What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, seedy said:

Google will find it

You know Google ?

Just typed it in and VIOLA !

Yes, but you now know it's called The Bay and not just Bay, and does Google tell you where to download it? Anyway, if you are going to the trouble of recommending a movie or series how hard is it to add where it's available?

• Thanks 1

Just now, giddyup said:

Yes, but you now know it's called The Bay and not just Bay, and does Google tell you where to download it? Anyway, if you are going to the trouble of recommending a movie or series how hard is it to add where it's available?

What is more easy - look for yourself or ask others to find it for you ?

If THE BAY does not work, try BAY - goya

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, seedy said:

What is more easy - look for yourself or ask others to find it for you ?

If THE BAY does not work, try BAY - goya

Are you really that obtuse? How hard is to add where it's available and to get the name correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

'During the Stalin era, Russian history was rewritten to conform to the political demands of an increasingly controlling regime. Limitations were imposed upon all sectors of culture, corresponding to the demands placed upon ideologists for a single, unified genealogy of the Bolsheviks' pre revolutionary precursors.'

No source stated for your quote.

Why?

13 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's still in production but it will be called Justified  City Primeval

I thought the series "Justified" was outstanding---ran for 5 years, anyone not seen it, & like Law & order type  series, you can still pick it up on Pirates-- well worth it IMO

• Like 1

When something catches my eye, find interesting, want to know more ... I search out the topic.

Check sources, do some research, and receive satisfaction in the search, as well as the 'prize at the end of the rainbow'

Those who wish to be spoon fed their information should either

A. listen to the Mainstream Media or

B. stay in kindergarten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Why not make it interesting. Just give a synopsis of what you are recommending and let forum members try to work out the name of the series or movie you are talking about. That'd be fun.

This what I wrote originally.

'Bay is now on series 3. An English production, crime drama  set in the Northern town of Morecombe. Worth a watch.'

I think that's sufficient information to allow people to explore the subject more. What more can I do? Watch it for them too? lol

40 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

No source stated for your quote.

Why?

It's just elementary high school history isn't it? We learnt this when we were 16. But if you really need to track it down  just cut and paste it.

I have sent you a PM as the subject is a bit off topic. I apologise. I sometimes  forget that what I assume  to be common knowledge is not known to everyone.

Edited by The Hammer2021

Often times, during my search, I find links to things which are of far more interest than the original search parameters.

Or something really off the wall - which I also enjoy.

All part of the journey of learning new things, taking the 'Path Less Travelled'

People always say "Marriage is a Great Institution"

I say "But you know what people say about people in Institutions !!! 555"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I have watched all the Ray Donovan series  but I couldn't understand the movie except the bit where as a young RD he helped a movie get out of a jam and thus found a niche career

I also watched the Sopranos movie, Many Saints  of Newark and found it disappointing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This what I wrote originally.

'Bay is now on series 3. An English production, crime drama  set in the Northern town of Morecombe. Worth a watch.'

I think that's sufficient information to allow people to explore the subject more. What more can I do? Watch it for them too? lol

It's got nothing to do with "exploring the subject" but to find what's recommended without difficulty. A couple more keystrokes could accomplish that.

49 minutes ago, seedy said:

I add the sub reference to allow those who do not have English as a primary language to be able to tell what is going on.

Title I posted has English audio

My point was :

Anyone reading your original post could possibly dismiss searching further for The Mezzotint by assuming it was available in Portuguese language with English subs.

Whereas , in reality, it is a U.K. production in English language.

You are choosing to watch it in Portuguese language.

A couple of movies worth watching:-

The Bang Bang Club   2010

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1173687/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A drama based on the true-life experiences of four combat photographers capturing the final days of apartheid in South Africa

Kodachrome   2017

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1880399/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Set during the final days of the admired photo development system known as Kodachrome, a father and son hit the road in order to reach the Kansas photo lab before it closes its doors for good.

????

• Like 1