac is "practically useless" then why does it seem to be quite effective when boosted with other vaccines? You think the immune response would be the same if those inoculated with an adenovirus or mRNA booster would have the same response if they hadn't been inoculated with Sinovac?

Just because Sinovac isn't as useful as other vaccines, that doesn't make it "practically useless."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rabas said:

Try a shot of vodka and then try 3. Tell me the difference. But vaccines don't just add immunity, its more like 1 shot, 3 shots, then 9 shots. Now try to walk.

You are right that current vaccines are less efficient against Omicron, but that argues for more, not less vaccine.

And yes, after all the talk about rapid vaccine adaptation, its clear SARS-2 can move faster. Scientists say they're very surprised about the pace of mutation. Another argument for, not against vaccines.

Sure, it's like try fill 1 litter of gasoline in a diesel car. If it doesn't work add more gasoline, maybe it'll work better...

And it's not so much the virus move faster as Pfizer promise to be able to tweak the vaccine in 4-6 weeks was probably BS.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yet you wrote this
"Good for them as Sinovac is proving practically useless in tests even with a booster."

And if Sinovac is "practically useless" then why does it seem to be quite effective when boosted with other vaccines? You think the immune response would be the same if those inoculated with an adenovirus or mRNA booster would have the same response if they hadn't been inoculated with Sinovac?

Just because Sinovac isn't as useful as other vaccines, that doesn't make it "practically useless."

You haven't a clue.

"Sinovac  booster insufficient against omicron, study shows"

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Sinovac-booster-insufficient-against-omicron-study-shows

You can see whats happening in China.

"China's local COVID-19 case count driven to 21-month high by Xi'an outbreak"

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/chinas-local-covid-19-case-count-driven-21-month-high-xian-outbreak-2401521

Mystifying your love affair with Sinovac knows no bounds.

A little education and reading perhaps would enlighten you.

Now move along. Don't mess with big boys.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

trigers other area of immune system.

What do you mean deferent areas in the immune system? As in 1 vaccine protect your arm and the other your leg? 

There are currently 3 technologies that try to teach the body to fight Corona: 

1. Traditional vaccines (Chinese) that use weakened or dead covid virus

2. mRNA that deliver the spikes protein to the body's cells without the virus itself

3. Using an GMO non harmful to humans virus that through the genetic modification imitates the covid virus. 

3 hours ago, Tony125 said:

From your link: Antibody level increase against Omicron after different size mRNA boosters.

Pfizer       30 µg  booster = 27 fold

Moderna  50 µg  booster = 37 fold

Moderna 100 µg  booster = 83 fold

Surprisingly clear evidence that booster size equates to stronger antibody protection. Most paid for Moderna shots in Thailand are 100µg AFAIK.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

What do you mean deferent areas in the immune system? As in 1 vaccine protect your arm and the other your leg? 

There are currently 3 technologies that try to teach the body to fight Corona: 

1. Traditional vaccines (Chinese) that use weakened or dead covid virus

2. mRNA that deliver the spikes protein to the body's cells without the virus itself

3. Using an GMO non harmful to humans virus that through the genetic modification imitates the covid virus. 

Wow , I am not going to wite a dozen pages to explain it to you but see if this helps. You showed 3 different ways the present in use vaccines were made . There are others ready to be tested on the way such as protein made vaxes.

Read the link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/how-they-work.html

Different types of vaccines work in different ways to offer protection. But with all types of vaccines, the body is left with a supply of “memory” T-lymphocytes as well as B-lymphocytes that will remember how to fight that virus in the future.

Yes it's a good idea to have a booster, but endless shots every 12 weeks to bolster dwindling antibodies is no answer, especially as this latest variant may be less harmful.

Omricon has shifted the lie of the land to T cell protection and we should judge a vaccines worth on the basis of its ability to prevent severe illness.  Fortunately, they all come up trumps on that score, and recipients of AZ can feel particularly satisfied.

13 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Just read western medical reports. AZ x 3 is very effective for Omicron even though AZ x 2 appears not. Best though to get mRNA Boosters it seems. All to do with Antibody Boosting which ALL western Vax do sufficiently in any combo.

