Availability of Premium diesel

Max Brok

Copy and Paste as the " Quote feature does not work for some reason"........Max Brok..In area of Nong Buarawe and Chaiyaphum I can not find a station who have premium diesel. How I can find?

I found one ESSO station but not available anymore The price tac was 00.00

I use this pump , don't know the name of it. Just when I see this sign I find they usually have premium. Just to emphasise , this is not in the area you mention.

P.S. Where is the contact admin button gone ?

Screenshot 2021-12-26 at 21.45.56.png

Edited by NE1

2 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Never tried premium, but I am surprised how much difference there is between brands. On a tank of PTT diesel my car get at most 550km, whereas on Shell I’ll get close to 700. 

Likely they squeeze in as much of the expensive stuff they can, Regular fill up they do by getting as close as they can to a nice round number for giving change.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Never tried premium, but I am surprised how much difference there is between brands. On a tank of PTT diesel my car get at most 550km, whereas on Shell I’ll get close to 700. 

How many litres is 'a tank'? If it is 70 litres, then you are getting 10km/l on Shell and 7.8 on PTT. Not possible unless you are driving differently.

Are you comparing absolutely full to full?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

Every station I have been to - PT, Ban Chak, PTT - has both grades of diesel.

Would be surprised if they are not available nationwide.

Altho' many stations have been pushing B10 since last spring

Kid saying B10 better - I reply B jet krup

Edited by seedy

47 minutes ago, seedy said:

Every station I have been to - PT, Ban Chak, PTT - has both grades of diesel.

Would be surprised if they are not available nationwide.

Altho' many stations have been pushing B10 since last spring

Kid saying B10 better - I reply B jet krup

B10 is usually cheapest and if the engine is designed to adjust to run on it as is mine no problem. 

B20 was even cheaper but not enough was sold in our PTT around our way so done away with. 

Many old diesel vehicles around out way that need service manual  adjustments so B7 is mostly the one that sells the most. 

20 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

I'm getting 16.66kpl on my Revo 2018 truck......40,000km, fill up and excel sheet everytime.  I squeezed out 18.68kpl on one tank.......but a single tank isn't a good gauge.

1 hour ago, kokesaat said:

I'm getting 16.66kpl on my Revo 2018 truck......40,000km, fill up and excel sheet everytime.  I squeezed out 18.68kpl on one tank.......but a single tank isn't a good gauge.

I'm from UK and for me to get more than 19 - 20 to 1 litre in my truck reminds me of the Old jokes of grannies driving there Morris Minors.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, Gulfsailor said:

are you talking B7 or B10, same at both garages

13 hours ago, kokesaat said:

what grade of diesel

2 hours ago, Max Brok said:

It seems there is no premium 100 PROCENT diesel available in Thailand. That is my conclusion.

I think your right.

Even the "Premium" Diesel has biofuel added as far as I could find out with PTT.

The difference might be some (magic) additives?

B7 should be available everywhere. B7 is standard in other countries too and all Diesel trucks run well on that.

B20 (and B10) are not unconditionally recommended for all engines.