Who got a Thai Pass wrongly

41 minutes ago, stat said:

What are my odds to get the docs within 24 Hrs?

Transportation needs to be booked via hotel or via the PCR website?

Which ‘docs’ for Alternative Quarantine in Bangkok or for Sandbox in Phuket ?

Assuming Sandbox in Phuket (because Test & Go is no longer and option and who wants to quarantine in a Bangkok hotel when they could be in Phuket for a week !!!)

After making the SHA Plus+ booking, the hotel needs to provide you with a SHABA certificate (and code). 

You use the SHABA code to book your PCR tests on the PSAS site. 

That itself may take more than 24 hours. 

After submitting all the documentation on the Thailand Pass site you may get instant confirmation (i.e. the QR code) or it could take a few days (there seems to be no pattern). 

Transportation can be booked with the hotel (i.e. the hotel may include transportation in the booking). 

All the Taxi’s at Phuket Airport are SHA+ certified so proof of transport is not necessary. 

38 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what docs do you mean?

if it is the proof of payment for the PCR than i guess it should be immiditely,

but i don't know for sure because i could not make it.

if you mean the PASS approval itself, well they say you wil get an answer between 3-7 working days. in my case it was allways in the very last day.

that is why i did not try yet another time, because my flight is leaving soon and

i am affraid i will not get the thailand pass on time, what a mess !!

the big loss is for thailand and it's businesses, because i am sure that many

potential visitors gave up on trying after this PCR payment mess.

so because they insist on pre-payment of PCR test, because they have zero confidence

in "farang", they will lose millions of dollars.

this 2 tests payment is 4200 baht - but the business they lost only from those few

days of WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION is worth millions, i am sure !!

I already have the Thailand Pass like I mentioned before. I would need the pcr test paid confirmation and the sealed transport confirmation (still hoping for a timeframe between payment on website and confirmation received). All the while I am also still waiting for my OA Visa. If I get my OA I will book the rest, but not before.

Fully agree that the prepayment with an under construction website is a catastrophe. Must be really "funny" to have everything paid and then denied boarding because of a non paid pcs test that was impossible to obtain.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Which ‘docs’ for Alternative Quarantine in Bangkok or for Sandbox in Phuket ?

Assuming Sandbox in Phuket (because Test & Go is no longer and option and who wants to quarantine in a Bangkok hotel when they could be in Phuket for a week !!!)

After making the SHA Plus+ booking, the hotel needs to provide you with a SHABA certificate (and code). 

You use the SHABA code to book your PCR tests on the PSAS site. 

That itself may take more than 24 hours. 

After submitting all the documentation on the Thailand Pass site you may get instant confirmation (i.e. the QR code) or it could take a few days (there seems to be no pattern). 

Transportation can be booked with the hotel (i.e. the hotel may include transportation in the booking). 

All the Taxi’s at Phuket Airport are SHA+ certified so proof of transport is not necessary. 

TestandGo Phuket (Yes I have a TP pass without PCR test and sealed transport but need the documents to board the plane AFAIK).

Edited by stat

10 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I'm in the exact same situation as the original poster. I applied for a Thailand Pass Test and Go at 5 pm on the day they announced it was ending. I'd completed the sandbox twice before so I had the insurance document, a vaccination QR, and my flight was booked. But all I had to prove I had a hotel booking was a generic auto-email confirmation. I did not have a PCR booking since in Phuket that can only be done 40 days in advance and my arrival is early Feb. 

Yet I was approved 3 hours later at 8 pm.

I plan to have hard copies of all of the documents when I travel and will hope for a one day Test & Go instead of a Sandbox stay. 

my situation is similar in a few ways, i have my Thailand Pass and my visa (90 days) i think i have

most of what i need, flight/insurance/sha+ hotel one night/+pickup from airport+ PCRt est/booking my PCR before leaving UK/Visa 90 days. my main concern is what they want copies of ? i phoned the company about my UK PCR and was told ''i will get a PDF '' now after weeks of trying to get

all these things together, in the order these people want them? i am not so sure. what is a PDF and what is the difference between a copy a photo and a PDF as you might see, i am not an internet wizard, and only realised i had my visa by accident as no email was sent, so it seems even for the people running this show, they make big misstakes. if any one has a list of what documents are ok on your phone (pictures) and which are not? which have to be paper copies, and where do i obtain the PDF'S at 71 it tends to make your head spin a bit. any help is wellcome.