If people wouldn't get an mRNA vax in the first place, why would anyone expect them to get one as a booster?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

Even at the retail cost of the most expensive vaccines, to vaccinate everyone on the planet would cost about 140 billion dollars. And that figure is obviously very inflated. 

and just who is going to pay the 140 billion? Western taxpayers- yeah right, poor country taxpayers- yeah right, print the money ( like they are apparently doing already )- hello 1980's style inflation.

There is no free lunch and unless big pharma releases the patents so the stuff can cost pennies ( good luck with that! ) IMO it's never going to happen.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Tony125 said:

But with all types of vaccines, the body is left with a supply of “memory” T-lymphocytes as well as B-lymphocytes that will remember how to fight that virus in the future.

Apparently not so as it seems the body keeps forgetting hence 3rd jab (1st booster) was introduced 6 months after people were fully vaccinated, and now recommended as short as 3 months after 2nd jab. And now in some countries they recommend yet ANOTHER booster 3-4 months after the 3rd jab

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and just who is going to pay the 140 billion? Western taxpayers- yeah right, poor country taxpayers- yeah right, print the money ( like they are apparently doing already )- hello 1980's style inflation.

There is no free lunch and unless big pharma releases the patents so the stuff can cost pennies ( good luck with that! ) IMO it's never going to happen.

Your claim was that the "However, if for more jabs, eventually even the rich west is going to run out of money for more jabs and the poor world will curse the west for hogging all the vaccine- what happened to "caring about other people", or do poor people in poor countries not count? "rich west" was event"

140 billion is not going to make the west 'run out of money.' And as I pointed out that was the high end estimate and not realistic. What's more, you seem confused. On the one hand, you claim that the West can't afford to help vaccinate the poorer nations, and on the other, you blame the West for "hogging all the vaccine". Your remark was remarkably incoherent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Apparently not so as it seems the body keeps forgetting hence 3rd jab (1st booster) was introduced 6 months after people were fully vaccinated, and now recommended as short as 3 months after 2nd jab. And now in some countries they recommend yet ANOTHER booster 3-4 months after the 3rd jab

Excellent news for shareholders in vaccine companies.

IMO people will just turn off if it's another jab every 3 or 2 or 1 month. Apparently in the town where I live some restaurants are not bothering with the vaccine passport any more. I can only expect that to become more common and once that happens some will decide not to bother with multiple boosters, especially if few are being hospitalised and hardly any dying.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:19 AM, placeholder said:

Your claim was that the "However, if for more jabs, eventually even the rich west is going to run out of money for more jabs and the poor world will curse the west for hogging all the vaccine- what happened to "caring about other people", or do poor people in poor countries not count? "rich west" was event"

140 billion is not going to make the west 'run out of money.' And as I pointed out that was the high end estimate and not realistic. What's more, you seem confused. On the one hand, you claim that the West can't afford to help vaccinate the poorer nations, and on the other, you blame the West for "hogging all the vaccine". Your remark was remarkably incoherent.

LOL. Apparently the west has already run out of money, which is why they are printing so much of it. I'm waiting for the inflation to really get going, and the screaming to start. Prices of everything are already going up. Petrol prices are going to get political real soon IMO. New house prices increasing fast because of price rises. It's not looking good at all for the government.

If the taxpayers revolt, western countries won't be giving free vaccine out to other countries, and if western countries are giving out boosters every 3 months IMO they are going to be hogging the vaccine.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Apparently the west has already run out of money, which is why they are printing so much of it. I'm waiting for the inflation to really get going, and the screaming to start. Prices of everything are already going up. Petrol prices are going to get political real soon IMO. New house prices increasing fast because of price rises. It's not looking good at all for the government.

If the taxpayers revolt, western countries won't be giving free vaccine out to other countries, and if western countries are giving out boosters every 3 months IMO they are going to be hogging the vaccine.

Your remark was remarkably incoherent.

end quote

Excellent response. Have you considered becoming a literary critic? You could go far.

:coffee1:

Stop trying to deflect with your silly economic arguments. You said the west was going to run out of money if it had to pay for covid vaccinations. That's clearly ridiculouos. But no more ridiculous than your economic analysis, if "analysis" isn't really the right word for your observations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, rabas said:

From your link: Antibody level increase against Omicron after different size mRNA boosters.

