Thai police launch crackdown on prostitution

webfact

18 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well, you will never stamp out prostitution, history teaches us that since if child support was the sole answer prostitution in the west wouldn't exist.

But for the Maidens of Isaan under education, lack of opportunity, and the culture of 'if I have his baby he love me more more more' does not help.

I remember the first time I ever went to Pattaya with my wife and at that time young son. I was horrified by the fact I was seen as prime meat, even with my wife and kid by my side.is 

My wife the pragmatist that she said; "they are probably just trying to make enough money to send home for the family"

Now my wife is an odd duck. She comes from a very poor family in Isaan, but when her parents died she and her 4 siblings were farmed out to family members.

She was the lucky one and ended up with an uncle in Chicago. Went to school and University there and has had a successful life.

Two of her sisters, not so much. Both ended up in the early motherhood trap, one went into the 'entertainment' biz to feed her kids, the other succumbed to AIDS. Her brother with little education slipped into the usual day job lifestyle living hand to mouth. The last sister has flitted between men in Bangkok, but that isaan stigma always haunts them.

To this this day my wife sends money home every month to help out. Now she's not doing it through prostitution but in the minds of those women that do it's the same motivation

Who doesn't want to have a better life and also future security? And the absolute majority of abandoned mothers and adventurous young women try to find the foreign prince in the red light milieu. Those who found one show it around too. Bling Bling gold chain, new motorcycle, car, buy farm land and a new chic house. That the government / police now wants to block

these avenues for the poor population has political reasons for maintaining power for the Thai elite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Jeez, come on some of you seem to be taking this too personal.

Nothing is going to happen.  Maybe a raid here and there will be reported, but I doubt it.

Things will remain the same don't worry.

You sure ? a mate was asking ????

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Establishments breaking the law would face prosecution, closure and the removal of licences.

At least you'll loose that little tax as well, smart move.

I will check next time with my favorite masseuse if she have all the licenses. A HJ-license; BJ-license; a whatever-they-do-nowadays-license.????

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I think you guys are panicking over nothing, this is not aimed at "tourist sex". 

It is surely aimed specifically at tourist sex and online orientated towards westerners or asians but in the English language. ''Nobody'' knows of the Thai ways, they like to do it secretive, what the elites hate is how we do it without shame and in the public. 

If most foreigners knew the Thai ways, they would know to get the A looking girls for just 1000 a pop too. That would actually be a bigger threat to the ''tourist business''. Even many who lived here for many years still do not know how to get these girls on demand, at least not those good looking ones.

Anyway, i doubt anyone panicks, it is just annoying to read yet another silly plan in the news.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And there you have it folks......There is no prostitution....lol, then why is Thailand synonymous with Sex Tourism in places like Pattaya, Phuket and the seedy side of Bangkok nestled right in between multi million baht high rise condominiums.  Alas, prostitution is the worlds oldest profession and as my GF recently pointed out by pointing towards 2 ladies standing just across the street from the Lumpini Police Station as we jogged outside of Lumpini Park, "Look they selling pussy again"

So? It's not illegal to sell Siamese cats.......????

The Art of War is alive and well in Thailand with the Leaders! 

Denial Denial although it is stirring everyone in the face,  no prostitution, no gambling,  enforce what is obvious for photo op there after they don't practice what they preach at their private huss clubs for themselves.  T.I.T. bunch of self righteous hypocrites!

This is the way they want it keep them barefoot and pregnant translate into control. 

Edited by thailand49
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I think you guys are panicking over nothing, this is not aimed at "tourist sex". That has been decimated by covid already  and does not exist at present so they are not going to be wasting their time there. This is  an overhaul of the lucrative internal domestic sex business.  I would imagine that due to the financial pain felt by many at the moment, some new outlets will have been set up. some of  these will be interfering with businesses owned by influential people and so will need to be eliminated, These new businesses will in many cases be run  by very unsavoury gangster types, the established  "elite" owners couldn't take them on in a street war type conflict so they simply pay the police to do it . A few others not considered as competition will be allowed to continue and will be run by the police.  These kind of things happen quite regularly, kind of like a financial spring clean. These initiatives are not dreamed up by the police themselves, that would be way above their payscale. these are orders received "from above"

Well your first two sentences are wrong  Soi Nana was busy tonight and girls were walking guys up and down the road headed to who knows where. The freelancers were also out along Sukhimvit doing business, and it's only a Monday.  Wouldn't have seen any of it but the GF wanted to see if the Hilary 4 was open for music as before Covid we would sit and listen to the live bands.  We walked from one end of Nana to the other, and around some side sois before we found there is no other exit except back out to Sukhumvit. 15 km walk tonight...lol. Had a great Dinner at Terminal 21 which was also busy.

