What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:

It’s worth mentioning - in addition to SBS, Walter presents .. on UK channel 4 is worth checking out. There are lots of really good foreign shows to watch. 

https://www.channel4.com/collection/walter-presents

This claims to be a full list, but I have seen others so maybe they have a limited run, 

https://www.channel4.com/categories/world-drama

I will make time for this sometime

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/sakho-mangane

You need a VPN or whatever folks use on their browser. 

I've tried several times to channel4/Walter presents but can never download the app.

Even with several vpns.

• Like 1

Just now, Will27 said:

I've tried several times to channel4/Walter presents but can never download the app.

Even with several vpns.

Yeah its weird - I can watch on my computer web browser through Surfshark, but I can't capture (download) the shows on my computer. I usually see what shows are on the channel and put out a request for someone else to capture them and I DL them ????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Even with several vpns.

I just tried with ExpressVPN and even though i can watch content on the All4 app when i choose a Walter presents video it says “ unavailable in your country “.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I just tried with ExpressVPN and even though i can watch content on the All4 app when i choose a Walter presents video it says “ unavailable in your country “.

I don't know what to suggest, It works for me with a web browser, although I just tried a screenshot and got a blank screen where the video player is.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 09.56.47.png

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Even with several vpns.

I've been having issues trying to install the ITV Hub from the google playstore on my TV box. Possibly because my playstore account is for Thailand. There is an option to change country which is currently greyed out possibly because I think the number of allowed country changes is limited and I may have exceeded that limit. I think if I connect to the UK with my VPN I'll be able to create a new google account which can access the UK apps in the playstore. I'll try that soon.

26 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I get the "unavailable in your country" whenever I try and download the app.

Even when using a vpn.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yeah its weird - I can watch on my computer web browser through Surfshark, but I can't capture (download) the shows on my computer. I usually see what shows are on the channel and put out a request for someone else to capture them and I DL them ????

If using Windows the only all-around capture software I know of is Internet Download Manager.  It would be nice to have one that runs on native Linux.

VLC has the capability, you may want to look into it.

Edited by bendejo

20 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Does anyone know if its possible to download the complete series of 1833 its great ,someone posted  tinyzonetv ,went there but still only 3 episodes.

I tried, but after watching the opening scene of a woman with an arrow through her stomach running around shooting Indians, decided it wasn't for me.

• Haha 1

Just now, bendejo said:

If using Windows the only all-around capture software I know of is Internet Download Manager.  It would be nice to have one that runs on native Linux.

Not too sure about internet DL manager - does it allow you to pick the stream? Tubedigger is the usual go to for windows users. If you want to capture iplayer on linux then get-iplayer - https://get-iplayer.github.io/get_iplayer/

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

1883 ep 4 out now.

Mayor of Kingstown Ep 10 as well.

Mayor E09 ... sh!t hit the fan ... watching them both.  Intro to 1883 doesn't bode well for the end of the journey ... ????

Slim pickins lately, movie wise, and not much good, along with a few TV series ended their season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Mayor E09 ... sh!t hit the fan ... watching them both.  Intro to 1883 doesn't bode well for the end of the journey ... ????

Slim pickins lately, movie wise, and not much good, along with a few TV series ended their season.

Screws  a new British prison drama

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I watched this because I have a few friends back in NZ who are restaurateurs and I have visited their restaurants many times over the years, and this seems pretty well true to form, and I thought it was good, and well worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

E4 1883 now on tinyzonetv.to

MOKT E 9

and new series called Screw a British  prison  drama

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Still Crazy

fmovies.

Billy Connelly, Bill Nighy, Timothy Spall, Jimmy Nail........

'They're getting the band back together again'

Caught that on MNET back when we were getting it in Thailand, I liked it.  Strangely, I've never come across this movie mentioned anywhere.  Good companion for Almost Famous, which came out a few years later.

Any theories about who the "Brian" character is based on?  I have 2.

Once upon a time @SpaceKadet said:

Boba is not one of my most favorite characters in the Star Wars universe, don't really understand why they make the series on him, but I'll watch it and see how it develops.

Yeah, maybe a single movie, like they did with young Han Solo, which I thought was pretty good.  I'll keep watching also, my guess is there will not be a second season of it.  In the 1950s-60s cowboy TV shows were big in the US (Steve McQueen and Clint Eastwood emerged from them) and The Mandalorian was a lot like one.  I think it was Baby Yoda that made the show a hit.

Well, there aren't that many organic, and sympathetic, characters in SW to elaborate on.  They are working on a young Obi-Wan thing (with McGregor).  Maybe they can salvage pieces of broken droids, like the AI from General Grievous, and create new characters.

In showbiz these days the big producers are salivating over the success of the Marvel superhero movies, and they're responding with buffed guys and gals beating each other up every chance they get.  A beefy bald-headed guy running around a desert planet where everyone else needs to keep all skin unexposed...  Well, I guess it could be acceptable to an audience that snorts detergent pods as a dare.

Edited by bendejo