Pfizer       30 µg  booster = 27 fold

Moderna  50 µg  booster = 37 fold

Moderna 100 µg  booster = 83 fold

Surprisingly clear evidence that booster size equates to stronger antibody protection. Most paid for Moderna shots in Thailand are 100µg AFAIK.

Right, so even if say 10x antibody is sufficient boost, must get max 87x AB because more is better right? 

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can't say I would worry about not getting a vaccine that doesn't appear to do much.

Can't say I worry about a disease that doesn't kill very many fit people either.

I am amazed about the number of cowardly old folk though.

And whom appear to have no shame in displaying their fearful nature.

When I was young, men didn't ever show fear.

“I am amazed about the number of cowardly old folk though.

And whom appear to have no shame in displaying their fearful nature.

When I was young, men didn't ever show fear.”

Easy enough to call others cowards…. from behind your keyboard:

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/mid-south/102-year-old-wwii-hero-becomes-first-veteran-at-missouri-va-hospital-to-get-covid-vaccine/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, MrJ2U said:

There is not enough employees. There out sick.

"Essential workers slammed again as Omicron variant spreads".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-omicron-essential-workers/

Just stay on top of the news and avoid your conspiracy theories and you'll be fine little guy.

And I am supposed to trust CBS or MSM in the U.S.

I am not saying that people are out sick.  What I am saying is that there is no proof that omicron is as deadly at Delta.  

Considering the number of vaxxed and boosted people that are getting it is still not shown that a booster shot has much of an effect.

Also the last thing an airline wants to do is have someone that is sick or thinks they may be as crew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Right, so even if say 10x antibody is sufficient boost, must get max 87x AB because more is better right? 

I’m being Sarcastic????tired of frightened people stating higher qty boosters are “better” than lower qty but sufficient boosters. western mfrs would simply not produce ineffective size boosters, whether 30 or 100 size…….????

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

And I am supposed to trust CBS or MSM in the U.S.

I am not saying that people are out sick.  What I am saying is that there is no proof that omicron is as deadly at Delta.  

Considering the number of vaxxed and boosted people that are getting it is still not shown that a booster shot has much of an effect.

Also the last thing an airline wants to do is have someone that is sick or thinks they may be as crew.

Considering the number of vaxxed and boosted people that are getting it is still not shown that a booster shot has much of an effect.”

Unless of course you look at the incidence of serious illness, hospitalization and deaths. (All the stuff rational people wish to avoid).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LukKrueng said:
On 12/26/2021 at 7:23 PM, Tony125 said:

But with all types of vaccines, the body is left with a supply of “memory” T-lymphocytes as well as B-lymphocytes that will remember how to fight that virus in the future.

Thats due to diminishing ‘antibodies’ which ‘paint’ the virus so that the T-lymphocytes as well as B-lymphocytes can ‘attack’ them.

Immunity relies on a combination of both (T-lymphocytes & B-lymphocytes and Antibodies).

1 hour ago, Virt said:

This strong man that won world and euro titles in kickboxing, died after getting covid.

I'm pretty sure he was more fit and Healthy than 99,9999 % on these fora, and yet he died after getting covid.

That's really sad if a vaccine would have saved his life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10345933/Anti-vaxxer-kickboxing-champion-refused-acknowledge-Covid-discharged-dies.html

Apparently his nickname was the Undertaker now his birds had to phone one ???????????? 

On 12/25/2021 at 4:17 AM, LukKrueng said:

As they use exactly the same vaccine they used for the first 2 doors as a booster how can the booster be effective when the original is not?  

Here's an analogy you might understand. You just finished  your first drink. Nothing. You finish your second drink. Still nothing. You drink your third drink. Ahhh, there's the buzz.

I get my fourth Pfizer jab tomorrow. Wheeeee.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

in other words airlines are spreading covid around by allowing unvacced on plane

I thought you had to be vaccinated to fly.

In any case theres a lot of traveling during these holidays and obviously its going to spread to every knook and cranny here in Thailand.