• Like 2

10pm.png

Picture: INN

The spokesman of the Royal Thai Police has clearly accepted that there is indeed prostitution in Thailand. 

The guy is really smart with this statement, I have been going to Thailand for 14 years and didn't notice any of these girls/boys...<deleted>. Where do they get these guys from?

He may have lots of medals for extreme bravery but how many brain cells does he have behind that mask?

This government is determined to sink Thailand and build the new Myanmar, Chinese farmers are taking over all food food production for the Thais, Prayat and co have killed the massive tourist industry over just 70 covid assisted deaths in 2020, compared with 120,000 in the UK. It tells foreigners they must have the jab and really doesn't want them at all unless they are billionairs. It accuses foreigners of bringing the virus to Thailand, but not the chinese and seems to have this dream of competing with Dubai for the rich and famous.

No doubt Prayut is competing with Biden to see who can sink their country first...both with the help of China.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

well at least in thailand they still blame the prostitute for the crime.

in other european countries, mainly sweden, they blame and frame only

the customer.

yes you heard it right.

prostitution in sweden is legal but going to a prostitute is a crime !! the  customer

gets arrested and pay huge fines !!

hope this twisted idea will not spread to thailand.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nooooo….

Surely this announcement brings the image of Thailand into disrepute !!!!

TAT need this as their new tourism slogan !!! 

And…,  here we have it folks..  yet another ‘crack-down’ !!! 

'crack-down' ..read, need to replenish funds for 2022 !!

It's political. If you think of all the little civil servants, teachers, office  and bank clerks who represent the main constituency of the Prayut Gang. All the renunciation and diligence to work your way up in the limited framework and poorly paid positions of the thai hierarchy. Then comes a Thai farm buffalo girl, stupid as bread, but with outstanding skills to suck up the reproductive juice of foreigners and gain access to money. Classical thai hierarchy levels are skipped and envy is fueled. That is the political background.

I ain't gonna read this entire thread but I'm seriously interested in whether there have been any cases or clusters or outbreaks or whatever you want to call it traced to any of your more or less familiar types of massage places? That's what this is supposed to be about, and imo it's a fair question. Asking for a friend.

Edited by Enzian

The "Boss" must be short of some coin or stupid ?

Would they not be better off putting some mufti police cars on the road to catch idiots who are killing people in their hundreds.

The "massage places" are bringing in foreign reserves for the  Government & saving them  from having to help families with their non existent social security.

They just cannot see the "Big Picture" can they ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

It's political. If you think of all the little civil servants, teachers, office  and bank clerks who represent the main constituency of the Prayut Gang. All the renunciation and diligence to work your way up in the limited framework and poorly paid positions of the thai hierarchy. Then comes a Thai farm buffalo girl, stupid as bread, but with outstanding skills to suck up the reproductive juice of foreigners and gain access to money. Classical thai hierarchy levels are skipped and envy is fueled. That is the political background.

I know some really nice Buffalo girls some as thick as mince and the fact that they can suck a marble through 18 inches of garden hose has nothing to do with my admiration for them ????????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LoeiI said:

I know some really nice Buffalo girls some as thick as mince and the fact that they can suck a marble through 18 inches of garden hose has nothing to do with my admiration for them ????????

There is a very, very small number of nature talents that can keep you in Climax for 2-3 hours, but I don't want to go into too much detail, the subject is too serious for that.

Edited by tomacht8

"a New Year crackdown by crime suppression to stop the spread of Covid-19 at such places"

Amazing how covid is used as a tool to gradually introduce a system of totalitarianism, not only in Thailand but worldwide.
With the greatest example being vaccine mandates, forced quarantining of people, qr codes, shutting down businesses, restriction of movement/travel,...

No doubt this will artificially be prolonged, as we obviously see with omicron, which usually is as mild as a common cold (almost zero IC patients, and generally few hospital intakes).

With many peoples lives being devastated because of stricts enforcements, i have a hard time believing this is all about protecting the wellbeing of people.

Edited by freestyle
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Paulaew said:

Some additional guidance would be helpful. Are we supposed to call before or after?

Paul Laew

Reporting in the 1599 call saying “She does crack” would cover both before and after infractions, as it suggests she habitually does it. I’ve thought long and hard about what this street talk could mean. It would also avoid using the word ‘prostitution’ and give a lowdown on approaching the crackdown.

Edited by Siamwhiteelephant