1 minute ago, zoza said:

my situation is similar in a few ways, i have my Thailand Pass and my visa (90 days) i think i have

most of what i need, flight/insurance/sha+ hotel one night/+pickup from airport+ PCRt est/booking my PCR before leaving UK/Visa 90 days. my main concern is what they want copies of ? i phoned the company about my UK PCR and was told ''i will get a PDF '' now after weeks of trying to get

all these things together, in the order these people want them? i am not so sure. what is a PDF and what is the difference between a copy a photo and a PDF as you might see, i am not an internet wizard, and only realised i had my visa by accident as no email was sent, so it seems even for the people running this show, they make big misstakes. if any one has a list of what documents are ok on your phone (pictures) and which are not? which have to be paper copies, and where do i obtain the PDF'S at 71 it tends to make your head spin a bit. any help is wellcome.

All i was asked for at airport 3 nights ago on entry was Thai Pass and hotel booking, nothing else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zoza said:

If you have a Thailand Pass then you must have uploaded (or someone else uploaded) photograph files (typically a JPG). A PDF is a type of computer document that is often provided when the provider doesn't want you to change the content. I think the PDF format was created by a company called Adobe. They have an application called Adobe Acrobat Reader that is free and used to read and print PDF files. But most web browsers can now be used to view and print a PDF file. You should be able to print the PDF file that you receive from the PCR testing facility. It will most likely come as an attachment to an email, or there will be a link in the email where you will be directed to in order to download the PCR test results. This is what my family had to do. Once the PDF file is downloaded to either your phone or computer, you should be able to print it, assuming you have access to a printer. If not, you can send the PDF file as an attachment in an email to someone that does have a printer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

That's good but in such an enclosed space for such a long period of time it's still inevitable if one person is contaminated that the virus will spread.

FFP2 and N95 masks will prevent 99.9% of airborne covid particles. It's going to have to be someone coughing into your face to get past that

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

FFP2 and N95 masks will prevent 99.9% of airborne covid particles. It's going to have to be someone coughing into your face to get past that

So I assume you have not taken off your mask to eat and drink? In addition your mask has to be worn more or less airtight at the border which is difficult... Best there is but no guarantee. Btw N95 is called 95 for a reason Hint: it is not called 99.9.

Hello, can someone offer me what went wrong, or did I get played at immigration when I arrived.

Arrived on Nov 27, I have a TP thought I would have 60 days, yet I just looked at the passport the other day

and only got 30 days.

Yes I can get another 30 days, but the plan was to stay for 90 day.

Any advice would be very helpful, I have a sweet GF we have been away from each other in the last 24 months,

for 19 of those months, we need time.

13 minutes ago, thisismetoday said:

Hello, can someone offer me what went wrong, or did I get played at immigration when I arrived.

Arrived on Nov 27, I have a TP thought I would have 60 days, yet I just looked at the passport the other day

and only got 30 days.

Yes I can get another 30 days, but the plan was to stay for 90 day.

Any advice would be very helpful, I have a sweet GF we have been away from each other in the last 24 months,

for 19 of those months, we need time.

Nothing to do with Thai Pass. To get 60 days you needed to pre-apply in home country for 60 day tourist visa. If you went in with visa exempt, you get 30 days. Both of these is extendable by 30 days.

Which did you have?

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

The good news is that after you've done your 30 day extension you may well be eligible for a 60 day covid extension... Currently they are available for anybody (who's already done a 30 day extension) to apply for until 25th January but there's a great chance this deadline will be extended. You'll have to keep watching this space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stat said:

So I assume you have not taken off your mask to eat and drink? In addition your mask has to be worn more or less airtight at the border which is difficult... Best there is but no guarantee. Btw N95 is called 95 for a reason Hint: it is not called 99.9.

Hold your breath, lift your mask, food goes in, mask down. Not perfect but this is what I will do.

btw N95 just means guaranteed to be 95% efficient, but in practice because of covid particle size they are >99% efficient 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7501836/

my mate just sent a message they arrived last week at Suvarnabhumi 

i had asked him about PCR Test UK (if the copy on Phone was accepted)

and the reply was all documents paper only.

the company we are using is charging top Dollar, stating ''certificate''

when i phoned they said yes in PDF, for me that sounds like another printing Job.

44 minutes ago, zoza said:

when i phoned they said yes in PDF, for me that sounds like another printing Job.

My PCR negative test cert was shown on phone only.

