Travel agency TUI receives more criticism after Norwegian family was isolated in Thailand

webfact

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

They don't live here, maybe have never visited before, so they believed what they were told.

however dumb these folk are,  they should have done their homework and checked what would a positive result entail etc ....  ( Q.  do i go to a Thai hospital if I contract Covid19  ) 

Don't blame everyone else because you contracted the virus. 

I'll bet this visit is their first and last time ....  Lol   

outbreak at school

The children are students at Sjøskogen School, where the disease broke out before Christmas. On December 21, the municipality of s announced that a micro-infection had been confirmed in the school.

She is critical of the fact that the school was open even though there was a lot of infection there. Before the end of last week, parents were told that everyone should come and take exams and get their kids tested.

http://www.modularphonesforum.com/holidays-thailand-a-family-christmas-holiday-in-thailand-has-become-a-nightmare-for-corona-the-only-thing-we-want-now-is-to-go-home/

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Hang about a minute, if you read the OP you will see that they jumped through all the hoops, and were under the clear impression that if the worst came to the worst and one of them did test positive then they could isolate in the hotel, for which they had paid. The ladies gripe is that instead the whole family have been forced into (an admittedly rather "Gucci") hospital.

And yes Steven, it probably will be their one and only visit, but how many others will, having heard this, never come?

The other gripe that the lady has is

“The room is nice but it is closed and we are not allowed to go out.

. We are allowed outside at a special time during the day but because there are other covid-19 patients I don’t dare to go out there,” she says.

If they had been allowed to isolate in the hotel would she have stayed in the hotel room 24/7 for the 10 day period or did she expect that she would be able to go out and carry on her holiday as normal.

https://scandasia.com/travel-agency-tui-receives-more-criticism-after-norwegian-family-was-isolated-in-thailand/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but I think when travelling for  holiday in the middle of a pandemic you should be reading and investigating the situation more fully yourself and not relying on 'we got the impression'

No, that is the travel agency's responsibility to inform the travelers since one usually pays them extra than to fix everything by ones self.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

There is no excuse to force people into a hospital if they are asympotomatic,

A person can pass it on and infect others even if they are asymptomatic, but still positive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Olssson said:

I would generally agree that one needs to find all information about the regulations before traveling but I also think travel agencies bear the responsibility to clearly inform people about the risks of traveling under the current pandemic but they don’t provide full information because it simply is not in their economical interest.

There is a showbiz saying that "all publicity is good publicity  - however this is not the case here". This will make people who read the story wary of using TUI in the future!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What did they think their arrival test was for.... positive or negative, no action? As this reads I simply see someone not accepting their own responsibilities.

You need to read more closely. You are simply wrong in your presumptions.

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

No, that is the travel agency's responsibility to inform the travelers since one usually pays them extra than to fix everything by ones self.

Inform them verbally or in the form of printed documentation?

Anway supplying travellers with detailed medical information  is not the job of a travel agent.  Given that information  and procedures changes constantly it would  not be wise for travel agents to advise on such matters.

• Confused 1