Thai police launch crackdown on prostitution

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The spokesman of the Royal Thai Police has clearly accepted that there is indeed prostitution in Thailand.

he used the euphemism of "sathan borikan"

Famously a couple of years ago a police chief in central Thailand said there was no prostitution. 

In reality hundreds of thousands of women and men are involved in the trade.

Thailand have a prostitution??????????????????????????????????

17 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You make a good point @tomacht8, and how about the government puts in place laws which state that if a Thai husband/boyfriend who impregnates and leaves a Thai girl, has to pay maintenance of some description, or have possessions taken away (motorbike for example) or face jail time.

As it is now, these guys can do exactly what they want without any fear of consequence, and that in turn can lead to girls who enter into the "trade" to be able to support themselves and their families.

Putting this in place will help stop this situation and help stamp out prostitution.

I do not think so. To enjoy the joys of the flesh is human nature. If you think the 15 - 20 year old Thai males thinks about the consequences of their actions in advance, no way, such brain cells do not exist. Thais always live for the moment of joy. If you want to change something in the long term, you can only do that through education and not through maintenance laws.

Edited by tomacht8

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And there you have it folks......There is no prostitution....lol, then why is Thailand synonymous with Sex Tourism in places like Pattaya, Phuket and the seedy side of Bangkok nestled right in between multi million baht high rise condominiums.  Alas, prostitution is the worlds oldest profession and as my GF recently pointed out by pointing towards 2 ladies standing just across the street from the Lumpini Police Station as we jogged outside of Lumpini Park, "Look they selling pussy again"

They not Prostitute  they Chicken Farmers  they Raise Cocks 5555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

When you thought policy and news can't go to a lower low, this news comes out... It is like they want to fail and become Venezuela like poor.

The elite's making this up do not care regardless, they never cared of Thais starving during covid so far either and foreigners needed to help out, once again.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I do not think so. To enjoy the joys of the flesh is human nature. If you think the 15 - 20 year old Thai males thinks about the consequences of their actions in advance, no way, such brain cells do not exist. Thais always live for the moment of joy. If you want to change something in the long term, you can only do that through education and not through maintenance laws.

I agree that the education system needs to be improved, however consequences, and how they apply to everyday life need to be understood, and one of the ways to do this is to penalise the person responsible.

It's a bit like the crash helmet laws here, if they changed that law to state that the fine would be 1000 baht for the first offence, and motorbike confiscation for the second, then crash helmets would be worn.

As for "to enjoy the joys of the flesh is human nature", well it works in other countries, even with the most ill educated element of the population, so it would work here, but as I said TIT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damascase said:

Actually the dispute about what’s the oldest profession is between prostitute and the biblical publican (nowadays Customs officer…….. ).

When that has been settled the next question will be: ‘which of these professions  is the most honorable?’

In a previous career, we used to say the Second Oldest Profession was spying.

Given the Oldest, that makes sense.

"Where did you say you went tonight, hubby?"

Oh, and "virgin" births. Yeah, right.

1 minute ago, swissman53 said:

Does that say, that they will shut down Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? Because that's the biggest market for girls, young men and ladyboys, who want to drink a cup of coffee with a rich man

Apparently only if they use English as a language as the side dek websites, chat groups and more are available in ten thousands. Now since covid girls figured they have to earn from foreigners too, they want to crack down on it. All in the midst of another bid to legalize the same thing too. Insanity.

32 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

When times are tough pick on the most needy, the most vulnerable and pretend it’s for the betterment of all. How cruel can one get and what do they hope to achieve?

Jeez, come on some of you seem to be taking this too personal.

Nothing is going to happen.  Maybe a raid here and there will be reported, but I doubt it.

Things will remain the same don't worry.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Jeez, come on some of you seem to be taking this too personal.

Nothing is going to happen.  Maybe a raid here and there will be reported, but I doubt it.

Things will remain the same don't worry.

It's about the principle though, any raid coming from this is one too many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

You make a good point @tomacht8, and how about the government puts in place laws which state that if a Thai husband/boyfriend who impregnates and leaves a Thai girl, has to pay maintenance of some description, or have possessions taken away (motorbike for example) or face jail time.

As it is now, these guys can do exactly what they want without any fear of consequence, and that in turn can lead to girls who enter into the "trade" to be able to support themselves and their families.

Putting this in place will help stop this situation and help stamp out prostitution.

Well, you will never stamp out prostitution, history teaches us that since if child support was the sole answer prostitution in the west wouldn't exist.

But for the Maidens of Isaan under education, lack of opportunity, and the culture of 'if I have his baby he love me more more more' does not help.

I remember the first time I ever went to Pattaya with my wife and at that time young son. I was horrified by the fact I was seen as prime meat, even with my wife and kid by my side.

My wife the pragmatist that she is said; "they are probably just trying to make enough money to send home for the family"

Now my wife is an odd duck. She comes from a very poor family in Isaan, but when her parents died she and her 4 siblings were farmed out to family members.

She was the lucky one and ended up with an uncle in Chicago. Went to school and University there and has had a successful life.

Two of her sisters, not so much. Both ended up in the early motherhood trap, one went into the 'entertainment' biz to feed her kids, the other succumbed to AIDS. Her brother with little education slipped into the usual day job lifestyle living hand to mouth. The last sister has flitted between men in Bangkok, but that isaan stigma always haunts them.

To this this day my wife sends money home every month to help out. Now she's not doing it through prostitution but in the minds of those women that do it's the same motivation

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

the definition of prostitution.interesting.it can be held that its the act of selling oneself.so there s a lot of people doing that here,many in govt and also .......yep you got it!!!!

Not selling , renting, they rent

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I agree that the education system needs to be improved, however consequences, and how they apply to everyday life need to be understood, and one of the ways to do this is to penalise the person responsible.

It's a bit like the crash helmet laws here, if they changed that law to state that the fine would be 1000 baht for the first offence, and motorbike confiscation for the second, then crash helmets would be worn.

As for "to enjoy the joys of the flesh is human nature", well it works in other countries, even with the most ill educated element of the population, so it would work here, but as I said TIT.

This, in turn, is related to the distribution of income in the country. Here very few have almost everything and many have almost nothing. I personally experienced the settlement talks from distance, where marriages should be allowed afterwards, but the poor farmworker boys have nothing. Even the poor urban population, four of whom live in cheap apartment block rooms, have nothing. This is the environment from which the absolute majority of girls are in the horizontal trade. The only exceptions are the Super Stunners, who have thousands of followers on Instagram and can choose their clients.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with that, this is  been going on since year dot, No matter what they Can't stop the services the Ladies provide . Let it be ,Like in the Old country the Netherlands ,the ladies provide a service that's needed  and they get paid so they aren't Bludging of the Govment .

It won't tarnish the of the country.

Edited by digger70

1 minute ago, johnhender said:

You would think the police would have some real criminals to go after, In Thailand Call girls are the least of the problems, how about doing some real law enforcement , 

The worst Criminals in Thailand are in the Corridors of Power and the Police dare not tread those !

• Like 2