Thai police launch crackdown on prostitution

webfact

On 12/27/2021 at 12:40 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Oh dear...

All they have to do is drive by the railway station ( which they do every night without stopping) in Rangsit and they will see 20/30 ladies of the night sat or stood around waiting for customers. It isn't the girls the police fear. It's the guys who protect the girls the police fear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ginner said:

All they have to do is drive by the railway station ( which they do every night without stopping) in Rangsit and they will see 20/30 ladies of the night sat or stood around waiting for customers. It isn't the girls the police fear. It's the guys who protect the girls the police fear.

I doubt that.

Most of the former Patts/BKK prostitutes are back in the Issan villages, like mine, where they've unfortunately spent the past year harassing their poor grandparents.

However a few of them have since moved their trade online. Regardless of how you feel about such behavior, it provides for the fam, and is much better than doing nothing then whining about it.

For "research purposes", go to YouTube and search for "bigo live". You're welcome.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Most of the former Patts/BKK prostitutes are back in the Issan villages, like mine, where they've unfortunately spent the past year harassing their poor grandparents.

However a few of them have since moved their trade online. Regardless of how you feel about such behavior, it provides for the fam, and is much better than doing nothing then whining about it.

For "research purposes", go to YouTube and search for "bigo live". You're welcome.

Moving back to their home in the province without any money is not difficult as living in Pattaya. Some have stopped prostitution for their income source and took other work or entrepreneurship. One notable story was K M who is a 6 years veteran in Pattaya who decides to take up courses and got a hospital job. Salary may not be much but healthcare, child education and pension benefits are more than offset the deficits. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ginner said:

Poor creatures ???? 

• Haha 1

Many countries have tried this before and failed. How can you rid the oldest profession in the world?!

It's better to accept the facts and make them pay taxes like in any other professions.

We all know the Quote "If you can't beat them, join them!"

A little away from topic, but relevant. It IS possible to stamp out prostitution of certain kinds in a controlled location. In the 80s and 90s it was rampant in Berkeley and Oakland; West McArthur Blvd going toward the freeway was an open stroll in front of the motels. Gone now. Berkeley had women on San Pablo and many massage shops. The street women went first, and now there is not one massage place in Berkeley, except maybe a few independent legit. Feminist power. I assume everything has moved online or to phone contacts, but that's another topic and I don't know.

On 12/27/2021 at 1:27 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Well your first two sentences are wrong  Soi Nana was busy tonight and girls were walking guys up and down the road headed to who knows where. The freelancers were also out along Sukhimvit doing business, and it's only a Monday.  Wouldn't have seen any of it but the GF wanted to see if the Hilary 4 was open for music as before Covid we would sit and listen to the live bands.  We walked from one end of Nana to the other, and around some side sois before we found there is no other exit except back out to Sukhumvit. 15 km walk tonight...lol. Had a great Dinner at Terminal 21 which was also busy.

Well in the 1st sentence I said that it wasn't aimed specifically at tourists,  Nothing in the original post or in your post would contradict this so why do you say i am wrong ??

In my second sentence I said that the "tourist sex trade" had been decimated by Covid. How could you possibly say that is wrong !  Just because you saw a couple of freelancers doesn't mean its business as usual, and not every guy walking down the road with a girl is a client walking with a hooker.  Do you just like disagreeing  with people

On 12/30/2021 at 3:25 AM, Enzian said:

A little away from topic, but relevant. It IS possible to stamp out prostitution of certain kinds in a controlled location. In the 80s and 90s it was rampant in Berkeley and Oakland; West McArthur Blvd going toward the freeway was an open stroll in front of the motels. Gone now. Berkeley had women on San Pablo and many massage shops. The street women went first, and now there is not one massage place in Berkeley, except maybe a few independent legit. Feminist power. I assume everything has moved online or to phone contacts, but that's another topic and I don't know.

You contradict your self, You claim it was stamped out then state that it has moved "on line"  so is it stamped out? or has it moved on line

On 12/27/2021 at 2:48 PM, bronzedude said:

I hope the police get their sisters, daughters, cousins, wives, mia nois, and other miscellaneous friends and relatives to a safe haven just before this awesome crackdown. I'm still wondering why articles like this are newsworthy?

This is not news worthy or even news to the general population, its just click bait chosen by this website, guaranteed to stoke the outrage of the puritans who all seem to forget where they met their wife, and guaranteed to worry the others who are still looking for one

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You contradict your self, You claim it was stamped out then state that it has moved "on line"  so is it stamped out? or has it moved on line

I was not clear, as I was assuming the topic was the "in your face" skin trade that LOS is notorious for. I also could have noted that adjoining cities like Albany have massage places that everyone knows provide extras. I'm simply saying that with sufficient determination a lot can be taken out of sight; I'm sure the feminists of Berkeley appreciate that there is no longer any visible "human trafficking" in town.

On 12/27/2021 at 12:53 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

It is surely aimed specifically at tourist sex and online orientated towards westerners or asians but in the English language. ''Nobody'' knows of the Thai ways, they like to do it secretive, what the elites hate is how we do it without shame and in the public. 

If most foreigners knew the Thai ways, they would know to get the A looking girls for just 1000 a pop too. That would actually be a bigger threat to the ''tourist business''. Even many who lived here for many years still do not know how to get these girls on demand, at least not those good looking ones.

Anyway, i doubt anyone panicks, it is just annoying to read yet another silly plan in the news.

Nowhere in the original article does it mention "tourist sex" or online prostitution  why are you making things up?   The girls my Thai friends consider "A list" would not be so popular with western customers.  The only places you will pay the same prices as Thais for anything are 7/11 and Big C.    I'd love to see you attempting to capitalise on your perceived knowledge of "Thai Ways" when paying for sex 

9 minutes ago, Enzian said:

I was not clear, as I was assuming the topic was the "in your face" skin trade that LOS is notorious for. I also could have noted that adjoining cities like Albany have massage places that everyone knows provide extras. I'm simply saying that with sufficient determination a lot can be taken out of sight; I'm sure the feminists of Berkeley appreciate that there is no longer any visible "human trafficking" in town.

"Human Trafficking"  were did that come from , somewhat off topic if you ask me

On 12/28/2021 at 12:58 AM, Wandering druid said:

seriously this is now news?? 

Its just click bait mate, Probably never even appeared in a national newspaper The people who run this website would have us believe that it is headline news......it isn't.   Just like catching overstayers  and how much money Chinese tourists are expected to spend per head. etc etc.  this kind of "news" only exists as news on this website

On 12/28/2021 at 3:56 AM, crazykopite said:

Is the general angry because he had to pay so has declared war on these ladies who are only trying to make a living .I enjoy my weekly massage 

"declared war"   have you heard yourself?

On 12/27/2021 at 10:28 AM, xylophone said:

You make a good point @tomacht8, and how about the government puts in place laws which state that if a Thai husband/boyfriend who impregnates and leaves a Thai girl, has to pay maintenance of some description, or have possessions taken away (motorbike for example) or face jail time.

As it is now, these guys can do exactly what they want without any fear of consequence, and that in turn can lead to girls who enter into the "trade" to be able to support themselves and their families.

Putting this in place will help stop this situation and help stamp out prostitution.

Why would you want to stamp it out?