42 minutes ago, zoza said:

Yes, you will need to have the PDF file sent to a printer. You should be able to go to an office supply company - something like FedEx that we have in the US - and ask them to print it for you. You need all the other documents such as the Thailand Pass QR code (which was also sent to you as a PDF), insurance, hotel, etc. printed as well. I printed 2 copies of everything for each of my family members.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:51 PM, scorecard said:

How true, and all the more reason for all countries to be super cautious about who can enter the country and some continued checking on arrival etc.

Changing the subject a little, what I don't buy is the notion that because it seems Omicron is a little less dangerous all the precautions can be totally absolutely be abandoned.

Seems to me there's now enough experience with Covid- 19 to forecast that there will likely be more variants. More dangerous/less dangerous? Nobody knows.

I read the worst time for infection is in the tunnel to the plane as the planes are well ventilated. There was a discussion that viruses weaken over time. If they kill their host they fail and suicide so ideally natural selection makes mutations weaker over time. Hope so.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Nothing to do with Thai Pass. To get 60 days you needed to pre-apply in home country for 60 day tourist visa. If you went in with visa exempt, you get 30 days. Both of these is extendable by 30 days.

Which did you have?

To be honest I don't know I went into Thai Pass loaded in the info and was thinking it was for 60 days.

I was in LA and thought it went through the Los Angeles consulate, came back in 5 mins, guess I did all that 

right, just didn't bother to read what amount of days I was looking at, again I thought is was for 60 days.

I'll get the 30 extension tomorrow, then keep an eye out for the covid extension that was brought to my attention

on this post, from another post, thank you both @JayClay

I really appreciate the help, it was helpful and worthy of my respect to you both fine gentlemen.

On 12/26/2021 at 9:37 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

INDEED i consider it now. another risk is that the PCR test will be positive, and than i will have to get into min. 14days expensive hospital quarantine - on my account !!!

this is the email i sent today to the support team of www.thailandpsas.com:

so you let thousands of people using the web site while you are still
working on it?
did'nt you think to let the people know, in a short message, that
the WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION?
we are trying to book flights and hotels and need the PCR receipt for
the thailand pass, everyday is important, and your BAD WEBSITE is
blocking everything !!
at least YOU COULD TELL US THAT THE WEB SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION,
so we will not WASTE OUR PRECIOUS TIME !!

And the reply you got?????   LOL

38 minutes ago, thisismetoday said:

I'll get the 30 extension tomorrow, then keep an eye out for the covid extension that was brought to my attention

You posted arrival Nov 27...

"Arrived on Nov 27, I have a TP thought I would have 60 days"

You should have obtained extension Prior to Dec 27.

Your 30 day extension will give you permission of stay to approx Jan 27.

You should apply covid extension prior to Jan 25.

That will see you through till approx March 27.

Take along money for overstay. 500 per day.

Also if your obtaining your extension in Bangkok you will be attending Mueang Thong Thani immigration

Edited by DrJack54

47 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Arrival in BKK.

Departure airport everything was checked thoroughly.

Mine also checked thoroughly at departure airport, Sydney.

Step 1: One step inside main departures door (only one door open) had to give airport staff all my Thailand Pass and very recent negative International PCR report documents and they were scrutinized very carefully. The driver I had employed to help me (I'm in a wheelchair) didn't get 1 step inside. Airport staff very quickly called Singapore Airlines and a wheelchair attendant arrived very promptly.

Step 2: At Singapore Airlines check-in 2 staff were checking the documents of each passenger (not so many passengers in total), then the SIA Sydney manager also checked all the docs. They obviously knew what to look for in the docs (e.g. Insurance cover, and more). Then boarding passes issued ( SYD to Changi, and Changi to Suvarnabhumi). Attendant then took me slowly to the boarding gate and spoke to the gate lady, it was 1.5 hrs before departure time. Attendant explained he couldn't stay with me, the wait was too long. Gate lady politely said she would take care of me, take me to disabled toilet etc. Then asked if I would like some coffee, then asked is she could take a look at my all my docs and it appeared she knew what to look for. 

Step 3: SIA cabin supervisor came around after all passengers were on board and asked all passengers to double check they had all their docs in a handy place. She also mentioned that on arrival at Changi it was possible some Changi staff would come on board and check the recent negative PCR international report before anybody deplaned. 

• Like 1

^^Unbelievable how many times the same documents need to be checked. Surely if staff are trained and empowered to check documents at first contact, the rest of the time should be like pre-covid departure.

Isn't the whole point of the Thai Pass is to confirm all documents are in order, so shouldn't a Thai Pass and PCR result be the only additional documents needed? (although this thread obviously proves at least 1 check of all documents is required)

Edited by aussiexpat