What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

On 1/11/2022 at 12:40 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Euphoria..Any thoughts anyone?

Horrific. Total Gen Z nonsense. I felt like I was in the middle of an instagram server. Just could not get through it, and not only that, it gives a weird sense of foreboding, knowing that we will be in the hands of this generation fairly soon! And am I the only one who thinks Zendaya is over rated? I mean she is cute, but can she act?

Hey, you asked!

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Horrific. Total Gen Z nonsense. I felt like I was in the middle of an instagram server. Just could not get through it, and not only that, it gives a weird sense of foreboding, knowing that we will be in the hands of this generation fairly soon! And am I the only one who thinks Zendaya is over rated? I mean she is cute, but can she act?

Hey, you asked!

Thank you..I tried it and lasted  4 minutes and you put into words better than me how dreadful  it is. Its frightening  that its so popular and gets critical  acclaim. Another dreadful  show was the critically acclaimed  'I may destroy  you' which leaves me speechless  because it is so bad

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Thank you..I tried it and lasted  4 minutes and you put into words better than me how dreadful  it is. Its frightening  that its so popular and gets critical  acclaim. Another dreadful  show was the critically acclaimed  'I may destroy  you' which leaves me speechless  because it is so bad

But i may destroy you ticked all the boxes ,so no problem that it was utter <deleted>.

16 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We are on the same page. I despised that show too! Horrendously bad. Embarrassingly bad! Another I hate is the Handmaids tale. A show about emasculation in today's society, told inside out, from a feminist point of view. Dreadful. 

A really good one is Station Eleven. Shows how this current Covid virus is NOT the APOCALYPSE. Offers a little perspective to the panic minded. 

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

We are on the same page. I despised that show too! Horrendously bad. Embarrassingly bad! Another I hate is the Handmaids tale. A show about emasculation in today's society, told inside out, from a feminist point of view. Dreadful. 

A really good one is Station Eleven. Shows how this current Covid virus is NOT the APOCALYPSE. Offers a little perspective to the panic minded. 

HMT was an interesting  book but the series showed moral cowardice by setting the dystopia future in a Christian  not Islamic culture...I gave up on it after 20 minutes..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Watched it last night.

What a load of woke rubbish!

The plot meandered all over the place and was generally weak.

And a criminal underuse of Angelina Jolie acting talents, who should have played a lead character instead of a minor role.

CGI was brilliant though... possibly the only redeeming quality of the film.

I will be deleting it and adding it to the "never to be watched again" pile. 

Thanks @Jai Dee for the heads up.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just watched In Bruges for the third time Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as two hitmen,its a black comedy in many ways,strange though its one of my all time favourite films.

Thanks for reminding me about that one.

Saw this one a few weeks ago with Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz.

The Lobster

on fmovies.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:38 PM, Will27 said:

New series just started.

Episode 1 was pretty good.

RAR

Calls from the Inside.

Summary:  when a suspect is arrested, they get one call. In reality, once a person enters the criminal justice system, they have multiple opportunities to make calls as they await trial. The vast majority of those calls are recorded. An admission, a threat, a slip of the tongue, a bribe it's all on tape and the suspect knows it. But this doesn't always stop them from talking and talking. Calls From the Inside, uses jailhouse phone calls to frame the narrative of murder investigations steeped in mystery.

Documentary or drama?

7 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Good doco, makes me wonder just how much of our history is bu**sh*t. 

History is written by the victors - which means the rich.

I am sure this is just the very very tip of the worlds biggest iceberg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Watched it last night.

What a load of woke rubbish!

The plot meandered all over the place and was generally weak.

And a criminal underuse of Angelina Jolie acting talents, who should have played a lead character instead of a minor role.

CGI was brilliant though... possibly the only redeeming quality of the film.

I will be deleting it and adding it to the "never to be watched again" pile. 

Mostly agree! MCU productions are easily forgotten. But I do like Gemma Chan, have seen her in other TV series and movies. Nice break for her as a lead character.

But, why does there always have to be a very explicit gay couple in almost every new movie? Preferably black and white. Does that tick extra boxes for the studios?

That's the reason I stopped watching Star Trek Discovery. Ships crew are all lesbian or gay or other LG(whatever) and the former captain was a donkey! Gene must be spinning barrels in his orbit!

On 1/14/2022 at 12:41 PM, Henryford said:

Saw an amazing documentary on Youtube last night - Federaljacktube4.

They claim, and prove, it was not the Titanic that sunk in April 1912, it was her sister ship Olympic, and that it was done on purpose !!

The Olympic was seriously damaged the previous year and was economically non viable to run or repair. Plus The White Star Line was facing bankruptcy. The Titanic and Olympic were identical so a few days before the fatal voyage they switched the ships so it was the Olympic that sailed into history and was sunk on it's maiden voyage. Apparently it was easy to spot an iceberg miles away and the ship could easily have sailed around it. Also there was a "rescue" ship - the California, waiting at a set location to take on the "Titanic" passengers. But the captain of the California waited in the wrong location. The Titanic cost 10 million to build but days before the sailing they raised the insurance to 12.5 million, which was paid out days after the sinking.

Also both ships had their names embossed on their bow when they were built. When the submersable when down to the "Titanic" wreckage it looked at the bow and could only see the letters O and M !!

Federaljacktube4 is not a documentary but part of a series of flat earth conspiracy theories on you tube.

30 minutes ago, SpaceKadet said:

Mostly agree! MCU productions are easily forgotten. But I do like Gemma Chan, have seen her in other TV series and movies. Nice break for her as a lead character.

But, why does there always have to be a very explicit gay couple in almost every new movie? Preferably black and white. Does that tick extra boxes for the studios?

That's the reason I stopped watching Star Trek Discovery. Ships crew are all lesbian or gay or other LG(whatever) and the former captain was a donkey! Gene must be spinning barrels in his orbit!

The wokification of productions to create an ideological aspirational future by lieing about the past is getting very irritating. Now they are messing with the future too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1