What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

22 hours ago, bendejo said:

Any theories about who the "Brian" character is based on?  I have 2.

I have 2 also. Peter Green or Mick Jones.

Back in the 80's some mates were telling me about Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac) was spotted on a bus in London constantly ringing the bell because he'd become a fruit loop (nutter). I thought at the time it was maybe just a bad trip he'd had. But I just checked on Wiki and Greenie did actually get diagnosed as a schizophrenic and spent time in 'hospitals'. 

3 hours ago, bobandyson said:

I have 2 also. Peter Green or Mick Jones.

Back in the 80's some mates were telling me about Peter Green (Fleetwood Mac) was spotted on a bus in London constantly ringing the bell because he'd become a fruit loop (nutter). I thought at the time it was maybe just a bad trip he'd had. But I just checked on Wiki and Greenie did actually get diagnosed as a schizophrenic and spent time in 'hospitals'. 

Hey, we overlapped!  I think it's Peter Green or Sid Barret (Pink Floyd, I think it was originally his band).  The story I heard, from a US promoter, was that Green fell in with some cult and they turned him into a vegetable.  Said promoter (a gruff, aggressive sort) wanted to "talk" to him (meaning try to twist his arm into making a comeback), and when he tracked him down he found him sweeping the floor at the ashram -- not too different from the scene in "Still Crazy."

I didn't know Mick Jones flipped.  I saw a documentary recently and I got the impression it was Strummer that was going over the edge, thanks to that manager they had.

There was a US guy named Roy Buchanan, another outstanding guitar player who flipped, I think he was killed by some redneck cop down in Dixie.  Both he and Green wrote songs about visions and voices of the demons, The Green Manalishi is not a poetic reference.

The Line  (2021)   Imdb 7.7   1 season documentary  4 episodes    tinyzonetv

US Navy Seal platoon chief  Eddie Gallagher is accused by his own men of being a serial killer, hiding behind his uniform, during the 'partner' campaign to oust ISIS from Iraq.  President Trump interferes in the case leading to the accused going free.

Quite an interesting watch.

• Like 1

I have a question for the very helpful folk here on this thread, who have helped quite a few times in the past, and I'm looking for help again!!

It's a doco about a survey/expedition in Antarctica, where they drill through the ice using some sort of heat/steam generator...........that's all I know about it because I watch the BBC World News and in between the breaks in the news there is often a clip which looks like it is promoting this documentary regarding the Antarctica, and includes a BBC reporter or scientist. and so on.

The commentator/scientist on this clip is shown in front of an aeroplane which has landed on the ice, and he also comments on the fact that he didn't expect to be spending five weeks camping on the ice! But can I find it anywhere, no chance, and despite a few similar documentary type things, I just have not found this one, so I'm reaching out to those folk here to see if they can help.

I have looked on the BBC World News website but I can't locate it – – any suggestions please folks?

I can tell you that it's not part of the/a David Attenborough series, and I think it was made just recently.

In the theaters the newest Spiderman.  It took half of the movie and one major character death to wash the stench of Disney off of the film.  After that it excelled. Top notch actors in the movie but Willem Dafoe stole the show imo.

At home we just finished The Witcher and were sad to reach the end.  Now we're into the third season of Dark which is one of the best sci-fi efforts I've ever seen.

• Like 1