I have thailand pass, been vaccinated twice, plus booster, pcr tested before flight, pcr tested at ASQ+ hotel - Can my condo make me take another covid test?

ZebraGold

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I've read that vacination does not prevent you from getting Covid.  Chances of testing positive aren't lessoned by being vacinated or having a preveise test.

First statement is correct. Not sure about second one though, I had the impression so far that the risk would be less for vacced people. Risk is a probabilistic term and must be based on statistics, in this case for example take the same population of vacced and non-vacced (e.g. 1 million) and see how many have been infected, relatively.

It is obvious that in any country where a large part of the population has been vacced (say in excess of 2/3 or even 3/4), the absolute number of vacced people being infected is going to be large and possibly commensurate with the number of non-vacced people : that is not the correct way to look at it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If you came with the T&G Thaipass, you're mandated to an ATK test after 6 or 7 days already, I guess. The test should have been given to you already by the ASQ hotel.

Exactly, all newer arrivals have to do another test on day 5/6 . It’s online news for over a week. I’ve been already notified.

37 minutes ago, geisha said:

Exactly, all newer arrivals have to do another test on day 5/6 . It’s online news for over a week. I’ve been already notified.

And before the latest change you had to do an ATK self test after 6 or 7 days. In my case, a test kit was given by the ASQ hotel.

On 12/26/2021 at 11:19 PM, Paulaew said:

With all due respect, I think it's fair to assume that you haven't had a PCR test with a swab shoved up your nose halfway to your brain. It's invasive and unpleasant and I wouldn't do it again unless it was really necessary. The OP has already had to endure it twice, despite all his vaccinations.

An antigen test is cheap and easy, with results in 15 minutes for all to see.

Paul Laew

In the US, PCR tests can be done with just a nasal swab.

Is that not the case in Thailand?

On 12/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, Bert got kinky said:

Fair point but if the poster has already had recent tests and is fully vaxed up, the chances of testing positive would be much slimmer.

it sounds like the condo does not trust anyone ... i do not blame them  they are correct in not trusting anyone ............. i have seen so many posts about  cheating the thai system ..  .. i have lost patience with these wanna be tourists