What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

5 hours ago, gargamon said:

Try turning off nordvpn (if you are using it) and you should easily download those low s/l files. Nordvpn sucks for those.

I have searched for many torrents which - when found - show zero seeders and leechers.

Yet - when you click on the magnet link - I get 4MB DL speed - if not more

Don't believe everything you read - or see

PS - no VPN

• Confused 1

Currently watching Somos.

It’s a Mexican show on Netflix from last year, quite bleak maybe a little depressing, a little slow but easy to watch a couple of episodes b2b. Worth a look. 

Again, it’s about Mexican life in a small town, three or four interconnected stories running - a prostitute, a girl who plays football, girl and mother with a husband in jail and a drug cartels, doesn’t really glorify the life, it focuses on the grit and dirt. 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14719590/

not too sure where I got it

ETS: I hope that passed .. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

It’s a Mexican show on Netflix from last year, quite bleak maybe a little depressing, a little slow but easy to watch a couple of episodes b2b. Worth a look. 

Again, it’s about Mexican life in a small town, three or four interconnected stories running - a prostitute, a girl who plays football, girl and mother with a husband in jail and a drug cartels, doesn’t really glorify the life, it focuses on the grit and dirt. 

I found it too slow.  'Somos' was about right.

42 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I'm really losing a lot of sleep about posting now as we seem to have a acquired self-appointed comment monitor, nevertheless....

I know I'm not alone in having greatly enjoyed the critically acclaimed Vikings historical drama series that finished last year (8.5 on IMDb). The good news is that a sequel series entitled Vikings: Valhalla is coming our way in February.

Follow-up series to 'Vikings' set 100 years afterward and centering on the adventures of Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Hardrada and the Norman King William the Conqueror.

You are losing sleep about comments in a discussion group? Is it negative or positive  comments that cause you insomnia?

25 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I enjoyed this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope im not speaking out of turn, as I haven't seen it yet, but you can find all episodes of El Marginal  S04 from tonight - You can find it on a legal streaming platform tho' (Disclaimer: May contain scenes of violence)

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I hope im not speaking out of turn, as I haven't seen it yet, but you can find all episodes of El Marginal  S04 from tonight - You can find it on a legal streaming platform tho' (Disclaimer: May contain scenes of violence)

This series is brutal.

Don't be shy mate, where is it?

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Two excellent shows, I agree. Not seen the movie but I'll check it out.

My personal favourite of the Italian gangster genre is Romanzo Criminale (8.5 on IMDb, available on Amazon Prime).

"A criminal known as Lebanese has a dream: to conquer the underworld of Rome. To carry out this feat without precedent he puts together a ruthless and highly organized gang. Their progress and changes in leadership (Lebanese is followed by his cohorts Freddo and Dandi) take place over twenty-five years, from the 1970's into the '90's, and are inseparably intertwined with the dark history of modern Italy: terrorism, kidnappings and corruption at the highest levels of government. Throughout these years Police Lieutenant Scialoia sticks to the gang's trail, trying both to bring them to justice and to win the heart of Dandi's girlfriend Patrizia."

I agree about Romanzo Criminale. Both seasons were very good IMHO, as were Gommora and Suburra. Well worth a look.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

This looks interesting and has a good review rating on IMDb. I think Netflix has mislabeled this as season 4 but it is actually Season 1 because the different episode titles on IMDB are the same as Season 1.

Edited by userabcd

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

Rather uninspiring ……life in a violent Mexican slum…..sounds not very wonderful… won’t be watching ……

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I'm really losing a lot of sleep about posting now as we seem to have a acquired self-appointed comment monitor, nevertheless....

I know I'm not alone in having greatly enjoyed the critically acclaimed Vikings historical drama series that finished last year (8.5 on IMDb). The good news is that a sequel series entitled Vikings: Valhalla is coming our way in February.

Follow-up series to 'Vikings' set 100 years afterward and centering on the adventures of Leif Erikson, Freydis, Harald Hardrada and the Norman King William the Conqueror.

Vikings an all-time authentic tv series Great. Can’t wait for Vikings Valhalla. Fine Tip. ????