Swimming pool at quarantine hotel was just roped off and closed. Was there some change in restrictions?

Carmine6

15 minutes ago, Carmine6 said:

I used to, but then realized there's no changing minds.  Also some people have a whole lot of time on their hands to be posting, where I'd rather do other things.  Like right now I would not be on here other than I'm in quarantine.

Ah. Sorry to hear that Hope you get out soon unscathed

41 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Since you are already at the hotel and already at the pool, wouldn't it make more sense to ask someone there?

I'm not at the pool.  I'm in a quarantine room so wouldn't be using the pool.  Their english is not so great at the front desk.  One time I called to ask if I could choose from different items for meals, since the flyer said that.  After a lot of going back and forth she finally understood and said no.  If I wanted different things then the only option was ordering room service after.  Then someone showed up at my room with a toothbrush saying that I had requested one.  So even though she did understand at the end, apparently she thought I had also requested a toothbrush.

My main goal was to find out if restrictions for the area had been changed, which happened when I was in quarantine last year.  Seems like maybe in Bangkok that happened.  Like a shut down of unofficially opened places.

5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

LOL.

Boots, hats, gloves, PPE are all in evidence on major construction  sites in line with international safety standards. This is noticeable compared to years ago. Smaller operations don't demonstrate  such high standards. Your observation  about 'Thais' meaninh all Thais is thus wrong and just an ingrained, knee jerk anti Thai generalisation. People who constantly make such criticisms and negative  generalisation and NEVER say anything positive  about Thais or Thailand are quite simply Racist bores. However  your original  insights are fascinating

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Boots, hats, gloves, PPE are all in evidence on major construction  sites in line with international safety standards. This is noticeable compared to years ago. Smaller operations don't demonstrate  such high standards. Your observation  about 'Thais' meaninh all Thais is thus wrong and just an ingrained, knee jerk anti Thai generalisation. People who constantly make such criticisms and negative  generalisation and NEVER say anything positive  about Thais or Thailand are quite simply Racist bores. However  your original  insights are fascinating

You quite obviously have no idea about intl health and safety standards if you think what you see here cuts the mustard....never mind.

My comments are based on what i've seen and witnessed in my time in this wonderful kingdom. Perhaps you've not got out and about enough during your time here to see what the real Thailand looks like.....never mind.

18 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You quite obviously have no idea about intl health and safety standards if you think what you see here cuts the mustard....never mind.

My comments are based on what i've seen and witnessed in my time in this wonderful kingdom. Perhaps you've not got out and about enough during your time here to see what the real Thailand looks like.....never mind.

I was a health and safety rep in two countries. I do not deny there are lapses  here but what you deny is that efforts are made especially  on large construction  sites and international  protocol  are observed as I see every day as I pass such sites all over Pattaya and watch the  workers changing shifts. In an attempt  to malign Thais and Thailand  your are being selective  in your observation to satisfy  some unfounded sense of superiority you attribute  to yourself,  your race or your country.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I was a health and safety rep in two countries. I do not deny there are lapses  here but what you deny is that efforts are made especially  on large construction  sites and international  protocol  are observed as I see every day as I pass such sites all over Pattaya and watch the  workers changing shifts. In an attempt  to malign Thais and Thailand  your are being selective  in your observation to satisfy  some unfounded sense of superiority you attribute  to yourself,  your race or your country.

As mentioned in my experience there's little or no HSE here in most aspects of life, you mention construction only where you can 'apparently' tell they have good standards by merely passing by and witnessing shift changes, really?

I do not think i'm superior just pointing out low standards in this country, 

On 12/31/2021 at 4:32 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

do you think standards are properly enforced by thai government agencies ?

could it be that a lot of these construction companies are foreign owned and run ?